Chapter 38: Minato, Romio, Julio, Shuna and the Imperial Palace (Part 2)

Minato's POV.

So we finally arrived at the kitchen and my mom told us the instructions of what we need to do.

Kazumi: Mii-kun, make sure to constantly watch the temperature of the meat and always check its consistency.

Kazumi: Julio-kun, be careful in slicing up the onions and garlic. Also, don't forget to wash your hands and the vegetables properly.

Julio: Yes, ma'am!

Kazumi: Okay, since it's winter, we're going to make some hot pot! I'll take care of making the tea while you two take care of the hot pot, is that good?

Minato: Yep! That's alright with me.

Then after 2 hours of cooking, we set up the kotatsu, prepared the table and yeah, all set for lunch.

Kazumi: Mii-kun, call your friends and your dad to the dining hall now. Me and Julio-kun will finish the preparations here.

Minato: Roger that.

I went to the gardens where Romio, Shuna, Izumi and Hoshi are hanging out.

Minato: Heeeeey, guuuuuuys! It's time for lunch.

Izumi: Okaaaaay!

Hoshi: We're coming!

Shuna: Ooooh! I'm so hungry.

Romio: What's for lunch Minato?

Minato: A hot pot. We also laid out the kotatsu.

Romio: Oh, wow!

Minato: Izumi, Hoshi, please lead Romio and Shuna-chan to the dining hall.

Izumi & Hoshi: Okay!

Then I went to the throne room to call dad for lunch.

Minato: Daaaaad! Lunch is ready!

Makoto: Oh, I see. Well, I just finished my work. Well, shall we?

Minato: Yeah.

Makoto: Did you call the others?

Makoto: Yeah.

Then I returned to the dining hall with dad and when we arrived, everything is in place.

Makoto: Well then, shall we?

Everyone: Yeah!

We all settled down in the kotatsu and just as in Touwan tradition, we clap our hands in a prayer position before we eat.

Everyone: Itadakimasu!

We all dig in the warm and delicious hot pot me and Julio cooked.

Izumi: Woooow! Nii-san, did you make this hot pot?

Minato: Me and Julio did.