Riverdale Bound

Freya's POV

"So, my cousin is Queen of Hell?" Ambrose asks in the middle of the pile of books he's trying to organize in the Academy's library. "Shhh! Not so loud Ambrose." Sabrina says hushing him. I just sit back with my thumb between my top teeth and bottom lip. This is too much for me. 

"I'm assuming, because you're still alive, that the Aunties do not know?" He says. Is it just me or is he taking this news WAY better than I thought. "No. They don't." Sabrina answers as she leans against a shelf. "Where is Lilith in all of this?" Ambrose asks. He leans forward, intrigued. Guess that that's better than mad? 

"Lilith is my regent. She's handling most of the workload. But this Prince of Hell challenged my queenship and now I have to find King Herod's crown before he does and we really hope you can help us." Sabrina says.

"Us?" Ambrose asks as he looks to me. "Handmaidens gotta handmaiden." I say with a weak smile. "Wait wait wait. You're on an Arthurian quest for the unholy regalia?" He asks, eyes wide. "Starting with Herod's crown." Sabrina says. As if it is obvious. "Will you help?" She asks.

"How can I say no to a queen?" Ambrose says with a smile. PRAISE WHOEVER. This went 1000% better than I thought it would. "My sentiments exactly." Nick says as he walks around a corner in the library. I smile and perch myself on Ambrose's lap. 

"Nick. I was just coming to find you." Sabrina says with a smile. "That's okay. I found you instead." He says as he leans down and pecks her lips. "Do you have plans for lunch? Because I know a place." Nick says with smile. Sabrina nods and follows him towards the door.

"Yeah, no. Don't worry about it! We'll take care of everything." I say sarcastically. "Oh I know. You are my handmaiden afterall." She teases. I give her the finger and she laughs. "Please try to do some work. I'm trusting you two alone. Ambrose you better be opening pages and not legs-" 

"OKAY WE GET IT. GO!" I yell as Ambrose laughs so hard I swear I see a tear. I push off of him and begin looking through the aisles. "Come on it was a funny joke." He says. I roll my eyes playfully. 

"Alright librarian. Show me where the books are about the regalia." I say. "Librarian. I kinda like that. Is this like some role playing kind of thing?" He asks cheekily. I grab the nearest book and turn to throw it at him.

----------------------------

Freya's POV

An hour or so later Ambrose and I are running through the halls of the academy looking for Sabrina. We may have found the perfect piece of information to help us win this stupid quest challenge thing. I see Sabrina wandering the halls and I reach out and grab her arm before she can go any further.

"Not now! I need to find Nick." She hisses. "I believe we may have found Herod's crown." Ambrose says. This catches her attention. "We at least generally." I say. Sabrina looks at me and then down the hall, as if she's trying to spot Nick.

"Time is of the essence, is it not?" Ambrose reminds her. Sabrina sighs and motions for us to lead the way. "How did you find it?" She asks. "Research. You should try it some time." I say sarcastically. 

"We started with the last known whereabouts, namely the tomb of Herod. Officially, Herodiam, as it is called, was first excavated by Italian archeologists in 1962." Ambrose explains. "And unofficially?" Sabrina asks. Ambrose and I smile.

"By an American archeologist and warlock, Edward Robinson, in 1838. From there, the crown changed hands several times from one Jake Huisman to Aleister Crowley, to an American soldier, Private Benjamin Blossom who recovered the crown from Hitler's bunker. Now, from there, Blossom is the kicker, sneaked the crown back to his home town." Ambrose explains. 

"His hometown of, get this, Riverdale." I say with a smirk. "So how are we going to find it?" Sabrina asks as we get to an old beat up car that we were borrowing for this trip. "Riverdale is kinda a big scary place." Sabrina comments.

"True. But we have this." Ambrose says as he pulls a compass out of his pocket. "Have you ever seen Pirates of the Caribbean? Sparrow has that compass that goes all over the place? Well this is just like that. Only it picks up on the darkest of energies." I explain. 

"To Riverdale we go."

------------------------

Freya's POV*-

"A maple tree farm?" I ask as we follow the compass. "I guess so." Sabrina says as we approach a large gate. Guess this maple tree farm is important considering its almost impossible to get into.

"Hey you!" The guard yells out. We all freeze. My mind starts racing and I can feel Ambrose and Sabrina start prepping for a spell to get us through. The guard quickly approaches us. "I'm going to have to ask you to sign in so I can register you some name tags." He says. He slips me a name tag and holds out a clipboard for Ambrose and Brina. We all look at each other and Sabrina slowly takes the pen. I look down at the name tag handed to me. 

Cheryl Blossom. 

Oh. My. Lilith. He thinks I'm a Blossom. I don't know who this Cheryl girl is but hopefully she has some power around here. I stand up straight and clear my throat. Here goes nothing. 

"Actually, I think we are all set. As a Blossom I can just come and go." I say. Ambrose and Sabrina look at me and try to figure out what I'm doing. The guard looks at me and then the clipboard. "But my superior says-" "I don't know what you're superior told you, but let me tell you what's going to happen. You're going to let us in." I tell him. Keeping myself as calm as possible. He stands there for a moment before sighing. 

"My apologies Miss Blossom, I'm new here. I'll open the gate for you. When you see your father, please tell him that I'm so grateful that he gave me this job. It means a lot." He says as he fumbles with the keys. "I will." I say. 

He unlocks the gate and lets us in. He apologizes once more before we walk right by him. Ambrose waits a few feet before pulling the compass out of his pocket. It spins like crazy which means we are close. Really close.

"What just happened?" Sabrina asks. "To be honest, no clue. He handed me this pass." I say showing her. I look again, next to the name is a small photo. Pictured is a young girl, about my age with the same fiery ginger hair. "Well Miss Blossom, lead the way." Sabrina says with a smirk. I toss the card aside and we continue searching.

Suddenly Ambrose stops walking and I look over his shoulder. The compass is freaking out. I look up at the biggest tree in the whole lot. "I don't understand." Sabrina says looking at the tree. Ambrose opens up his backpack and pulls out a hatchet.

"They didn't hide it in the ground. They hid it in a tree." He says. "Clever Blossoms." I say with a smirk. Ambrose rears back and swings at the three. It makes a loud crack and some of the syrup? sap? starts pouring out of the tree. After a couple of minutes Ambrose reaches into the tree and feels around. 

Out of the mess of sap and bark, Ambrose pulls a large crown. 

"The crown of Herod." Ambrose says looking down into his hands like he doesn't believe it. "Will wonders ever cease?" He jokes. Sabrina grabs the axe that Ambrose tossed aside. "Give it to me." She says.

"What are you going to do?" I ask. "Destroy it so no one can use it against me and bring what's left of it down to Hell." She says. "Wait! Hold on, cousin. This crown is radiating an enormous amount of energy. The compass could sense it. I can sense it. If I could just borrow it for a few hours to study its properties, I might be able to harness it's power and restore the coven's strength." Ambrose explains. 

"I don't know Ambrose." Sabrina says. "I'll have it done before we go to the carnival tonight. I'll meet you and Freya there. Afterwards you can bring it to Hell." He says. "Fine! But then we destroy it together." Sabrina says. 

"I think this is a bad idea-" "There they are!" A voice yells out. I turn over my shoulder and a couple of guards are coming our way. "Shit!" I grab the backpack and we all start running through the trees. 

All I wanted was a nice, relaxing day.