What the Heaven Happened

You didn't think that was the end, did you?

Sabrina's POV

Let's just say that my quest for Judas's silver pieces didn't exactly go as planned. I had them. I had found them. The challenge was mine to win, until Caliban tricked me and trapped me in stone in Hell. What an asshole.

How did I get out of Caliban's little trap? I set myself free. As in I woke up to another version of myself setting me free. Yeah. You read that right. A future version of myself set me free on the conditions that I:

A. Collect the unholy regalia 

B. Complete the time loop

Instead of asking questions, I decide to figure everything out for myself. Hell has been completely and utterly destroyed. I had to climb over rubble and skeletons just to get to the throne room. Lucky for me, the regalia remained intact. 

I quickly grab Herod's crown, Pilot's bowl, and Judas's silver before spiriting myself home. When the flames die down I'm greeted by a rather confusing sight. Everything is abandoned and overgrown. It almost looks as if some sort of apocalypses came through and everyone fled. For all I know, that's exactly what happened. But I've only been gone for a couple of hours?

After cutting through some of the vines, I'm able to pull open the door to the mortuary and make my way inside. The staircase is covered in greenery and the floor has a thick layer of dirt on the ground.

"Hello?" I call out. No one answers. Strange. I make my way to the kitchen and find it in the same state as everything else. "What the heaven is going on here?" I ask out loud. I walk my way back to the parlor and begin searching for any clues. At the front entrance there's a skeleton. I pray this isn't anyone I know. 

Who was here when I left? Who did I send to protect Aunt Zelda.... AUNT ZELDA. I run off to the basement door and quickly climb down the stairs. Laying in the middle of the autopsy table is another skeleton. Only this one has a knife jammed in it's ribcage. Attached to the knife is a small shred of fabric. Fabric that came from Aunt Zelda's clothing. This can't be.

I quickly run up the stairs and towards the front door. Almost stumbling on two additional skeletons. No. No. No. This can't be. I make my way to the cemetery and the Cain pit. It looks untouched and unmoved. Aunt Hilda never woke up.

"Aunties I'm so sorry." I cry out as I kneel next to the pit. "I wasn't there for you when you needed me most. I'm so sorry." I can't believe how shitty of a niece I was. How I always defied them and stressed them out. They died thanks to me. I pick my head up and look around.

"There's got to be someone out there." I run back into the house and grab my old back pack from when I attended Baxter High. I quickly empty it out and start stocking it with things I think I might need. The Unholy Regalia. Some spell supplies. You know, the important stuff.

I make my way across town and end everything looks abandoned. Everything. There isn't a single soul in sight. Not at Baxter High, not at Dr. C's, not even at the movies. Where could everyone have gone? As a last resort I make my way even further downtown, and that's when I see it.

A tall tree growing into the sky. Right in the center of the carnival. I'm such an idiot. I should've started here. The tree, or Green Man, as they called him, is actually terrifying for a plant. As I get closer I notice that there is a thick layer of blood covering the roots. And it looks fresh. Shit. I guess I'm not alone after all.

I hear footsteps approaching so I quickly take cover behind one of the nearby rides. I watch as two zombie looking boys walk over and dump fresh blood onto the roots. It isn't until they turn around that I see that their eyes have been gauged out and replaced with.....sunflowers?

I watch carefully as they limp away. Maybe I should try to follow them to see what the source of the blood is. I'm about to move after them when a hand clamps down over my mouuth and pulls me back. My instincts kick in and I trash around until I get out of the hands of my attacker.

"Ambrose?!" "Sh! Don't say a word. Come with me." Ambrose warns. He grabs my wrist and pulls me out of the carnival and into the woods. "I don't understand how has it been years since I left Greendale?" I ask. Ambrose looks over his shoulder to make sure no one is around beofre he answers.

"Decades, cousin." He corrects. That can't be right. "Time and suffering, no doubt, operate under different rules in the Ninth circle of Hell. Hardly matters now, it's done." He tells me. "But it matters to the rest of the coven and the mortals!" I counter.

"They're dead Sabrina. Everyone." He tells me. We exit the woods and come up to the mines. "The pagans won. The Earth is once more a garden of horrors. This is the only safe place left." Ambrose tells me as we enter the mines.

"And why the Kinkle mines?" I ask. "I managed to fortify the entrance using a binding spell to keep the pagans away." He explains as we descent into the mines. All along the walls are waters. Spells. Poems. Drawings. Drawings of the family, Greendale, lots of Freya.

"Is Freya here too?" I ask. Ambrose stops in his tracks which causes me to walk into the back of him. "When I said everyone. I mean everyone." He says sadly. I feel my eyes start to tear up again. First the Aunties, then Greendale, now my best friend?

"How have you survived all this time alone?" I ask. Trying to ignore the oncoming emotions. "I'm not going to lie, I went a bit mad for a while, a decade or two. But books have been my salvations. My drawings. They help me remember. I spent years drawing our family because I didn't want to forget how you all looked. I spent three years trying to remember Freya's nose structure alone. I've read and reread everything." Ambrose explains.

"Please tell me in your readings you came across something that could help us, some way for us to fix things." I say. "Fix things?" Ambrose asks. "Sabrina you missed the end of the world. Our Aunties are dead. The coven is dead. Freya is dead. She dies in my arms. She pushed me away from her with her last ounce of strength. So I'd abandon her. So I could get away. And why? All so I could grab Father Blackwood's time egg and hide it from him. I tried saving the twins. HE got to them too." Ambrose is crying now. I don't know what to do so I just watch him.

"Where were you?!" Ambrose yells. "You should've been with us. With your family." Ambrose yells. Now I'm getting angry. "You were the one who told me to stay and fight to win the Unholy Regalia." I snip at him. Ambrose looks down.

"Did you win at least?" He asks. Well no. "I got them, the three items, but what does it matter if that battle's over. If we already lost then there's no hope of-" I cut myself off and stare at the time egg in the corner of the cavern. 

"Wait a minute. That's how I did it! Ambrose can the egg's magic's be used to send someone backwards through time?" I ask. "Perhaps, but the level of magic energies required to do that-" "would be equal to those in the items of the Unholy Regalia?" I ask with a wicked smile. 

"That.....that could work."