Chapter 28: The School Festival Chronicles (Part 1)

Minato's POV.

So me, Romio and Persia are hanging out in the gardens and talking about what do we want to do for the school festival.

Romio: So Minato, do you have any plans at the school festival?

Minato: Why are you asking me that? It's going to be my first school festival.

Romio: O-oh yeah, right. I forgot. Anyways, Persia I heard that you'll be joining the School Festival Executive Committee.

Persia: Yep. The school festival is scheduled in October. They're currently recruiting members for the committee right now.

Minato: Now that you mentioned it, one of the Black Dogs recruited me in joining the committee.

Persia: Really? What did you say?

Minato: I told them that, I'll think about it.

Romio: Hmmm, I'm sure you just wanna laze around the festival.

Minato: You bet I am. After all, that will be the only time I can finally have a long rest.

Persia: Can't blame Raiden if he wants to chill during the school festival. After all, would've been working a lot on your paperworks these past few weeks.

Minato: How did you know?

Persia: Remember when Char told me that you refused her invitation to a date?

Minato: Oh yeah, right. Tell her that I'm sorry. I was really busy at that time. I can't even focus on class because of my workload.

Romio: You've been working yourself to the bone man. I mean, it's already the next day and you're still working. You barely even got rest.

Romio: Not to mention, you collapse in the dorm's rec room and luckily, Hasuki found you lying on the floor.

Minato: All the more reason for me not to join the school festival executive committee.

Persia: Char is actually, looking forward to spend the festival with you. She wants to make up for the past weeks.

I just looked down and I realized what Char might be feeling right now.

Minato: Yeah. It's my fault for making her lonely in the past few weeks. I even heard that she disguised herself as a black dog student just to see how am I doing but........

Persia: Whenever she visits with her disguise, you are nowhere to be found.

Romio: Man, just how cold could you get?

Minato: I'm not being cold. It's just, my work is consuming all of my time and energy.

Persia: I guess, you should pass those paperworks to someone else. It's affecting your school life.

Romio: I agree with her in this one. You maybe living an ordinary student life here but in reality, you're still living your life as the prince by doing those paperworks.

Romio: I bet even your parents wouldn't want that. You only volunteered because your dad's health but look, Emperor Makoto is already back in top shape.

Persia: Yeah. I guess you should give up your paperworks and just be free. You can't even barely spend your free time.

Minato: Yeah. I kinda self imposed this responsibility to myself.