Bad Moon Rising

Freya

Even the strongest coffee in the world wouldn't wake me from the funk I was in this morning. Thankfully, Harvey was picking me up to bring me to school this morning. Sure, he had to drop off the pumpkins, but I don't think my body could handle the walk today. Harvey's red pickup pulled up to the house and he and Sabrina hopped out. Harvey went to the bed of the truck to start with the pumpkins but Brina just came over and hugged me.

"You okay? You look like hell." She says with a laugh. "Gee thanks Brina, you sure know how to make me feel good in the morning." She just smiles and hands me a travel mug. "Come on, Aunt Hilda made this for you. Figured it was a stressful time. Plus I told her how much you enjoy tea." "Thanks Brina." 

"All set." Harvey says setting down the last pumpkin. "Good Morning sleepy head." He says ruffling my hair. I swat his hands away and take the tea from Sabrina. The warmth instantly warms my cold hands. It was definitely one of the colder days in Greendale.

I pull the sleeves of my sweater down and walk over to the truck

I pull the sleeves of my sweater down and walk over to the truck. Hopefully I won't fall asleep. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As much as I wanted to, I didn't let myself fall asleep. Part of me thinks that it had something to do with the tea. It warmed up my insides and made me feel good. Well more like content. As we pulled into the parking lot, Roz and Susie came storming out of the front doors. Susie look upset. And hurt. I hopped out of the car and rushed up to them with Sabrina following.

"What happened now?" Sabrina asked frustrated. "I got suspended!" Susie yells. I grab her wrist and force her to look at me. "Suze.... are you okay?" I ask tracing a finger along the purple bruise forming around her eye. She just pulls away from me and keeps walking. "I'm supposed to take Susie home and then come right back." Roz explains trying to keep up with Susie. 

"Suspended for what? It's not even first period?" Sabrina asks as we speed walk to keep up. "I got into a fight." Susie says not looking back. "With a bunch of ass wipes who were ripping our WICCA posters down." Roz explains angrily. "Those football players? Were they the same ones as before?" I ask remembering how they have always taunted Susie. Only they had never laid a hand on her before. 

"Wait- You got into a fight with football players? How many?" Harvey asks joining the conversation. "Five of them" Susie says as the tears fall. "That's it, we're going to the police." I say. No one touches my friends. "Susie we have to press chargers, this is physical assault-" "Yeah but I started the fight." Susie cuts me off. 

"Susie, I swear to you this will never happen again, but you need to tell me this time." Sabrina says grabbing Susie's shoulder and turning her to face her."What are their names?" Susie hesitates. But then spills.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know our town doesn't have much money, but the chairs in this place need to be fucking replaced. As if they aren't already making us miserable, they have to make our asses numb too? Anyway that's all I can focus on as Sabrina rambles to Miss Wardwell. Every now and then I'll add something to to conversation but Sabrina is so mad that I just let her rant. 

"We'll go sit down together with Principal Hawthorne next week when he gets back-" "We may not be here next week." Sabrina spills. I sit up in my chair realizing that it's true. Sabrina and I may not be coming back and I hadn't even thought of that yet. 

"Oh?" Miss Wardwell asks with new curiosity. "Have you girls decided that you're leaving us?" She asks. "It's looking that way." I say. "But not if we can't get this sorted out. I can't leave my friends in trouble." Sabrina pleads. I agree. There is no way in hell I'm leaving Susie behind to defend herself.  "Well the only way boys like these learn new behavior is to fight fire with hell fire." Wardwell explains with an emphasis on hell fire. I raise an eyebrow but don't worry about it. There's no way she could know. Right? 

"Well as an educator, I'm not allowed to say such things. But sometimes a little hell raising is precisely what's needed to move the needle." Wardwell explains. "Mind you, I wouldn't take them on alone. Five against two? No, I'd even the odds and enlist the baddest bitches you know to help." Sabrina looks over me and smirks. "I can think of three girls." She says. Oh hell yeah let's make some trouble.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So tell me again what we're doing?" I ask as I try to follow Sabrina into the woods without tripping over anything. "We need help. I know three witches that would be up to the task. But I need you to know that I don't trust them. And neither should you." Sabrina explains. "Um... okay. But how are we going to find them here?" I ask. She reaches into her hand and pulls out some sticks wrapped in rope. "We summon them." 

Since I have no clue how to work my powers, I go and lean against a near tree. I don't want to affect Sabrina's spell. Besides, if these girls aren't to be trusted, I want my back covered. Sabrina starts reciting Shakespeare. I'm pretty sure it's from Macbeth. We read that last year. It's the first passage in the book where the three 'weird sister' witches are summoned. The wind picks up for a second and then instantly dies down. 

"Hello, half breed." Suddenly there are three girls standing by Sabrina. One girl with beautiful dark skin and short blondish hair. Another with two long, black braids. And another, that strangely looks like me. She looks me up and down and smiles? Maybe smile isn't the right word. "And how are we feeling today." The one in the middle asks. 

"Do you mean because of your curse?" Sabrina asks warily. Curse? What curse? "Isn't that why you summoned us?" The one with braids asks. "So we might remove it?" The red head asks. "We will happily do so, as soon as you pledge that you won't be going to the academy." The one in the middle hisses. Oh great. They finish each other's sentences. 

"My Aunt Hilda's taken care of your curse with a reversing spell, but we still might be able to strike a deal." Sabrina says walking towards them. She motions to me and I walk over to her and stand by her side. "There are five mortal boys that need to be taught a lesson. Freya and I can't take them on alone. Help me teach them, and I'll stay right where I am at Baxter High." Sabrina explains. 

"Are they handsome at least?" The one in the middle asks with a smile. "We will back you and your witch friend up half-breed. But they are your enemies. You'll have to do most of the work. And besides..... You can't go looking like that." She says with a smirk.