Speechless

Freya

The sun had start to set by the time they got back. Like I said, they probably started making out in the maze. When they return there are no apples in sight, but instead Sabrina has a black cat. She says that's she's taking him home but the cat and I instantly fall in love. He sits in my lap and purrs the whole way home. 

"Ah shit! I forgot that my grandpa was coming over for dinner tonight." says Harvey. "Oh no. Let us out here, it's not that far of a walk. I'm sure Freya won't mind a little walk in the woods at dusk. Besides it will give us time to talk." Sabrina explains. Harvey pulls over and Sabrina and I hop out. I'm holding the kitty, which Sabrina names Salem. Sabrina walks around to the driver's side and gives Harvey a big kiss.

"Y'all can you not. That's gross." I say covering Salem's eyes. "Besides you need to get home. I'll swing by tomorrow for the pumpkins." Harvey waves, gives Sabrina another kiss and then he's off. 

Sabrina and I start walking into the woods. For anyone else, this might be a scary scenario. For us, this was just a normal night. We both love the woods. When we were little, we would spend hours exploring and making maps of the woods. There is something so calming about the silence. Nature is just so fucking beautiful man.

At first we walk in silence but Sabrina has this look on her face. She has always worn her emotions in plain sight. Easy to read. "Brina.... what's up? You look distracted." I ask putting Salem down. 

"Freya, would you still be my friend even if I had been keeping something from you-" "Oh my god you're pregnant!" I scream. "What?! No! Harvey and I haven't.... you know. But seriously, would you be my friend?" She asks again. Normally I'd make some sarcastic remark but the look in her eyes tells me that it's not the time. "Of course Sabrina. You're my best friend and you always will be. Is something wrong?" I ask as we stop in a clearing.

She turns to me with tears in her eyes. "I can't go to Baxter High anymore." She squeaks. I instantly take her in my arms. "Wait why? what happened? are you moving?" I ask not bothering to give her any time to answer. She sniffles and pulls away from me. "I'm going to say something. It's going to sound crazy but I need you to just stay with me." "I can do crazy." I say. I couldn't tell you what I'm feeling right now. I could be nervous. Scared. I'm not sure. But that doesn't matter. Sabrina need me right now. 

"I'm a witch Freya." "Very funny Sabrina. What did you actually have to tell me?" I say trying to crack a joke. She just stares at me as tears continue coming out of her eyes. "Wait you're being serious? Oh shit I'm sorry. I don't really know what to say or do in this situation." I ramble. Witches don't exist. Sabrina couldn't be a witch. I'd known her all my life, there's no way she could be. I would have known....right?

"Please don't freak out or be scared. I really need you." She pleads taking my hand. "Sabrina what do you mean that you're a witch?" "Well half witch. My mother was mortal.... like you." She explains. I just stare blankly at her. What the fuck was she talking about.

"Freya please say something. Look I can prove it." she says. She lets go of my hand and walks further into the clearing. She lowers her head and says some things that I can't hear when all of a sudden the leaves begin swirling around me and the wind picks up. 

"Sabrina what the fuck!" I yell. "Please don't be mad!" She says running up to me. "Let me finish! What the fuck! You could have done that when I was raking Mrs. Glover's lawn last month? You let me do all that work?" I ask. She just looks at me confused. "Wait you're not mad or anything." "Mad? No. Confused? Hell yes. My best friend is a witch. Holy shit this is so cool." 

She just smiles and hugs me. I can feel her crying again so I just hug her back. "I have so many questions." "I know. I'm sure you do. Let's go to my place. My Aunts and Cousin will help me answer all your questions." "YOU ARE ALL WITCHES?" I yell. She laughs and covers my mouth with her hand. "Yes now let's go before you accidentally tell all of Greendale." She giggles. 

I take her hand off my mouth and start running the direction of her house. "This is so exciting. My best friend is a witch. Witches are real." Sabrina just laughs. "I'm just happy this went well. It didn't go so well with Harvey." I stop dead in my tracks and she plows into my back.

"Harvey knows? Does Roz know? Or Susie?" "No. No one but you knows. I tried telling Harvey but he freaked out and thought I was breaking up with him. It was too much so I erased that part of his memory." "Holy shit have you ever done that to me?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"I would never use magic on you guys." "What a shame, I'd love you to use your magic right now. My legs are getting destroyed by these bushes." I laugh. "It's your fault that you wore a dress." With a flick of her wrist and a small chant in some language, Latin I think, the bushes in our way clear. In front of us is a small graveyard. Behind the graveyard is the most beautiful house I've ever seen. It looked like it belonged in the Addams Family. It was black and so unsymmetrical. I must have been staring too long because Sabrina asks, "Wanna see the inside." 

I just smile and nod. She leads me out of the woods and towards the house. Salem runs up the front steps and rubs up against the door as if he knew that he was home. I can't tell if I'm sweating from walking through the woods, or if I was just ridiculously nervous. Sabrina throws open the door in a dramatic fashion. I'm utterly speechless for the second time today. I make my way inside. 

"Aunties? Ambrose? Freya is here. Can we please have a family meeting?" Sabrina calls out. One of her aunts, Hilda I think, calls out from the other room. Sabrina shrugs and we walk into the room where the voice came from.

The room was dark. The only source of light was the fire in the fireplace. It took my eyes a second to adjust but I could clearly see three people. Two on one couch and a third on the opposite couch. I follow Sabrina further into the room. That's when I notice a fourth person leaning against the fire place. It's too dark to make out his features but I have other things to worry about right now. 

"Is this the child?" The man on the couch asks. 

"It is, Your Excellency. And her friend." Aunt Zelda says. "This is our niece Sabrina and her friend Freya, who I will escort out."  Hilda says standing up.

"She stays." The man says. "But she's-" "I know exactly what she is." 

The man looks me and Sabrina up and down. "Girls, you have no idea how special you are, do you?"