Uphill Battle

Freya

"Freya do be a dear and help me please." Aunt Zelda asks as she hobbles toward the Church. I crouch down and adjust the strap to her heels. Despite aging rapidly, she still insisted on looking her absolute best. She silently thanks me and I reoffer her my arm to guide her. "Remember ladies, we carry ourselves with aplomb and dignity. We admit our wrongs, accept our punishment, and try to put this whole sordid mess behind us." Zelda coached. We all nod and head into the Church.

This was my first time inside. It looked just like any normal church, but there were Satanic symbols carved into the floors and walls. There were candles EVERYWHERE. The decor included skulls, goat heads, and random smears of blood. How lovely. 

I take my seat in the front pew next Sabrina and the Aunties. Blackwood stands in front of the coven and begins court. "We, the profane..." he explains " Gather here tonight in this sacrilegious court to serve the Dark Lord's justice. A deplorable crime has been committed against our master and savior..." He drones on. I would roll my eyes if I wasn't so scared of him. I try to keep up but some of the words he uses just confuse me. Baxter High is great and all, but I don't think that we are on the same level of education as the Academy. 

Sabrina gets called to the stand. "When the accused is confirmed guilty, not only will she abandon her mortal life immediately, but upon her death, she shall burn for 333 years in the pit." Blackwood explains with a nasty smile. The whole coven errupts in cheers. "They can't do that can they?" I whisper to Aunt Hilda. She just shrugs. Good, I'm not the only one confused. 

"Accused, how do you plead?" A big scary creature asks. And yes, that's the best way to describe him. Sabrina just stands there and stammers.  Suddenly the doors to the church fly open and an old man comes marching in. "She pleads not guilty." He says. Everyone starts murmuring and asking questions. I just stare at the man and try to figure out where I know him from.

"Mr. Webster, you're not unknown to this court but you are unwelcome and uninvited." Blackwood tells the man. Webster....how do I know that name? "Untrue sir." The man says. "Where my client goes... I follow." He says turning to Sabrina. "Client?" Aunt Zelda asks. "He's my lawyer Aunt Zelda." Sabrina says with a smile. Oh this ought to be good. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freya

This was the most interesting episode of Judge Judy that I have ever seen. Only Judge Judy is Father Blackwood. When Sabrina was on the stand, Father Blackwood asked if she had promised to marry the Dark Lord as she showed up in a wedding dress. To which she refuted. I would sure fucking hope so. Harvey has no chance against the Dark Lord. Mr. Webster gets to ask questions but he also points out that there is no evidence of a marriage. This makes me smile as there is no case then right? Wrong apparently. 

"Your most unholiest, I'd like to submit into evidence, our most unholy grimoire." Father Blackwood says rising to the stand. He places the book of the beast down in front of Sabrina. Aunt Zelda instantly tenses up beside me. "Miss Spellman, would you be so kind as to open it to the page I've indicated?" He asks. Sabrina does so and follows Blackwood's finger as he points to a name. "Would you please read the name that's been written there?" He asks. Sabrina takes a second to read it over before looking up confused. She looks to us for guidance. 

"It says Sabrina Spellman." She says. The whole courtroom gasps and Mr. Webster runs to the front of the room to see if it's true. "You dishonors, are we to believe that  a baby signed the Book of the Beast three days after she was born?" Webster asks. Blackwood ignores this and calls Aunt Zelda to the stand. I stand and help her to the podium before returning next to Sabrina in my seat. 

"Ms. Spellman. Zelda. Take us back to the date written here." Blackwood says pointing to something in the book. "Of course your excellency. I- I accompanied my brother into the Greendale wood. In his arms, he carried his newborn daughter, Sabrina. When we reached a clearing, he placed the babe on the altar, and then signed her name in the book of the beast. Promising her soul to the Dark Lord." She explains. 

My jaw drops. Judge Judy could never. Ladies and Gentlemen, get your popcorn because shit is about to go down. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freya

Court had been dismissed for the night. All I can say is that it was a very long and award walk back to the Spellman house. Once we got inside, all Hell broke loose.

"All your strong arming trying to get me to sign. You were just trying to cover up the fact that you pawned me off like a used car." Sabrina accused. "You were never meant to find out!" Zelda retorted. "You were meant to choose the path of night. and sign your name willingly. That way..." The two bickered back and forth. I just sighed and leaned against the door frame. Can I just have one normal night? 

Right as I ask myself this question, I feel a pull  at my elbow. Ambrose guides me away from the arguing and into the front hall of the building. "Are you alright? You look like you needed to get out of there." He explains. I nod. "I can't stand watching them fight. This whole situation is so fucked. I just want this to all be over so I can start my new life. I just need to clear my head." I rant. 

He nods. "So is now a bad time for those books?" He asks with a small smile. I stand up straight, thinking over the idea. "You know what- I'd love nothing more." I tell him. His smile grows and grabs my hand before leading me up the stairs, leaving the argument downstairs to echo in the halls.