Going Home Sweet Home

Freya

The next morning, I woke up feeling the most refreshed that I have felt in a really long time. I silently make a vow to myself to never go that long without sleep ever again. I get out of bed and stretch, today is the day that Sabrina and I get to go back to the Spellman house. I send a quick glance over to the weird sisters, who are also getting out of bed. Dorcas and Agatha give me a small, weak smile, and Prudence just glares and Sabrina, who is still asleep. I grab my clothes and head off to take a shower.

I take one last look in the mirror before brushing long red hair

I take one last look in the mirror before brushing long red hair. I keep it down to try to hide to rope burns I had gotten from the night before. Sabrina hands me my bag, and then we are off to go back home. Walking through the halls has certainly changed. When I got here two days ago, I was nervous. I didn't know where anything was and didn't know much magic. It's amazing what a person can learn in a couple of days. News travels fast around here, so people already knew about what had happened the night before. Instead of looking at us like fresh meat, they looked at us with respect.

That's the way I liked it. 

"Going home?" A small voice asks. "Quentin!" Sabrina cheers. "We are. What will you and the other children do now?" She asks. "Watch over the school. Make sure there are no more harrowings." He says with a smile. I smile back and reach out for a high five. He looks confused at first but then gets it. "Thank you Freya. Thank you Sabrina. For everything." 

"Who are you guys talking too?" Nick asks walking into the room. I turn to motion to Quentin, but he disappears. "Each other. Hello Nicholas." Sabrina says with a smile. "Hi. You guys survived your immersion." He jokes. "Barely." I mutter. Being in a room with Nick and Sabrina is like being in a room with Sabrina and Harvey. It's like I'm not really there. 

"Look, this has to be our little secret, okay?" He says handing her a small black book. "One of your dad's journals." He says with a smirk. "But you said-" "I said I couldn't sneak you into the library. I didn't say I couldn't sneak this out. Maybe it will help with the Acheron configuration." He says. Acheron what now? Sabrina and I have some catching up to do. "Thank you, Nicholas." Sabrina says with the most genuine smile that I have ever seen. I look at her and raise and eyebrow. Sis..... we are literally leaving to go see Harvey.

"Call me Nick."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Freya

Sabrina and I race up the stairs to the mortuary and throw open the doors. "Aunties! Ambrose! Freya and I are back!" Sabrina says throwing her bags down. The Aunties rush into the room and give us bone crushing hugs. Sabrina goes on to tell them about her classes and such while I just watch. 

"Praise Satan you're home. Maybe now the Aunties will give me a break." Ambrose says from the stairs. I turn and laugh. "Oh really? Have then been on you like they are usually on us?" I ask. "Besides being constantly scolded for astral projecting to see a pretty girl, it hasn't been so bad." He says with a wink. I roll my eyes and reach to grab my bags. Only Ambrose beats me to it. 

"I'll take it. You've had a rough couple of days. Besides, something is waiting for you in your room." He says. I thank him and rush up to my room hoping to see Parker or Winter. I throw open my door and am met with a rather confusing sight. Right there, in the middle of my bed, is a curled up sleeping fox. It's wrapped into the tiniest little ball. Its fur just slightly darker than my hair. I take a few steps into the room and accidentally startle the fox, causing it to wake up. 

It hops off my bed and starts rubbing itself against my legs like a cat would. I've been trained my whole life not to pet wild animals, but fuck the rules. I kneel down and take its face into my hands. "Hello beautiful." I say giving it lots of pets. It makes a high pitched noise and goes to lick my face. However, I've never heard a fox make a noise, so I jump back thinking its going to bite me.

"Relax. Familiars don't tend to bite their witches." Ambrose says walking in. He sets my bags on the edge of my bed. "Familiar?" I ask reaching to pet the fox again. "Yup. He showed up right when I woke up from astral projecting. He must have sensed that you were in danger." He tells me. I nod and continue focusing in on the fox. It is so beautiful and majestic. 

"I'm glad you're okay." Ambrose says breaking the silence. I stand up and take the protection charm out of my pocket. "All thanks to you." I tell him with a smile. "You still carry that with you?" He asks. I nod. "I've carried it with me ever since I got it." He stands and gives me a big hug. Its nice and warm and comforting and everything I want it to be. Only I jump when something warm rubs up against my legs. My fox had pushed itself between Ambrose's and my legs. Trying to push us apart. I laugh and reach down to pet him. 

"Freya...." Ambrose says with a voice full of concern. I look up at him. "What?" I ask. Apparently, when I leaned down, my hair must have moved because his fingers are now tracing the burns on my neck. "They did this to you?" He asks. I nod. "It was only for a few seconds, but yes. Noose and everything." I tell him. He brings me in for another hug, only this time the fox doesn't try to stop him. 

"I'll never let anyone hurt you ever again." He whispers into my hair. And I know he means it.