24

Hyeri had no idea what was happening when the day started. But things were getting clearer for her when she entered the room.

With the large creature sitting on a chair, whom she recognised as the peace-keeper of that universe and the universe which is defined by gold, she knew that there was going to be trial of some sort, but still not sure what it was.

Then she saw him.

Larry.

The man she had met the previous day when she was getting bored out of her skin.

Now Namjoon failing the test felt like so much better than falling in this sort of mess. Both of them were in the corner, so she figured they both were in trouble.

But then she knew she was in one two when she was pushed to stand beside Larry.

Larry looked calm as if he was sure he was going to be found not guilty.

But she gulped realising that it could also mean that he had accepted whatever that was coming their way.

Her eyes travelled to Namjoon who was already looking at her. There were so many emotions she could make out just by one glance, but fear ruled them all.

She instantly knew that like her, he was also unaware of whatever was happening but Larry's presence confirmed that it had to do something with her meeting him the other day.

"We are here for the trial of Namjoon and his associate, Hyeri." She heard the hemela finish her statement and another one walking in front of the Master.

"Your majesty," she bowed, "Yesterday this man here, called Namjoon, entered this place to finish his test and like always, we followed him the whole time and we found some things were out of place." She said walking towards Namjoon.

"He was being accompanied by his friend here who had been with him ever since he entered this portal, isn't that right Miss Hyeri?" Hyeri gave a sharp nod, determined she will get them out of this mess.

"Namjoon, we have noticed you had used unfair means in this place, what do you have to say about that?" She asked looking at the boy again.

"I have used none." Namjoon said with his best effort to stay bold.

"If that was true we would have not been here."

"If I had cheated then I would probably be out, but I couldn't make it, I failed." Hyeri heard his voice crack, her heart skipped a beat seeing him so broken yet brave. This is the Namjoon she knew.

"You are here to answer only, any remark will get you in a lot of trouble." The hemela who had brought Hyeri warned.

"Larry, you know what happens who break rules here right?" The hemela asked

"Yes I do." Larry said with a straight face.

"What exactly happened Yesterday?" She asked with a lean posture.

"Lying is a crime too so we give you one minute to gather the answer you will give us." The Master said as he played with his moustache.

"I am ready with the answer and the truth," Larry said making both Hyeri's and Namjoon's breath halt.

"Yesterday I was going to get water when I saw this young man and I immediately knew he was giving the test. By the authority provided to us by the great Master here, I knew I could talk to the man and so I did.

I went to him and helped him with two of the quizzes but seeing him turn down help from others I didn't think he would take mine. I only did what I had been doing for decades sir, I have commited no crime." He said looking at the hemela.

"You met Hyeri too the same day and in the same hour." The hemela said.

"I met her after I helped the boy."

"Did you know that Larry here and Hyeri were friends?" The hemela asked Namjoon.

Namjoon looked at both of them knowing that lying could break everything away.

"Only when I was a lot away from Larry, I heard Hyeri's voice calling for Larry, I figured he was the person who had helped her when she was giving the test." Namjoon replied in one breath.

"Was your decision affected by this sudden revelation?" She asked him and Hyeri looked at him in fear. This felt wrong to her, she indirectly caused it and it pained her.

"No, just as Larry was leaving me and before Hyeri called for him, I had given my word that I trusted him for his words made sense." Hyeri exhaled, her throat felt less tense.

"Hyeri, what was in the bag that you have Larry?" She asked turning to the girl.

"Some berries and healing leaves." She said maintaining the same face as the man next to her.

"As a bribe?" The hemela asked with a evil smile.

"No ma'am, as a thank you gift for helping me." She replied.

"Is that so?" She asked Larry again.

"Yes, she had promised me when she was last here that she would get me some." He said looking at Hyeri with a smile that only she could tell."

"Larry it seemed like you knew that Hyeri and Namjoon were together." She asked Larry again.

"I didn't knew that when I helped Namjoon but I was sure when I saw Hyeri." He said.

"How so?"

"Hyeri mentioned that if she didn't get out of this universe soon, someone will come after her and seeing her here yesterday I was sure that they were together. Hyeri would have never returned if she got away." Namjoon looked Hyeri now who was glaring at Larry.

He was not supposed to say that, but she knew that he was in a spot where he couldn't lie so she looked at the ground, knowing very well that Namjoon was looking at her for some sort of answer, that she didn't have.

"We also have one thing against you Hyeri and Namjoon," she said with a stern face, "Namjoon knew about the poisoned water."