Sneaking Off

Freya

After the whole ordeal with the weird sisters, I went to the phones. I mean I was panicking. I had just gotten myself into a rather sticky situation. I was just trying to be a good friend. I thought that maybe the sisters would see my efforts and give in since we were friends. Turns out... we are NOT friends. I couldn't call Parker or my mortal friends, they would have no idea what was going on. So I call the next best thing.

"Spellman's Sister Mortuary, how may I assist you?" That adorable English accent answers. "Ambrose." I say trying not to cry. It just hit me how much shit Sabrina and I were in. "Freya? What's wrong? Are you alright?" He asks, his voice full on concern. "I'm fine. for now." I tell him. "I'm scared Ambrose."

"Freya, I need you to tell me what's wrong. I'll send the Aunties over-" "No! You can't. That will make things a whole lot worse." I say thinking about how that will only fuel the fire for Prudence. Plus, the last thing I want is to be pulled out of school, not when I'm learning so much. "Freya-" "Sabrina is being harrowed. And I, like an idiot, volunteered myself to go with her so she doesn't have to face it alone. I don't know what harrowing means really, but I know that it gets worse each night." I tell him. There's silence for a second. "Ambrose?" "Can you sneak out for an hour?" He asks. "Uh... yeah I think so." "Meet me at Dr. Cerberus's. I'll meet you there in 10 minutes." Ambrose tells me.

"Wait. What? Ambrose you can't-" "I'll be there. I'll always be there for you Freya. Just meet me there, 1 o'clock. Be safe." And then the line clicks off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freya

I'm freaking out. I'm sneaking out of the Academy. To meet a boy. At a coffee shop. Even though he is under house arrest. Also, is this a date? No. It can't be. He simply wants to meet so we can discuss what is happening without the Aunties knowing. Either way, I still try to look my best.

 As I'm headed out the door, I find Sabrina and Nick sitting on the steps

As I'm headed out the door, I find Sabrina and Nick sitting on the steps. Sabrina looks up at me and smiles. "Hey Freya, where are you going?" She asks. "I need you to do me a favor. Both of you." I ask. "Anything for a pretty girl." Nick says with a smirk. "I'll be right back. I need you to cover for me. If anyone asks where I am, tell them I went to rest for a little bit." I say. She just nods. "Where ever you're going. Hurry back. Something tells me tonight is going to be extra hellish." She tells me.

The walk, well run, back into town didn't take me nearly as long as I thought it would. My heart was beating ridiculously fast when I approached Dr. C's. I couldn't tell if it was because of the running, or because I knew that Ambrose was inside. When I step inside, I notice him instantly which causes my heart to beat faster. He's curled up in a small booth by the window. I quickly make my way over to him and go in for a hug, which he dodges. My cheeks go red. How fucking stupid of me.

"I really wish I could Freya, but I can't." He apologizes. I brush it off and sit across from him. "Ambrose... how are you here?" I ask. "I'm not." He says looking out the window where a small sparrow has appeared. "Astral projecting? Ambrose that is so dangerous!" I scold. He gives me a small smile. "Now, tell me everything that has happened."

"The weird sisters, Prudence, Agatha, and Dorcas have been bullying Sabrina non stop. Last night, I caught them harrowing Sabrina. They locked her in the witches cell and left her there all night. I found her but I couldn't get the doors unlocked because they had enchanted it. I sat there with her all night. I could hear screams and voices. Eventually, Salem showed up and protected Sabrina. The weird sisters let her out the next morning. Sabrina and Prudence get into a fight-" "A fight?" Ambrose asks shocked. "Hush, let me finish. They get into a fight but Father Blackwood breaks it up and pulls Sabrina into his office. After she left, I confronted the weird sisters, thinking they were my friends, and told them that they might as well harrow me too because I wouldn't let Sabrina suffer alone. I didn't think they would actually agree." I explain.

Ambrose takes in all the information and thinks it over. "You know, for being so smart, you really are a dumb ass." He says seriously. "Shut up! This is serious! What do I do?" I ask. He sighs and looks out the window again. "I don't have much time left. Freya, listen to me, I'll start working on protection charms and spells, but you need to make it through another night. Can you do it?" He asks. I nod.

"Freya, please be careful. The weird sisters can be ruthless. Don't let them get to you. I need you to know that I really care about y-" And then he's gone.

I care about you too, Ambrose Spellman.