Bad Ass Witches

Freya

Sabrina and I rush back to her house trying to come up with ideas for how the heaven we were going to deal with this demon. According to Father Blackwood, witches couldn't perform exorcisms. Sabrina, however, was no ordinary witch. We agreed that when we got back to the house I'd go to Ambrose's bookshelves to try to find anything while Sabrina talks to her Aunties. I was 100% down with this plan because it involves me going back into Ambrose's room.

"How was the Academy dearies?" Aunt Hilda calls from the parlor when we get inside. I take a quick detour and follow Sabrina into the room to say hello. "What are you doing here?" Sabrina asks Miss Wardwell who is sitting in between the Aunties. 

"Sabrina. Please don't be cross with me." Miss Wardwell says with a sad expression. "After our encounter in the mines," Oh great SHE was there too? "and having recognized the demon on that stone, I became concerned that you were putting yourself in danger." She says. Sabrina and I don't buy this. At all. "Do my aunties know what you are?" Sabrina asks. "I've told them everything." Miss Wardwell says. Something about her body language seems off to me. She seems too stiff and cautious. However, if she really was sent by Edward Spellman, this would all make sense if she was actually concerned with Sabrina's well being. 

"I wish I could say that we were surprised, but this is just like Edward, isn't it Hilda?" Zelda asks taking a drag off of her cigarette. Hilda bows her head in agreement. "It's insulting, of course, that he didn't think that we would be up for the task of protecting you ourselves" Zelda says dramatically.

"Maybe you aren't." Miss Wardwell says suddenly, shocking all of us. "I beg your pardon?" I ask bewildered. "Sabrina has been finding herself in increasingly difficult predicaments since fleeing from her Dark Baptism." Miss Wardwell says directing it at Aunt Zelda. Sabrina shakes her head, clearly having enough of this bullshit.

"Jesse Putnam is going to die if we don't do anything!" Sabrina yells getting everyone's attention. "Not to mention all of our friends will be next." I add. "And if we can't get help from the Church of Night, I'll get it from the Catholic Church down the road." Sabrina says defiantly. Miss Wardwell places a hand on her chest in shock. "Have you lost your mind?" Aunt Zelda scolds. 

"I don't see what choice we have? Father Blackwood said that there is no exorcism rite for witches to perform." Sabrina says to Aunt Zelda. "Actually," Miss Wardwell says, "It just so happend Edward wrote a rite expressly for that purpose." She says digging through her purse. "And how is that information at all helpful?" Aunt Zelda asks quite annoyed with Wardwell's presence. "Always thinking outside the box, Edward." Aunt Hilda says with a smile.

"It so happens, I have the rite with me." Miss Wardwell says taking a small notebook out of her purse. "Now, if the girls insist on following this madness through, they should be armed with the proper tools at least." She says with a smile, well more like a smirk. "I'm sorry. Are you suggesting that our girls perform an exorcism?" Aunt Zelda asks bewildered.

"I called Susie's on the way home. She and her dad aren't there." I tell everyone. "If we act fast-" "So it seems like you two have made up your mind." Wardwell says standing. "You claim that you entire reason of being here is to protect Sabrina." Aunt Zelda says getting in her face. Miss Wardwell shrugs. "Well it is. And I'll go with them of course." She says walking towards us. 

"No. I won't allow it. I forbid it." Zelda says standing in between Wardwell and us. "Aunt Zelda, I'm not asking for permission. We're doing it. And if Miss Wardwell wants to chaperone, fine." Sabrina says defiantly in Aunt Zelda's face. 

"I'll go as well." Aunt Hilda says rising from the couch. "Hilda! Need I remind you the Church of Night expressly forbids performing exorcisms." Zelda scolds. "Yes, but I'm excommunicated, aren't I?" Hilda says with a small giggle. "So what really do I have to lose?" 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ambrose's POV

I walk up the stairs from the embalming room and hand Aunt Zelda a piece of paper. "I ran Lady Blackwood's urine sample for you, Aunt Zee." She snatches it from my hands. "Interesting results." I say as she paces back and forth.

"For the love of Satan, what have I done to deserve these women in my life?" Aunt Zelda says. I smile and lean back against the wall. Knowing that she, of course, means all the women in this household, but my mind drifts to one in particular. "Lucky, I suppose." I tell her.

"I refuse to put the safety of those girls in the hands of a spinster school woman and a British halfwit." She says angrily. "Why, what have the girls gotten into now?" I ask with curiosity. She turns on her heel and faces me. "They're off performing the first ever witch exorcism." She tells me. 

"Isn't that dangerous?" I ask with concern. If only that girl could keep herself out of trouble, that would be great. It's hard to protect the one's you care about when you're trapped within these walls. "They are going to all get killed." Zelda sighs. I grab her elbow.

"Not if you help them, they won't. Please." I beg. She takes one more look at me before turning and rushing to the door. For the love of Satan bring back my girls.

------------------------------------------

Freya

I had memorized the Putnam house long ago. Susie and I had come here to play all the time. So when I try the handle on the guest room, and find it locked, I know that we are in the right spot. I say a small incantation under my breath and the door slowly creaks open. The room inside is dirty and smells like bad hygiene. Sabrina, Aunt Hilda, Miss Wardwell, and I creep inside, careful to not disturb the demon.

"How lovely," The demon speaks. Well so much for not disturbing him. "You're back. And you brought friends. Four little piggies, all pink and plump and ripe for eating." It says in a dangerously calm manner.  "Hush, demon." Aunt Hilda demands. 

"I went to the mines last night and found out your real name, Apophis." Sabrina says. "The devouring worm." We all say together. The demon groans and strains. Uncle Jesse's body moves in ways that no human body should. Wardwell warns us to move quickly as the Putnam's could be home any minute. 

"We call forth the witches from the shade." Sabrina says starting the exorcism. "Those who came before us, and died, so that we might live." She continues. "Visit us sisters. Intercede on our behalf." We all say. "I call forth Lilith of Aradia, of Morgan Le Fay." I yell at the demon who starts writing. "Visit us sisters. Intercede on our behalf." We all say. 

The demon keeps spitting the most explicit threats at each of us. We continue the chant and call upon all the witches that have come before us. It works for a while, but then the demon seems to shake us. He rises from the bed like some shit you would see in the exorcist. Our spell clearly isn't working anymore. 

"Sabrina, it's not working!" I call out. "Keep going!" Miss Wardwell tells us. Sabrina takes my hand. "Our energies are gathering, you can feel them." I tell her. She nods and we continue. Suddenly, the demon frees its arms and he comes lounging towards us. I scream and jump back, my hip ramming into a dresser. "Something's wrong! I'm not strong enough!" Sabrina yells as she grabs onto a bookshelf for protection. 

"Yes you are!" Aunt Zelda says running into the room. "I call upon Cybil Leek. I call upon Priscilla Spellman. I call upon Francis Spellman. I call upon Evanora and Locasta Spellman!" She says joining us. The five of us join hands and scream out the rest of the ritual. As we call out the final words, Uncle Jesse drops back onto the bed and vomits all over the floor.

"Is it- is it over?" I ask. "Not quite." Miss Wardwell says grabbing a towel off one of the shelves. She runs to the other side of the bed and scoops something off the floor. She takes off for the door and we all follow suit. Wardwell continues running out of the house and to the well in the backyard. She only pauses a moment before throwing it into the well, never to be seen again. 

And just like that, the demon was gone.