Eye of The Storm

Freya

"Your family is on their way, right?" Ambrose asks as I run down the stairs. "They better be. Or else I'm hunting them down." I say with a huff. The Spellman's spell that conjured a tornado sure worked. You can hear the wind whipping around through the trees from within the house.

"Come on. Here." Ambrose says draping one of his jackets around my shoulders. "We are in the middle of a storm after all." He says before placing a kiss on my forehead.

I fumble with the little protection charm in my pocket while we wait for the Aunties

I fumble with the little protection charm in my pocket while we wait for the Aunties. When Aunt Zelda goes to open the front door, it blows open with such force that it slams into the wall. Probably leaving a dent. Aunt Hilda looks panicked but Aunt Zelda has a wicked smile on her face.

I've never been so nervous in my life. Not even as nervous as when Parker told me she was pregnant. Not when I found out I was a witch. Not even during my baptism. Ambrose must have sensed how uneasy I was because he reached over and took my hand in his, gently rubbing my knuckles with his thumb. 

----------------------------------------------------

Freya

Baxter High was filled to the brim with everyone in Greendale. Miss Wardwell and Principal Hawthorne guided people to the basement while the Spellman's and I hid in a nearby classroom, waiting for everyone to settle in. I kept staring out the window, hoping to see Parker and everyone else rush in. Only I never saw them.

"I haven't seen Harvey, Roz, or Susie!" Sabrina says with a sign. Midnight was drawing closer and closer. The front doors to the school would be locked soon. "I haven't seen my family either." I say with a sigh. 

"Freya, your family is downstairs." Miss Wardwell says coming into the classroom. I feel a huge wave of relief flood over me. At least they were safe. "However, there is no sign of Mr. Kinkle, Miss. Walker, or Miss Putnam." She tells Sabrina. Sabrina turns to grab for the doorknob to leave but Miss Wardwell puts her hand on the door, not letting it open.

"It's too dangerous Sabrina. You can't leave now." Wardwell warns. "I need to save my friends!" Sabrina cries out in frustration. "Satan help them." Aunt Zelda says under her breath as she takes a drag of her cigarette. Miss Wardwell glares at her to say that this is a school and that she can't smoke in here, but Aunt Zelda doesn't notice. 

"Are the phones still working?" I ask. "I believe so. The wind hasn't knocked down any power lines-" "Perfect." I say cutting off Miss Wardwell. I grab Sabrina's hand and pull her to the door. This time, no one stops us from leaving the room.

"What the heaven do you have in mind?" Sabrina whisper yells as people still flood by. "To call that oh so handsome friend of yours that you have wrapped around your finger." I tell her. "Nick?" "Of course Nick. Who else is going to help our friends for us?" I say with a smirk. She gladly returns it and we rush down the hall.

I swear that Sabrina only had to say please and that boy agreed to go help Harvey. Told you that she had him wrapped around her little finger. However, while she talked to Nick, I happened to overhear him tell her about the academy. That everyone was there except for us. And how Father Blackwood, Lady Blackwood, and Luke were angry. Why the heaven would they be angry? We've made our choice. Hopefully it's the right one.

By the time we return to rest of our group, all of the mortals have settles down in the basement of Baxter High. The rest of the Spellman's and Miss Wardwell stand in a semi circle around the Baxter seal on the floor. They look to Sabrina and I and hold out their hands, waiting for us to complete the circle. Fuck. Okay. Here we go. I take Aunt Hilda and Ambrose's hands in mine while I say a silent prayer to the Dark Lord.

Ambrose gives my hand a small squeeze before Aunt Zelda reminds us of the chant. The clock strikes midnight and we begin the protection spell. Thankfully there was no one around to question us, because six people chanting in latin with their heads hung low would have been real damn hard to explain. 

It was working. It had to have been. Together we were unstoppable. I mean, we were some of the most powerful witches in Greendale. I'd just like to see those original 13 try to stop us. Well I guess I spoke too soon because the doors to the school start rattling and a small chill fills the air. I panic and look over to Ambrose who also seems a little frightened. We make eye contact for a second and he squeezes my hand once more, as if he's trying to tell me to stay focused. I nod and go to squeeze his hand, but then the unthinkable happens.....

"Ambrose!" I scream as he disappears right before me eyes. Sabrina, who was on his other side, quickly grabs my hand and closes the circle, keeping the spell intact. "Where did he go?! Where did Ambrose go!?" I yell as I try not to go hysterical. 

"Focus Freya! He was summoned. Probably by someone at the academy. We can still keep the 13 at bay with the 5 of us." Aunt Zelda explains. Who the fuck would take Ambrose away from- Luke. That little snake. I knew he had a thing for Ambrose, but I didn't think he would go this far. We needed him. I need him. 

"The spell is working, isn't it?" Sabrina asks as the doors get louder and the chill increases. "As long as we remain focus than-" And just like that Aunt Zelda is gone too. I let out a half yell half groan. Miss Wardwell and Aunt Hilda join hands, closing the circle once more. 

"We can hold the spell with four! We just all have to pick up the slack! No one else better disappear." Aunt Hilda cries out. "The witches are getting stronger out there, I can sense it!" Miss Wardwell says. 

"I can sense it too. I don't think I can hold out much longer." Aunt Hilda says with a sigh. "Sabrina, if we can't maintain the spell, the 13 will throw open every door and window. The mortals will be unprotected with the Red Angel arrives, and there will be no escaping his sword." Miss Wardwell explains. 

"The time for defense is over." She says letting go of Sabrina and Aunt Hilda's hands, leaving the three of us to carry the spell. "It's time to go on the offensive." "How would we even do that?" Sabrina asks. I can see the fear in her eyes. "I have an idea, but it would leave Freya and your Aunt to hold down the fort alone for a little bit." Wardwell explains. Sabrina suddenly lets go and I feel the pressure build.

"We are running out of time!" Miss Wardwell says as she begins to guide Sabrina down the hall. Sabrina looks over at me and gives me a sorry glance. This plan of Miss Wardwell's better work, or else I'm going to kill Sabrina. Aunt Hilda takes my hand and we begin the chant once again, praying that we can hold the 13 for as long as they need.

"Freya!" Someone calls from down the hall. My heart instantly drops to my stomach. "Parker! Go back downstairs! It's not safe you you guys up here!" I cry out. I look on in horror as Parker and Mason run up to us with Winter. "You don't understand!" I yell.

Parker forces Aunt Hilda and my hands apart. She and Winter take their places in the circle with us. Mason stands in front of the door to the school and pulls out a gun, ready to shoot down anyone that comes in. 

"No Freya.... you don't understand. There's something we need to tell you."