Good Tidings

Freya

I woke up the next morning turned away from Ambrose. Guess I'm subconsciously still mad at him. I roll over the wake him up to give a proper apology, but he isn't there. I sigh and fall back into the bed. Probably got sick of seeing me. Also, why does this man put his bed directly below a window. It is absolutely blinding this time in the morning. 

"Good morning." Ambrose calls from the door. I prop myself up on my arms and look towards the door. There he is, standing in the doorway with a tray. "Good Morning." I say while yawning. He walks over to the bed and sets down the tray. Tea and toast. 

"Figured I'd do for you what you always do for me." He says not looking at me. "Thanks." I mumble as I reach for the warm tea. "I was worried that you were going to leave in the middle of the night." He admits as he sits down next to me. I shrug my shoulders. 

"Guess I just couldn't do it." I say taking a sip. "I'm sorry about last night. I was just so worried about you. I honestly don't know what I would do if something were to happen to you." He says. I lean over and give him a quick peck on the cheek.

"I'm sorry too. I didn't think the whole thing through. I saw how upset Sabrina and Harvey were. I just hate seeing the ones I love upset." "I know. I know darling. That's what's so amazing about you. You put others before you in a way that is so admirable. I just want you to put yourself first sometimes." Ambrose says. 

"So can you forgive me?" I ask sheepishly. He chuckles. "Only if you can forgive me." He says. I pretend to think this over for a second before giving in. "Of course I forgive you." I tell him. He launches himself at me and tackles me down into the bed. 

"Be careful! If you spill my tea I'm taking my apology back." I joke. He peppers my face in kisses. "Oh please. You know you can't resist me forever." He jokes. I laugh and push him off me. He laughs and grabs me thinking that this is going to lead to a play fight, but when he grabs my wrist and sees my flinch, he instantly knows something is wrong. 

"Did I do this?" He asks looking at my wrist. The one he had accidentally hurt the night before when he was angry. It isn't too badly bruised, but you could see that something had happened. I pull my arm away from him. "It's nothing. I'm fine." I tell him. He gently takes my hand and looks at my wrist again. 

"This isn't nothing." He says. He gives my wrist a quick peck before getting up and rummaging through his stuff. "What the heaven are you doing?" I ask with a laugh as he starts moving around more frantically.

"Aha!" He says as he finds what he's looking for. A small white first aid kit. "You've got to be kidding me." I say. He comes over and plops down on the bed again. He opens the box and starts picking up gauze and band aids. 

"You know I don't need any of this... right?" I ask. "Shhhh. Let me do this. It will make me feel better." He says. I laugh as he clumsily starts wrapping my wrist. It's messy and poorly done. If I were to move, even just a little, it would come undone. I flinch and pretend like it hurts. Ambrose stops and searches my face for pain, but pushes me when he sees that I'm laughing at him. 

"You can be a little shit. You know that right?" He asks. I laugh at him and roll my eyes. "Don't play big tough guy now." I say poking his side. He jumps at my touch and moves away from me. "Ambrose Spellman. Are you ticklish?" I ask with a wicked grin. 

"This isn't funny Freya." He says as he tries to get away from me. "Oh I think this is hilarious." I say jabbing his side again. "You better stop." He warns while laughing. "Or else what?" I tease. Without a second thought, he pins my hands down on either side of my head. He leans down over me so that his lips are just out of reach.