Chapter 23: Minato, Char and the Lantern Festival

Minato's POV.

Dahlia Town, a town in Dahlia island that has mixed culture from Touwa and the West.

This is the town that symbolizes my grandfather's dream for the both nations. This town also honors the friendship between the two countries.

In Dahlia Academy, the students are just allowed to visit Dahlia Town once every three months.

Man, I wish they should allow us to visit atleast weekly.

Me, Romio and Hasuki are walking among the busy streets of the town. The decorations, the festive atmosphere......I just remembered that today is the Autumn Festival.

Just as me and my friends are walking, I heard a very familiar voice calling out to me.

???: Your Highness!

Minato: Eh?

Then I turned around to see a middle aged man wearing the formal attire that all the servants from the Imperial Palace wears.

There is no mistaking it, it's Mr. Takebayashi.

Minato: Mr. Takebayashi!? What are you doing here?

Takebayashi: It seems like we meet again here in this island, Your Highness.

Romio: Um, Minato, may I ask but who is this guy?

Minato: Oh, right. I forgot to introduce him. He is Mr. Takebayashi. Our family driver.

Romio & Hasuki: A servant from the Imperial Palace!?

Romio: I-I'm Inuzuka Romio.

Hasuki: Komai Hasuki. Nice to meet you Takebayashi-san.

Takebayashi: Ahaha. No need to be so formal with me. I take it that you two are Prince Minato's friends?

Minato: Yep, they are.

Takebayashi: I see. I'm glad that you already made some friends at Dahlia Academy.

Minato: By the way Mr. Takebayashi, what are you doing here in Dahlia Island? 

Takebayashi: Oh, well you see......I'm visiting here at Dahlia Island during my day off.

Minato: Oh yeah, right I forgot about that.

Romio: May I ask but, do you know what is currently happening here?

Takebayashi: Oh, it's the Autumn Festival.

Romio: What's that?

Hasuki: It's a lantern.

Minato: Oh yeah right, I remember, back when I was five years old, our family would always fly lanterns into the night sky during the autumn festival.

Romio: Really? I didn't know.