Chapter 62: The Prefect Elections (Part 1)

Minato's POV. Election Day.

All highschool students from 1st up to the 3rd years are all gathered in the auditorium.

Currently the Servants and the Prefects are in the back stage setting up for the voting.

I was in charge of checking the sound system and inspection of the ballot boxes.

Minato: Okay, no anomalies in the ballot boxes. You can put them in.

Juliet calls to me.

Juliet: Raiden.

Minato: Oh, Persia. You already checked the counting machines?

Juliet: Yes.

Minato: Are there any malfunctions?

Teria: They're all good.

Minato: Oh yeah. Right, I also asked Teria since she knows about this stuff.

Teria: By the way, how did you gather these counting machines?

Minato: Well, the Head Prefects requested for the assistance of the Imperial Palace. Since I told them that the Palace is using them, they say it would be easier for them to count the votes.

Romio: Wow. I never thought that these boxes can also count votes.

Minato: I had Teria and some students who are expert in engineering and computing stuff to program these machines.

Teria: It even took us 16 tries for this y'know.

Romio: 16 tries!?

Minato: Trust me, it's harder than you think it is.

Romio: I wouldn't dare ask.

Minato: Thanks for the good work, Persia.

She nods to me and went back to join the white cat servants.

Romio: By the way were voting for the prefects today, right? How's the representatives selected.

Minato: Don't tell me, you forgot about it didn't you? Also, you guys already did this last year, how come you forgot about it.

Romio: My stomach is acting up that time y'know!

Kochou: Oh, yeah right. We forgot to explain it to Minato-kun.

Kochou and Hasuki showed up.

Minato: Well, I kinda arrived here when you guys are already elected.

Kochou: Anyways, here is the explanation. There are two steps of voting. First is the preliminary voting, where the students will decide if you are worthy to be a prefect.

Minato: I see........how about the second one?

Kochou: The second one is where the entire student body will choose who will be the head prefect in each dorm. After the voters decided that the candidates really have what it takes, this is where it all begins.