52

Hyeri and Namjoon had been walking for just about an hour since they set out for the day and Hyeri was already feeling extremely tired.

Her right hand had grabbed the hem of her shirt in frustration as her head continuously drummed.

She wanted to call out for Namjoon who was about a meter ahead from her but her voice was stuck in her throat. She felt terrible, as if her head was being pulled in two different directions by the fasted horses in all the combined universes.

Namjoon who was still very much affected by whatever happened in the morning, was trying to avoid looking at Hyeri at every cost so he had no idea she was struggling behind him.

Hyeri's eyes were burning. She had been going on without sleeping for about a month now.

She could feel her eyelids giving up in the broad daylight and she knew there was no way she could keep going like that.

She cursed at herself for not doing anything when she felt unexceptionally weak throughout the night.

She had surely caught stiffness from wearing wet clothes for the entire day but she could never blame Namjoon for her current state. She brought this upon herself.

For her selfish reasons.

And for those selfish reasons again, she had to stop. She had to stop before she give in the temptations to close her eyes.

She knew this day would come but she had not anticipated it until Namjoon successfully completed his fifth task. She also hoped that she won't have to deal with the day at all but luck wasn't with her this time.

She had to do it quickly.

Prepare Namjoon.

She had to tell him everything before she left him alone to go further by himself.

She had to make sure she didn't miss any point and the heaviness of her body suggested that it was the time to do all.

She didn't know how she came to that point when she was perfectly fine the previous day but sickness never knocks on door, it barges in.

After gathering a little strength she catched up to the boy in front of him and grabbed his arm weakly.

Namjoon looked back and his neutral face was completely changed into a worried one.

"Hyeri? You look so pale." He said and kept his hand on her cheek.

"You're burning up. Hyeri you have a fever." He declared but Hyeri shook her head.

Namjoon softly pulled her to the roadside and made her sit on the ground. He cursed at himself for not noticing his partner's lack of enthusiasm.

"Wait I know what to do." He said and pulled Hyeri's sling bag from her shoulder.

He then fished out the container of berries from her bag seeing which Hyeri shook her head.

"You'll need this Namjoon."

"You need this right now." He said and brought one near her face but Hyeri moved away.

"This can't help me anymore Namjoon." She said weakly.

"You can't even speak loud enough for me to hear. Please just eat." He forcefully put the berry in her mouth.

"What happened?" He asked stroking her cheek so softly as if any more force would break her in thousand pieces.

"I need to sleep."

"Oh." It was the only thing he could say.

Somehow, he wasn't sure on how to react to this.

The girl who has denied the temptations to sleep so far was telling him that she NEEDS to sleep.

"Th-then sleep." He said not sure if this was what she wanted to hear.

"I have to. There's no other way." She said before changing her position to a more comforting one.

"But I can't." Namjoon's heart dropped when he heard it. She was putting her health in jeopardy.

"You can. Just a little nap. I'll wake you up soon." Namjoon assured but she shook her head.

"I can't unless I tell you things you should know. Until I answer all your questions, truthfully." She said with a sad smile.

"What are you talking about Hyeri. Just take the goddamn nap and we'll go ahead when you're feeling better." Namjoon said with a mixed feeling of frustration and sadness.

"If I close my eyes, I won't wake up for days." Hyeri said now reaching to take Namjoon's hand.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you wonder how I know about so many things?"

"I do. All the time."

"You know how you woke up without any memories?"

"Yes. Hyeri, I don't know where you're heading but I don't like it." Hyeri gave an apologetic smile.

"Don't you though? You know it Namjoon. Somewhere deep inside you, you know. More than me, more than any person who had walked this place."

"Hyeri you're confusing me. You're speaking nonsense now." Namjoon said looking at the girl who was barely holding any life.

"Namjoon, it wasn't the first time you had opened your eyes in this universe."

"It was. I remember it clearly. That bloody place, the demons, you. I remember correctly."

"You don't."

"What are you talking about?" Namjoon asked as a rear of frustration left his eye.

"I'll tell you everything. Everything. Just be patient with me and don't let me fall asleep before I'm done." Namjoon breathed out heavily, the day he started off differently was proving to be more different as Hyeri explained things.

From the scratch. Hyeri had to tell him everything she knew. It was time to pass the beacon. The title of the great Hyeri. She was going to put her everything on him.

Her trust, her knowledge, her reality.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Namjoon placed a fast asleep Hyeri in the shelter that he had walked to for almost four hours with a sleeping Hyeri on his back.

After making sure she was comfortable, he laid next to her.

He still couldn't believe what happened. Things changed in a blink of eye and he blamed himself.

He made things harder than it already was for Hyeri and now she was suffering from his actions.

The only way to set things right was to do as told but without Hyeri, everything was hard.

Yet, he knew he had to do it. There was no way out.

He looked beside him, an unusual sight. A sleeping Hyeri, she looked peaceful, as if she had stopped fighting.

She gave her worries away to Namjoon.

Vote please