Chaotic Times

Freya

"Are you sure you can handle it?" Ambrose says with a smirk. I roll my eyes. "Can't be so bad." I tell him. He gives me a quick kiss on the cheek before pulling back the covers.

The covers on the bodies that is. Since we were down in the embalming room. Don't know what you all were thinking about. I tried to get Ambrose to spend the day with me in his room, but he said that he had to work on the miner's bodies. Me, being the annoying girlfriend I am, followed him down so I can bother him while he works. 

"You know, I've never had someone this cute down here with me before." He says with a wink. "Such a smooth talker." I say hoping up on his desk. I was still in his t shirt and a pair of shorts from the night before, so the cold shocked me. I shake this off and watch Ambrose suit up, ready for an autopsy. Blood and death still creep me out. For sure. But I guess that's just something that I have to get used to. I peel my eyes off of him and look over at the first body. 

I knew him. Not well enough to know his name, but I had seen him around town before. I think he graduated two years ago, but I always see him, his wife, and their baby in Dr. C's for dinner or a drink. Fuck. His poor wife. Poor baby. I know what it's like to grow up without a father, it hurts more than you could ever imagine. I want to look away from the body, but I'm just intrigued. I scan his injuries and try not to think about how he got them. Until I spot one odd looking injury.

"Ambrose? What the heaven is that?" I ask hoping off his desk. "What is what, love?" He asks putting on gloves. "This." I say pointing to a rather odd cut. Only it doesn't look like a cut. It looks like a bite mark. Ambrose leans over the table to see what I'm pointing at. His eyes widen and he pushes off the table and runs to the stairs.

"Aunties! Sabrina! Embalming room. Now!" He yells. I hear movement upstairs, but they all take their time coming down the stairs. It's not like the bodies would run away or anything like that. At least I fucking hope not.

"What's all the fuss about? Always so dramatic." Aunt Hilda says under her breath as she comes down the stairs. Aunt Zelda and Sabrina are close behind. "Seriously Ambrose, what's the issue, I have more pressing matters at hand. Oh, and good morning Freya darling." Zelda says smoking.

"That wound. And that one." Ambrose says pointing to another body. "Are bite marks. These teeth, they're...." He trails off. "Human." Sabrina says in shock. "Yep. Just taking a guess, I think, that's why Tommy hasn't eaten." Ambrose says softly.

"He isn't hungry." I tell them. "Yet." Ambrose adds. "Harvey.... he could be in danger." Sabrina says turning to the stairs. Aunt Zelda grabs her shoulders, causing her to stop in her tracks. "Don't you dare move Sabrina." She scolds. Sabrina gulps and looks up at her.

"Father Blackwood knows of the mess you've created. I had to beg him to let us clean up our own mess. We need to fix this. Agatha is going to die. Soon." She explains. "Is she worse?" I ask. Zelda looks at me and nods sadly. 

"Sabrina. Since this is your mess. I suggest you handle it. Now." Aunt Zelda says before climbing the stairs. Aunt Hilda quickly follows after. Sabrina just stares at the floor. "Brina?" I ask stepping closer to her.

"I have to kill him. I have to kill my boyfriend's brother." She says sadly. I rush over and wrap her in my arms. "Don't say that Brina." I whisper into her hair. She pushes me back gently. "No! It's true. I gave Harvey Tommy back and now I have to take him away." She basically yells.

"Sabrina.... we never truly brought him back." I tell her as calmly as I can. "No. No. There's still time. I can still bring him back." She says heading for the stairs. I glance over my shoulder at Ambrose before running up the stairs after her. I follow her through the house all the way to her room, where she starts to gather her belongings.