19

Namjoon took a deep breath, finding himself standing on the big cross that was supposed to be the midsection of the maze as he read the instructions before getting in.

In you must go, but I must warn
Waiting for you are lost souls
If fail to find your way by night
Must you join the punished inside

The last for lines were blurry now, it had been hours since he set off.

They mainly focused on what he was supposed to do, how he was going to do it was up to him.

He was already having a very hard time but the voices in his head made it worse.

It was when he was inside the maze, he found how indecision he was. Every turn, every intersection was another challenge that he had to think about a lot.

He did see many 'willing' to help him but he tried his best to ignore him.

Although Hyeri did tell him that some of them were good but he had already made up his mind before entering that he was not going to trust anyone's words.

This was his test and he won't let others influence the outcome. He was determined but still so lost.

At first, he was genuinely very confused and kept hitting dead ends which frustrated him a lot but he knew he had no time to sulk.

At every intersection, there was another clue that could either help him or guarantee his stay in the maze.

He saw others looking at him with a blank look on their face so he couldn't even make out if he was in the right track or lost from him path.

He recalled how he had met with a man a while ago, who helped him with a certain clue. Although he was not one to blindly trust someone after what Hyeri told him, he could see how that person was telling the truth when he reached the midsection.

He knew he didn't had a lot of time left on his hand but something about coming so far made him more confident about passing this test.

He now understood how the clues work, how people there were and most importantly how he was supposed to make his way out of there.

According to him, he could get out of there in half of the time he had spent to reach there. But now again, he was in a big intersection.

The very first thing that he did was to stand on the way that lead him to this point so he doesn't forget and goes back the same way as all the path were identical.

If he hadn't lost a sense of his surrounding, he could have from where he came as it had happened to him once or twice on his way till there.

From what he remembered that food man say, there was more than one way to reach to the cross but there was only one way out from there.

Every decision that he would make would be a lifeline, the real test would start the moment he stepped in another path.

The was not the part that scared him the most, it was the fact that there were more than one ways that could lead back to the entry point, the point where he initially started.

To be lost is one thing but to start from the very start at this hour of the day scared him. He felt foolish for not asking exactly how many ways were there to reach the cross in front of him.

He looked around and saw 7 more path exactly the same as the one he was standing on.

There were total 8 ways to go if someone stood on the cross but he felt like his legs were not ready to leave the spot.

His first instinct was to mark the path in such a way that he would be able to recognize that path but there was nothing in sight.

The whole place only had golden walls that surely made his eyes bleed and silver floor. A whole different world in a whole different world as he thought the moment he stepped in there.

He sighed after thinking a lot, he knew he had no time to waste on things like searching a mark so he just took his shirt off that had been on him since days and kept it on the path, hoping no one would take it away while he was looking away.

He still had to go out and going without a shirt wasn't something he wanted to do, especially with Hyeri as his partner.

Hyeri, oh how everything would have been so much better if the girl was with him in that moment.

Not only she would have helped him find his way, she would have made this experience so much better. Namjoon realized that even though it had only been a few days since he met her, she was already someone that he wanted to do everything with him, maybe because she was the only person around him all the time but he couldn't dent the absolute effect she had on him.

But he knew that dwelling on the fact that Hyeri wasn't there to guide him out would only being his selfishness and greediness out of him, two traits that he needed to avoid while he was in there.

He smiled thinking about the time when he heard Hyeri's voice inside the maze. At first he thought he was hallucinating but when he saw the man who was helping him solve the clue take his leave as if that voice had called for him, he knew that the person was good.

Even though Hyeri had no intentions to help him, she unknowingly did. His guiding angel.

He was now standing on the cross again, as he took a big turn to take a better look.

Once he had gained enough confidence, he looked at the panel in front of him that contained the new clue.