Visions

Freya

"Ambrose Spellman, what did that woman tell you?" I ask when we finally make it back to our room. I strip off the wet jacket and watch as Ambrose sits on the bed staring at the card in his hands. I sigh and sit next to him, taking his hands into mine. 

"Tell me what's wrong." I say. He takes a deep breath before starting. "It started off nice. The Lover's card." I smile at this, knowing I got that one too. "She said the most delightful things about us that she couldn't have known. Next came the Devil and I swear I blacked out Freya. Next thing I know I start having this vision that was so life like. I was standing in Father Blackwood's office and he invited me to this secret Warlock brotherhood. I think it was called the Judas Society?" He says pausing to think. I rub his arm in support.

"I accepted the offer and Blackwood warned me that if I didn't complete his tasks, that the Dark Lord would punish us, all of us. Both the Dark Lord and Blackwood demanded loyalty. I thought nothing of it. At least not until I was tasked. Blackwood told me that I would be helping him by eliminating loose ends in the Church of Night. He made me make this metal spike. I thought it was for some kind of wand or or or ritual of some kind. But it was far worse." He says as he turns to look me in the eyes. 

"It's okay Ambrose. You can tell me what happened next." He sighs. "I was tasked with eliminating the Spellman women and anyone else that got in my way. I was terrified, but it was like I was under some type of spell. I took the spike and came back home. I crept into the Aunties room. And there was Aunt Zelda... asleep. And I....." He chokes up for a moment. "And then Aunt Hilda came in and saw her so I had to kill her too." Tears start rolling down his cheeks. My heart starts to break. 

"Next I crept into Sabrina's room. Only she was awake. She started to scream but I-" He takes a second to compose himself. "But it was all over. I thought I was done. Until I heard footsteps coming my way. I guess you must have heard the scream, because then you were at the door." He says. He grabs onto my hands and squeezes. I want to say something to comfort him but I'm at a loss for words. 

"And you saw me standing there. Covered in my family's blood. And the look in your eyes was just pure fear. My legs just walked towards you. I couldn't control anything about myself. The look on your face is too painful to describe. I managed to get you into  corner and then.... and then..." I feel a tear roll down my cheek. "And then?" I ask. 

"And then I snapped out of it. When I asked the woman about what happened to you...she handed me this." Ambrose says holding out the Death card. I nod slowly and wipe my eyes. "Good thing it was only a vision." I say. He shakes his head.

"It felt so life like. I could never hurt you. I would never. But for some reason, I just couldn't control myself. It was as if I was possessed. You know that I would never cause you harm? Right?" He asks as his voice wavers. "Of course." I grab his shoulders and lean him back so I can cuddle up next to him on our bed. 

"Please tell me that your cards told a slightly uplifting story." Ambrose asks after a moment of silence. I laugh. "I wish I could. Mine started off the same as yours. Happy. But then it started to get dark. I was told that danger and evil is lurking closer than I realize. Just a bunch of hocus pocus. The only thing that really got to me was that she knew that I had received a warning from my mom." I explain. Ambrose hums in response and pulls me closer.

"I love you more than life itself Freya. I mean that." He whispers against the top of my head. "I believe you. I love you so much Ambrose." I tell him as I look up to kiss the underside of his jaw. He starts to relax and I feel the tension leave his muscles.

"If only we could stay like this forever. Away from the Church of Night. Away from Academy." He says softly. "Ambrose we have forever to do whatever we want. And you bet your sweet sweet ass I'm spending every second of that forever with you." I tease. He smirks. "I do have a sweet ass." He replies cheekily. I gently hit his shoulder. I'm about to lean in for a kiss when there is a knock on the door. 

"Come in." Ambrose calls as he sits up, pulling me up with him. Aunt Zelda opens the door and steps in. "Ambrose. If I were you, I would get dressed. At once." She says. I raise and eyebrow and Ambrose slowly rises from our bed. "Why, is there a problem?" He asks. Aunt Zelda smirks. 

"No. No problem at all. Father Blackwood has requested a meeting with you at once. That's all." She says before she turns and walks out the door, slamming it shut. Ambrose turns to look at me and I can already tell what he's thinking because I'm thinking it too, tonight we pray to Satan that that vision was just that, a vision.