Chapter 5: Minato and the Sports Festival

Minato's POV

So this is what the two dorms are excited about, the Sports Festival.

Everyone is excited, except for one though.

Minato: So Hasuki, may I ask? Why is Romio, doesn't want to participate at the Sports Festival?

Hasuki: Actually, it happened a year ago.

Minato: A year ago?

Last year, during the 100 meter dash at the Sports Festival, that is the event that will decide who will be the victor.

Romio was one of the participants of the said event. What happened was, he had a false start as he went straight through the finish line.

Because of that, they restarted the race and Romio was already worn out. So, what happened was, he was so close to the goal but he got tired and then, yeah. Because of that, the Black Dogs lost the sports festival.

And now, the black dogs are determined to win.

I observed that the black dogs are running laps as Hasuki is the one leading the training.

Minato: So that is what happened. No wonder why I can hear rumors that Romio is a war criminal and he shouldn't bother to participate at the sports festival.

Hasuki: By the way Raiden, are you going to join the Festival?

Minato: Well, I guess I can't let this slip by. My family will be going to see me here at my first sports festival.

Romio: Oh right, it seems like everything is going to be your first.

Hasuki: But, isn't it strange?

Romio: What is it?

Hasuki: The Emperor of Touwa, huh?

Minato: Well, dad didn't came here as the emperor. He came here as a parent to support his child.

Romio: Like father, like son eh.

Minato: Yeah you could probably say that.

Hasuki: So about the festival, what event do you plan to join?

Minato: Hmmmm, let's see here. As far as I know the events are:
The 100m dash, the 400m relay, the cavalry battle, pole toppling event, the tug-o-war, athletic race and the cheerleading event.

Hasuki: Based from the teachers, they added a new event.

Minato: A new event huh?

Hasuki: They call it, "Take the crown."

Minato: Huh?

Hasuki: The rules are simple though. It's similar to the pole topple and the cavalry event. But this is where things are different. There will be like divisions from each dorm. There is the vanguard division, the assault division, the rear guard division and the crown.

Romio: Hmmmmm, it's like capture the flag.

Hasuki: Yep that's probably it. Here are the roles of the three divisions: the task of the vanguard division is to protect the front lines. While the assault division attacks and must get through the vanguards and the rear guard. Also the assault division has four sub groups.