Emotional Nights

Freya

After the soul eater took Tommy's soul. Sabrina cried in my arms on the ground in the woods. Miss Wardwell was of no comfort. By the time I gave her my third death glare, she decided that it was the right time for her to go. So she left us there. Left us to figure out what to do. Only, I knew what had to be done. 

"I promised Harvey that I would fix this." She says softly. "Sabrina. You still can." I tell her. She looks at me, knowing what I'm about to say. "I know. I know. I just don't know if I can do it. If I tell Harvey about what we are..." She trails off and starts to cry again.

"Sabrina Spellman. That boy loves you more than anything else on this planet. He'll understand. And if he doesn't.... I'll make him." I say. She smiles weakly. I get up and offer my hand to her. She takes it and let's me pull her up. She starts walking in a direction that I hope leads to Harvey's house.

"You know. You're my best friend." She tells me. "Oh wow. What a surprise." I say laughing. She smiles at this and rolls her eyes. "No. Really. I don't think that I would be able to do any of this alone. I miss how things used to be. Back when we didn't care about magic. When we would go see movies, and drink milkshakes with our friends, and go to Baxter High." She says.

"Brina. We can still see movies and get milkshakes with our friends. I'm still here for you. Whenever you need me. I'll always be your best friend." I tell her, giving her a side hug. "It just sucks that I have to share you with Ambrose." She says with a chuckle. Ambrose. I sigh.

"Let's worry about him later." I say. Knowing full well that he has now noticed that I'm not home. He's probably pieced together that I'm helping Sabrina with something. Sabrina sighs too. "I'm so sorry if I ever caused problems between you two. You both deserve each other. I've never seen the two of you so happy other than when you're with each other." She admits as we exit the woods. Not too far away from us is Harvey's house. That's when I notice three figures standing by the house. 

"I'll let you go in there alone. I'll be right outside if you need anything." I tell her. She nods and walks into the house. I wait until I can't see her anymore before walking over to the three figures. I can't say that I'm fully surprised to see Dorcas, Prudence, and Nick standing there. I should have known that they would want to be a part of this.

"Fancy seeing you here." I tell them as I approach. Nick laughs but Prudence and Dorcas look absolutely pissed. Dorcas looks down at her foot and that's when I see the blood. She and Prudence are quite literally rooted to the spot. Nick must have used a spell to keep their feet stuck. Since there are literal spikes through them.

"She better be in there to take care of the mortal." Prudence hisses. "Don't worry. She is." I say with a sigh. An awkward silence follows. "How is Agatha doing?" I ask. "Don't pretend to care about our sister-" "Prudence stop. Freya actually cares." Dorcas says defending me. Which I'm surprised by.

"You may not like her, but Freya is my friend. Agatha's too. She's just trying to help." She tells her sister. Prudence huffs but doesn't say anything else. "She's dying." Nick says after a beat or so. "So I've heard. I'm so sorry. Sabrina is going to fix this." I tell the three of them. Nick nods but Dorcas and Prudence look doubtful. Another awkward silence.

"So you and Ambrose?" Nick asks. I sigh and look up at the sky. "How did I know that you were going to bring that up?" I ask avoiding all eye contact. "I mean, we did find you in the High Priest's office basically having-" "Yup. Yup. I remember. I was there." I say cutting off Nick.

"So you two are...." Prudence asks trailing off. I nod. "Yeah. We're together. Completely monogamous." I point out. I'm still haunted by the images of the orgy party in his room. And all three of them were involved. Gross.

"I hope you're happy." Dorcas says with a small smile. I silently thank her. We all look up when a door slams shut. Out of the Kinkle house comes Sabrina. The tears are pouring fast and hard. My heart just shatters for her. I know that whatever happened must not have been easy.

"Is it done then?" Prudence asks her as she gets closer. Sabrina opens her mouth to answer, but is cut off by the sound of a gun shot from within the house. Everyone goes silent, realizing that the Tommy's dead. Again. But for real this time. Sabrina starts sobbing to the point where I don't think she can walk so I run over to her and support her.

"Let's get you home." I whisper to her. She nods and we begin walking towards the street. I see Nick pull the spikes from Prudence and Dorcas's feet. They start to follow us, but I just shake my head. They get the message and wonder off into the woods.

"It's over Freya. I think Harvey and I are done." Sabrina says after letting out some truly pitiful sobs. We were so close to getting home, but I guess this conversation can start now. "Shhhh. Don't say that. Come on. We are so close." I say to her. "I'm sure everything will be fine. Sabrina we have to keep walking." I tell her as we get to the driveway. I can see the Aunties and Ambrose on the porch. We are about to get to the stairs when Sabrina's legs give out and the two of us go crashing to the ground. 

Ambrose and the Aunties come running down the stairs to help. Aunt Zelda quickly drops to her knees and pulls Sabrina to her. Zelda hushes her gently while Aunt Hilda rubs Sabrina's back. As I watch them hold her, and as I hear Sabrina's wails, I feel myself start to cry a little. Never in my life have I seen someone so broken. 

"Frey..." Ambrose says appearing next to me. He squats down next to me and I throw my arms around his neck, almost knocking him over. He quickly regains balance and helps me to my feet. My arms still around his neck, trying not to cry. He guides me up the front stairs and into the front room. He takes one look at my dirty ripped shirt and motions for me to put my arms up.

So I do. He very gently pulls my shirt over my head before taking off his own and offering it to me. When I put it on, I'm instantly comforted. It's warm and smells like him. He grabs one of his robes from a hook and puts it on. He places a kiss on my forehead before taking my hand.

"I'm assuming that you guys took care of things?" He asks. I nod. "Sabrina did. I think Harvey broke up with her because of it." I say sadly. He sighs and pulls me in for another hug. "As much as I'd love to be selfish and keep you with me tonight. I think she needs you." He says into my hair. The door creaks open and Aunt Zelda and Hilda help Sabrina into the house. 

"I'll go get some tea going." Aunt Hilda says scurrying into the kitchen. Aunt Zelda looks to me for help. I walk over and grab Sabrina's free arm. Together, we manage to get her up the stairs. When we get to Sabrina's room, she launches herself onto her bed and sobs take over her body once again. Aunt Zelda finds her a set of pajamas to change into, kisses Sabrina's forehead and exits the room. 

After a ton of convincing. And I mean a ton. I finally get Sabrina to get changed into the clean clothes Aunt Zelda left us. After she gets changed, she goes right back to crying in a ball on her bed. I know that there is no use in trying to talk to her. I doubt she could carry a conversation, let alone get a few words out. So I just cuddle up to her and rub her back while she cries.

"Coming in." Ambrose calls from outside the door. He pushes it open with his foot as he tries not to spill any of the tea that Aunt Hilda probably sent up. He places it at her bedside table before looking down at us. Must be a pathetic sight to see your girlfriend trying to comfort your cousin after a brutal night. He sighs and leans down to Sabrina.

"Everything will be alright cousin. You did the right thing. I'm proud of you." He says. She obviously doesn't respond. He sighs and ruffles her hair. He leans over and gives me a quick peck on the cheek before walking to the door. 

"Goodnight ladies. I love you girls with my whole heart." He says closing the door. My heart stops for a second. Love? I mean, surly, he's saying that to comfort Sabrina. Like he wouldn't say 'I love you cousin and I like my girlfriend.' right? 

I'm quickly pulled out of my thoughts when Sabrina starts to shake. I shhh her and rub her back until she falls asleep. And that's where I spend the night, spooning my best friend.