So Sick of Demons

Freya

I'm leaning against the lockers while Sabrina and Harvey argue. He's accusing her of not believing him. She's telling him demons don't exist. Even though they most certainly do. Honestly, I'm not paying that much attention. My mind is elsewhere. Couldn't tell you where, but it's not in Baxter High, and it's certainly not in Greendale.

"Miss Hale." A voice says catching me off guard. I snap back into reality and see Miss Wardwell. If this was any other day, I would worry that she was coming to talk about grades, or give me a detention. But this was before I knew that we were both witches.

"I'm not talking to you without Sabrina. She told me everything." I whisper yell. She sighs and grabs my upper arm. "Miss Hale- Freya, please. Why don't we get Sabrina and have a talk in my office." I tear my arm away from her. "I'm pretty sure that's the last thing that she wants to do. And don't touch me again. You're still a teacher and I will report you for laying a hand on me." I threaten before walking towards Sabrina. She and Harvey have simmered down. I grab her arm and drag her through the hallway.

----------------------------------------------------

Freya

"Do you think it's true?" I ask her taking a bite from my apple as we walk home. "What else could it be? Harvey is convinced that he saw the same thing Jesse did AND all three of our friends got visited by him in the same night? These things just aren't normal." She says. I can feel how stressed she is. I would be too if I found out that my boyfriend was attacked by someone who was possessed.

"Aunties! We have a big problem!" Sabrina yells walking into the house. I'm instantly overwhelmed by the scent of lemons and notice that the kitchen is FULL of them. Aunt Hilda must be making enough for an entire army. "How was school loves?" Hilda asks us when she looks up from chopping lemons. 

"Fine, but Susie's Uncle Jesse has been possessed by a demon." Sabrina explains. I lean against the counter and take another bite of my apple. "Oh? How do you know that, love?" Aunt Hilda asks with a smile. Why is talk of demons and possession so normal around here? "Oh, only all my friends." Sabrina scoffs. "When we were at the academy, or while we were dealing with Batibat, Uncle Jesse attacked Harvey. They had to retrain him." Sabrina tells the Aunts with a flair of drama might I add. 

"Sabrina, cases of actual demonic possession are extremely rare, despite what the False God and his propaganda machine would have you believe." Zelda says not even looking up from the paper she's reading. "Have they called a doctor yet?" Hilda asks. "They need to rule out every other possibility. Like epilepsy, or schizophrenia, tourette's....." She adds. 

"Aunties, our mortal friends are talking about demons. What if they start talking about witches next?" Sabrina asks obviously trying to get a reaction. "The entire coven could be exposed." She adds with a smile. "Who is talking about witches? Give me their names and I'll make sure they stop talking about anything." Zelda says putting her paper down. 

"Hahaha! No one. She's just kidding." I say pushing Sabrina out of the kitchen before she gets any one in trouble. I toss my apple core into a bucket for composting and push Sabrina up the stairs. "Freya, this is serious-" "Shut up. We'll talk when we get to Ambrose's room."

"Ambrose?" I call as I knock on his door. I hear movement and then his footsteps come rushing to the door. "Freya..... and Sabrina!" He says when his eyes reach us. "Can we come in? We have a major problem." I say. He nods and opens the door wider to let us in. I motion to Sabrina and her mouth just goes on and on and on. Explaining every single detail that our friends told us.

"Demonic possession? I have loads of books on the subject." He says when she finally stops. "Can you pull them for us?" I ask. He flashes me a smile. "And stand guard over my body?" Sabrina asks. "Whoa what? What the fuck are you doing?" I ask her. "Astral projecting into Jesse's room." She tells me. "Will you do it?" She asks Ambrose. He laughs. "Is that the soundest of plans?" He asks her. He crosses his arm and begins his older cousin lecture.

"The astral plane is treacherous. And the psychopomps-" "Oh I won't be projecting long enough for the psychopomps to gather, and I need to see Jesse for myself. I can't very well just walk into his room. This is the only way." Sabrina pleads like a child. Ambrose rubs his chin and sighs. "Plus if this is possessed, maybe I can find out who the demon is, or what it wants." She finishes. 

"Having a name is always helpful." Ambrose says after a minute. I glare at him. I, in no way, support this idea. Astral projecting is dangerous. After meeting with Ambrose at Dr. C's, I did research on it and learned about what it is and how scary it can be. "Besides, this will be good practice for when I go up against the Dark Lord." Sabrina says. "You're serious about this Brina?" I ask. She nods her head. "As serious as I've ever been about anything." 

"In my astral form, I'll be safe. I won't have a body for the demon to hurt or enter. Ambrose, please. If Jesse Putnam is possessed, he's a soul in torment, imprisoned by demonic forces." Sabrina says still trying to convince Ambrose. "He's not the only one." Ambrose snaps at her. "I'm imprisoned too don't forget that." He says sitting down on his bed. My heart breaks for him. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't go outside. Being stuck in a house for 75 years? That must be hell. 

"Jesse's possessed, you're under house arrest. That's not the same thing." Sabrina says rolling her eyes. I smack her arm and she glares at me. "True. His ordeal will be much shorter than mine." Ambrose shoots back at her. Sabrina sighs and starts for the door. 

"If you insist on projecting...." Ambrose starts. "You do so at your own peril. Don't expect help from me. And don't go dragging Freya into this." He says. Sabrina huffs one more time before heading out the door. I pause in the door frame.

"Ambrose?" "Mhm." "I'm so sorry. If I could help you I would. In a heartbeat." He looks up at me with sad eyes. "I know you would. I know." I give him one last small smile and then rush after Sabrina to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid.