Chapter 40: Char and the Imperial Palace

Minato's POV.

Char: So, Mii-chan. Where is this place that you're talking about?

Minato: You'll just wait and see.

After a few minutes of walking......we finally arrived at the place where I usually hang out. The Imperial Gardens.

Char marveled at the sight of the gardens, a variety of flowers, trees and many plants. Also, we have a Shiba Dog in the garden.

Minato: Haha, Raikou!

Raikou: Woof! Woof!

Char: So, the name of the dog is Raikou.

Minato: Yep.

Then Raikou licks my cheek.

Minato: Haha! I know, I know. You've been lonely at the gardens, right? Or wait, no. Izumi and Hoshi are always around your company.

Minato: I guess you really missed me huh?

Then Raikou wiggles his tail and then he runs off to the gardens.

Minato: Haha.

Char: I never imagined you to be good with animals.

Minato: I guess it just runs in the family I guess.

Char: So this is the very gardens you are talking about?

Minato: Yeah. Usually, this is where me and Grandpa would teach me everything about life and nature.

Char: I see.

Char: By the way, I just noticed that when I came here, it's already snowing.

Minato: Oh. Yeah, it's already winter. Well, the snow is just going to be thicker in the coming days.

Minato: Well, if you noticed. There are some flowers there that are blooming and there are some that are not.

Char: Yeah. I noticed that.

Minato: The flowers you saw blooming even in winter are what we call here as the winter flowers. They specifically bloom in a certain time period within winter.

Char: It really looks peaceful here doesn't it?

Minato: Yep, and that is why I love this place.

Char: Fufu. Now I know why my boyfriend is always hanging out in the gardens of Dahlia Academy.

Minato: So, where do you want to go next?

Char: I want to see..........your grandpa.

Minato: Oh. Then, follow me.

Then I lead her to the hall where we kept the memorials of the leaders of the Raiden Clan, the Hall of Memories.

Then I showed her the portrait of our founder.

Char: So, this is the legendary Founder of the Raiden Clan.

Minato: Yes. Within this hall, is kept the long, long history of our clan. From the Founding Era, to the Early Imperial Days of Touwa, the Imperial Revolution and the Reign of the Raidens to the Imperial Throne.