23

Namjoon played with his fingers, he had nothing else he could do.

In front of him, there were several large sized demons and other mortals that were immortal in this world.

His ears searched for the voice that he had heard last night, the hemela who held him captive was supposedly out to get Hyeri now.

He was worried for the girl and also hoped she would fill him in whatever that was going on.

Although the way to that place was dark, Namjoon was very surprised when he saw the interior of the room that he was led in.

It was beautiful, there was no other words to describe it.

From the bright yellow ceilings that gave the affect of sun's presence the whole time, to the marbled walls and ceilings.

It looked too royal for demons and he knew that this place wasn't something that other mortals have came in.

He tried ignoring the not so subtle gaze every living thing on the room was giving him, but they were everywhere. The place was swarmed by them and with just that he could tell that whatever was about to happen was not something that happened regularly.

It scared him that they were so confident that he will be punished for whatever he did.

He could still not figure out what he did that got not only him, but his friend and companion in trouble too.

His journey back home was at that moment a run for his survival.

He saw all of the demons organizing themselves and soon a ear piercing silence prevail in the room.

His legs itched for some reason even if it had been only 10 minutes since he stood in the corner of the room.

As the crowd was now not cluttered, he could see a big chair on the edge of the room, where he assumed that someone important would come and sit.

He then saw a swarm of demons entering the room again, shielding a much larger man.

The man had a golden fleece wrapped around his bare wide shoulders, heavy jewelry pieces on his body and a pair of wooden slippers on his feet.

Namjoon could sense that this person was it, the important one that would overlook to everything that was about to happen in that room.

He looked for Hyeri in the new crowd but she was not there too. A certain fear that she was in trouble crept over his mind and he was now really scared.

But the thing that was troubling him was that if Hyeri had left him there alone.

He failed the test and now there was not point in her staying at that place anymore.

A thought that she would never leave without meeting him crossed his mind, but it was quickly replaced by a fear that she left him because she was disappointed or angry.

He didn't notice when the rest of the demons and the man with the strongest aura were all seated but the pin drop silence in the room brought him back to reality.

All the eyes were on the large creature who was sharing some words with another hemela.

He then saw a very familiar face entering the room. Now he had another mortal in the room except him, but his identity made him more scared than relieved.

Larry.

Larry was then send to stand near Namjoon, the hemela who brought him in, gave a very stern look to both of them which he took as he is not supposed to talk to the doomed person next to him.

He looked at Larry who had a cold expression on his face. Namjoon deducted that he might have some answers on what was going around them and he wished he could ask him but now was not the time.

"Where is the girl?" He heard the large creature ask the hemela standing in front of him.

"On her way my Master." She said with a bow.

The fact that these fearless demons were giving the creature so much authority, made him weak. He didn't know what was going happen now. He was scared and the restlessness in Larry's eyes made it all worse.

Then entered another hemela who bowed in front of their Master, with her head still hanging low, she said,

"The girl is here Master, she was sitting outside the boundary."

"Bring her in." His heavy voice echoed in the room.

Namjoon felt so much better when he saw Hyeri walk in. But his heart broke when he saw how weak she looked, so much weaker than when he had left her the last day.

He wondered if she had fallen sick again, or if the hemela, who re recognised from last night, did something to his friend.

He saw the hemela come near to where he was standing with an evil smile dancing on her face.

Contrary to his expectation, she was taller, well-built and so charming. She was not like any other demons present in the room, excluding the Master of course.

He saw how her eyes was so red and puffy, he felt bad knowing this is something that he was responsible for. He couldn't even imagine what she went through the whole last day and night.

She pushed Hyeri to stand next to Larry so that now Larry was in between her and the boy.

Namjoon wanted to ask her if she was ok but the silence in the room didn't encourage him.

He saw the hemela go near he Master and bowed as if to ask for permission to which the he nodded.

"My fellow demons, we have always protected the rights of our fellow mortals who walk on a land that was originally just ours. The laws of the universe gave these rule-breakers a chance to go back to their home but they still break the rules,"

She looked at Namjoon before continuing,

"Two wanderers from the same land, have dared to violate the laws once again, cheating their way out of the very challenge that tests their sincerity." She completed looking at Hyeri now.

"We are here for the trial of Namjoon and his associate, Hyeri."