4

Where there is hope, there is hardship

"Can you be a little direct? It makes my head ache." Namjoon felt frustrated with everything that was happening now.

"If I'm direct, it'll hurt more. Be patient." Hyeri said making him whine a little.

"I want to know!" He tried to stop her by grabbing her arm.

"Please," Hyeri sighed giving in.

"Let's sit on that rock." She said and walked near it without giving him a chance to speak.

Once both of them were sitting, she gave out a sigh again.

"The reason why I say that you don't belong here is because unlike others, you were not sent here." She looked at his face which looked lost.

"You came here with your own will. You left heaven for hell."

"This is hell?" He asked now looking at the ground.

"No, there is no hell, only earth and alternate worlds."

"I asked you to be direct please." He was feeling anxious now, not sure what he was hoping to listen.

"There are 5 alternate universes excluding where actual humans live. And you're in one of them."

"How?"

"You left your world to come to this one."

"Why?"

"We'll never know that?"

There was silence for a while. Hyeri knew this silence was just on the surface. Namjoon was trying to remember but his head was hurting more than ever.

"Don't. Just trust me and my words. Don't think anything else." Hyeri said after a pause.

"Where have I come from?"

"From the world which humans call heaven. Where the sun is out all day long and there is positiveness everywhere." Hyeri said looking at the sky now.

"Where am I right now?" He asked fearing the answer. He already knew that the place wasn't somewhere good.

"Do you know purgatory?" Hyeri asked and he nodded.

"Well then it is a kind of purgatory. A universe where all the banned people from all the other universes live and relive their sins." Hyeri said with a tight smile.

Namjoon's throat felt dry and his head felt as if it does not exist. Hyeri felt uncomfortable at that moment.

She dreaded it, every part of it. She felt sorry for the boy.

At least you have a chance to escape from here.

"How do you know?"

"I've been around for a while now." Hyeri replied.

"Why would I leave my universe with my own will?" He questioned but it was directed towards himself.

"Creatures with blood, like you and me, are known to do questionable things all the time."

"I don't remember anything."

"You won't if you try jumping between universes."

Namjoon felt heavy all of a sudden. He didn't knew if this was any better than being dead.

"What would have happened if I hadn't woken up yesterday?"

"Your soul would be trapped inside that kid. I don't really know what happens after that." Hyeri said and stood up.

"Come on, no time to waste." She said and pulled Namjoon up too.

"What are we going to do now?"

"You still have 10 days to go back."

"Huh?" Namjoon tilted his head quite adorably.

"When you jump universes, you get a span of 21 human days to go back. And 11 of your days are already gone counting today."

"How do you know where I came from?" Namjoon asked raising his brow.

"Your mark was white when you came here. But it's turning red."

"What mark?"

Hyeri touched his back making him feel ticklish, like the other day.

"Feel that?" He nodded now getting that part.

"How do I go back?"

"You need to go to the portal that connects all the worlds."

"Let's go there then." He said but the girl didn't move.

"What?"

"It's not easy. You will be tested. Again and again."

"Tested?" Namjoon asked, not an ounce of confidence in his voice.

"Yes and they are tough." His feet felt like they were cemented.

"But you have to clear them. I will help you. With my everything."

"Why?"

"Excuse me?"

"Why are you helping me if you don't know me?" Hyeri didn't knew the answer to that either.

He is right. Why am I making so much effort for him.

"I am still thankful. Very thankful. I would have been dead if it weren't for you." Namjoon said giving Hyeri a very sincere smile.

"I don't think I can ever pay you back." He added.

"You can." Hyeri said, both of them sharing a contact.

"You can pay me. By getting out of here. By not letting my efforts go in vain." Namjoon nodded slightly, not very sure of whatever she was saying.

He was really scared, to the point he wanted to break down.

He wasn't sure why but suddenly he felt so down. His head was not helping at all. A lot of thoughts were running like crazy in his mind.

But one thing was bothering him more than anything.

"This doesn't make any sense. Why would I jump universes. There has to be a reason for me to do that." Namjoon said as he held his head with both of his hands.

"I don't know why you did that. It's not like you will remember anything when you jump universes. You were a bum for doing that." Hyeri said making him more frustrated.

/ "You're such a bum Namjoon. You can not even boil water let alone feed yourself." /

The voices in his head were making him crazy.

"Namjoon are you ok?" Hyeri asked when she didn't hear any reply from the boy.

"I don't know anything. I just want it to stop. Please make her go away." Namjoon said as his face digged in his knees.

Hyeri was a bit confused. She didn't knew headaches could get this bad, she didn't knew how to help him without knowing what he was dealing with.

"Make who go away?" Hyeri asked, now feeling a bit scared about all this.

"The girl in my head. She is making everything worse."

How is it so far????