It's Showtime

Freya

Ambrose holds my hand tightly as we walk through the halls of the academy the next day. I spot Dorcas across the hall talking with Agatha. I squeeze Ambrose's hand and he gets the hint. He gives me one last nod of encouragement before we walk over to them.

"Agatha! There you are." I say with a fake smile. "Zelda has been looking for you. She has requested your presence in the church. For some extra rehearsal before the big show." Ambrose says. Agatha smiles proudly.

"Probably wants to tell me what an amazing job I've been doing." She says as she tosses one of her braids over her shoulder. "Probably." I say through clenched teeth. She walks away and Dorcas starts to follow her. I quickly reach out and snag her hand. Giving her a look to stay.

"What is this about?" She asks as I lead her into an empty classroom. Ambrose closes the door behind him and leans against it so no one can come in. "I did what you asked me to." I tell her as I reach into a pocket of my skirt and pull out the small vial.

" I tell her as I reach into a pocket of my skirt and pull out the small vial

"Yay! Thank you!" She says with a smile. "Don't thank me yet. Oh- but you have to drink it now. So it gives it enough time for the potion to really start working." I tell her. She gives me a smile before quickly uncapping it and throwing it back like it was a shot. She makes a face and hands the empty bottle back to me. 

"How does it feel?" I ask carefully. I study her to make sure she doesn't puke, or pass out, or just die right in front of me. Dorcas looks around the room for a second before smiling. "I feel like it's working already. Thank you so much Freya. I owe you one." She says as she gives me a quick hug and walks past Ambrose and out of the room.

"Well I guess she didn't die." Ambrose says walking up to me. "Maybe it was just a test?" I wonder out loud. Ambrose slings his arm across my shoulders. "Maybe. Guess we did all that worrying for nothing." He says as he kisses my cheek and leads me out of the empty room.

"One can only hope." I say, still worried out of my mind.

-------------------------------

Freya

"Be careful with that needle. I need to put on my best performance in a few hours." Ambrose says with a smug grin as I finish the last couple of touches on his costume. He looks damn good. I think I did a pretty good job. I managed to finish all the costumes and not kill Dorcas before opening night. That's a success for me. 

"Ah yes, it looks marvelous." Aunt Zelda says coming into the room. Ambrose does a small spin and Zelda smiles, taking a drag off her cigarette. "Couldn't agree more." Sabrina says as she walks in. She throws her book bag down and crosses her arms. Something is wrong. I can tell instantly. 

"There she is! A star about to be born!" Aunt Hilda coos. "Sabrina, I've just had a call from Father Blackwood. Dorcas, it seems, has come down with a sudden case of the chicken pox." Aunt Zelda explains happily. I start freaking out and turn to Ambrose who is already looking at me, silently telling me to remain calm. How can I remain calm when I gave a girl chicken pox?

"Which means you will play Lilith in front of the entire coven this evening. Isn't that marvelous? Now, I'm sure Freya will make sure you are prepared. Break a leg." Aunt Zelda says as she exits the room. Sabrina looks at me and sees that something is off.

"You okay?" She asks. "Are you?" I counter. She sighs. "Agree to talk about this all later?" She asks. I nod. I grab her hand and drag her out of the room. Someone has got to get this girl ready for opening night.

"Women are so confusing."

-----------------------

Freya

I sit anxiously in the front row, program seated in my lap. I had just finished my rounds and all four cast members looked perfect. I'm actually quite proud of my work. Yet, the thought of Dorcas's sickness being my fault still weighs down on me. I shake this thought as the lights go down. 

The curtain rises and there stands Nick, in his beautiful wings that took me hours, and Ambrose, who looks amazing as the False God. The speak a for a moment before Ambrose, the False God, rips the wings from Nick, Lucifer. This makes me shudder. Knowing that I had spent hours upon hours on making those just to watch them get torn apart. The False God then casts Lucifer out of Heaven. The whole time, I'm just entranced by Ambrose. What isn't this man good at?

The next scene is when things start to get interesting. Sabrina walks on stage. Wearing the beautiful white gown I had made for her, and she wears the long red wig that Dorcas was supposed to wear. Sabrina can pull of blonde, white, and red hair it seems. Aunt Zelda claps at her entrance.

"Mistress Lilith, wait!" Agatha calls out as she walks on in her bird costume. "Oh Stolas, the Garden was my rightful home, but I've been cast out for refusing to lie beneath Adam and kneel before the False God. Two things I will never do. " Sabrina, or Lilith, says. 

"There is no need to wander the wasteland, no need to starve and die." Nick, or Lucifer, says as he enters stage left. "Who are you?" Sabrina asks. "I am Lucifer. Once, I was called Morningstar. We have a common enemy." Nick says.

"He's a man, as are you." Sabrina says. "No, I am the angel who will help you get your revenge. Kneel before me, acknowledge that I am your Dark Lord, and I will give you power, eternal life, and eventually, if you serve me well, a throne by my side in Hell." Nick tells her. "What do you think Stolas?" Sabrina asks Agatha. Agatha, or Stolas, agrees with Lucifer. The scene ends. 

I turn and look at the other witches and warlocks around me. They all seem moved by the story. Some even wipe their eyes as they hide their tears. Damn. Okay. I know what's coming in the next scene and I don't think I'm mentally prepared for it. 

"Life is untroubled in this cave with you here, Lucifer Morningstar." Sabrina says. She goes on to praise Lucifer and all that he has done for her. It honestly seems a little forced. Praising a man? Sabrina? Yeah right, good thing she's a good actress. Nick takes Sabrina's hands in his and I prepare myself for what happens next. 

Nick grabs onto the back of Sabrina's neck and pulls her in for a kiss. A steamy one, might I add. The kiss seems to go on for a second too long. But I try to ignore this. Sabrina drops to her knees and pledges her loyalty to the Dark Lord. He offers her hand and she rises by his side. Lights go down and the curtain drops. 

The coven screams and applauds. Everyone rises to their feet to give a standing ovation when the actors come out to give their final bow. I cheer and call out to Sabrina and Ambrose. While today may have been an intense one, it certainly had an interesting finish. Ambrose sends me a wink and I knows what he's thinking.

Onto the after party. So be it.