12

Hyeri was tired, sweats on her forehead dripped down her cheek making it look like she had been crying.

She had just sprinted back to the original post hoping to find the boy there but he still didn't show up after being gone for twenty minutes.

She sighed and sat down for a minute not knowing what she should do anymore.

If Namjoon was still inside the forest, she feared that he had lost his consciousness.

She could go in, but since she had cleared the test a few weeks ago, she would not be able to see anything, including poor Namjoon.

She stood up and decided to go check the exit again, having nothing else that she could do.

She ran but her pace was not as fast as it was when she had sprinted in his search before, she didn't had enough energy.

It took her around eight minutes again to reach the exit area and she felt a gush of audible air leave her mouth.

He was there, he was there and he looked safe.

Namjoon who was facing the opposite side, turned around when he heard her gasp. He gave her a small smile, he himself feeling very tired.

Hyeri rushed to him and pulled him in a big hug, arms tightening around his torso.

"I was so worried. So very worried." She said and felt him squeeze her back.

"I'm sorry." He muttered and stroke her back to calm her down, warm colours showing up on his cheek.

The image of someone worried for him, made a soft smile appear on his lips. He liked this feeling.

"I'm sorry Hyeri. But look I'm here now, I did it." Hyeri pulled away from the hug and gave him a pat on his back.

"You did good." She said and moved back so there was some distance between the two now.

"Are you tired?" He asked her even though it was quite visible.

"A little. Let's sit down for some time." He nodded and sat on the ground next to the girl who had cleaned up a small area for her and the boy.

"I wish we had water here." He voiced making Hyeri groan.

"Water would be nice but we don't have a genie." She said as she drew weird figures on the ground.

Namjoon looked at her doodles, it looked like a small pond with some trees around them. Everything that both of them wanted in that moment.

"Do you remember?" She broke the silence to which he replied with a questioning hmm.

'Do you remember how you claimed this to be your favourite place Namjoon?'

"Do you remember what you saw inside? Why did it take you so long?" She buried the original question in her heart.

"There was a voice and that's it." He said glancing back at the mountain with a frown.

"I was walking very slow and stopped a lot."

"You didn't inhale anything right?" He looked back at her, her eyes held concern.

"No I didn't. I was able to protect myself because of you Hyeri, I'm indebted." He said and she replied with a smile.

Silence took over again as both of them were deep in their thoughts, no one knew what the other was thinking and it didn't cross their mind as they were not really ready to question each other any further.

After a while Hyeri noticed that it was going to be dark soon so she stood up and stretched her limbs.

"We should get going before the darkness stops us." Namjoon nodded and followed her suit.

It was like it always is, Hyeri leading the track with a taller Namjoon following the short girl.

Hyeri wasn't really short but next to Namjoon, she felt insecure. He was taller than most of the people here, a charming trait but it irritated Hyeri as she was not used to look up to talk to someone.

She also felt less dominant every passing second. Having established that both of them were in a friendly relations now, she knew that she would be equally affected by him like he had been with her.

Just a few while ago she had gone through the same feelings again. The fear of losing him.

She first felt it in this place when he was going to be a meal of unpleasant demons and now when she had lost sight of him for so long.

She wasn't used to him being away from her for very long. She sighed and looked at the sky.

The dark maroon was getting even more darker, she looked back hoping that the boy was still following her but the darkness was too much now.

"Namjoon? You're here right?" She could feel the slight fear in voice and Namjoon felt it too.

"Yes. Yes I'm here." He said and went forward to hold her hand, with much difficulty he found it making both of them sigh with relief.

"I lost the track of time. We should have prepared for the night a while ago." She said trying to look around.

"The last thing that was visible to me was a big rock that should be on the left. We should go there." She agreed and starting going to her left.

"My left Hyeri." She heard him say in a mocking tone.

"Right, I knew that." She said, thanking the darkness for hiding her flushed cheek.

Namjoon chuckled in his heavy voice and held her hand more tightly and pulled her with him, his other hand stretched out to prevent walking into the very rock he was talking about.

"I'm really sorry for not paying enough attention." She said with a pout feeling uncomfortable with the place they ended up sitting.

"Hyeri stop doing that."

"Doing what?" She asked feeling him lay down.

"Stop beating yourself up for little things. If anything, I should be as much responsible as you are."

"That's not entirely true. You're my responsibility."

"I'm not a child Hyeri."

"I didn't mean it like that."

"Let's share the burden if we can ok? You don't always have to be the one incharge." Hyeri felt a small smile dancing on her lips, Namjoon felt on his too