25

Namjoon was now really confused. When the hearing started, he finally knew what was happening and why they were there.

It was all a big misunderstanding. The three people were smart enough to figure things out but it seemed like some pre-planned arrangement for him.

He felt terrible, he was in the middle of all of this. He was the cause of this, of only he would have chose a different path, maybe he wouldn't even have met Larry in the strange place.

If only Hyeri had not found his lifeless body, she would be free from all this.

He felt horrible about dragging Hyeri into his mess and no matter how much he wanted to apologise to her on the spot, he couldn't.

They were still standing in the corner of the extremely silent room.

As soon as the matter of poisoned water was brought in, the man who had tried to offer him a jug of water the other day entered the room.

The two standing hemela then asked for some time and cornered the man to the other side of the room.

The three were talking inaudibly, leaving Namjoon and Larry all confused.

Namjoon looked at Hyeri who was staring at the trio too.

Her face was calm yet it looked like she was about to scream in frustration. He saw her gripping her shirt with her fist tightly, wondering what was it about the water that was so worth all this ruckus.

He saw the man coming near him and the other two and stand beside Hyeri, leaving a little distance, making sure that he was not one of us who were getting tried.

The two hemelas too, came back to their previous position and gave the signal to the master that they will be resuming the trial.

"We are now resuming the trial of Namjoon and his associates Hyeri." The hemela said pointing at the two.

"As we all know that the last part of this test, the last quiz comes with a little punishment of it's own, a reminder that you have indeed done something against the law for being here." She said addressing the audience.

"This punishment is in a disguise of the poisoned water that will not kill you, but harm you in many other way. It is a way to make the last quiz much more difficult than it really is." She added.

Namjoon looked at Hyeri for a second before looking at the hemela again.

"Ever since the worlds were created, this tests were posed as a second chance for all the bad people in the universes like these four standing here." She said swaying her proud hand infront of the four mortals.

"Every single soul that has reached to the last quiz had took atleast a sip of that water except this girl Hyeri and her friend Namjoon," she walked a little closer to the now irritated Hyeri.

"We know Hyeri already knew the water would be poisoned, so we let her free without having to bring her here." She then moved closer to Namjoon.

"But Namjoon, would you please tell us why did you not drink the water when this man offered it to you."

Namjoon squinted his eyes and looked at Hyeri, she had already informed him that the water was going to be poisoned. It felt like a sabotage.

He didn't know what to say, his first thought was how Hyeri knew about the poisoned water but he figured that it was worthless to think about that in that moment.

He looked at Hyeri again, this time making an eye contact and suddenly he knew the answer, she told him without even having to open her mouth.

He looked back at the hemela who was impatiently waiting for his answer and took a deep breath before speaking.

"I have not drank water ever since I have come here." He said with smoothness in his voice. He now understood why Hyeri had kept him away from water all this while, it was to protect him.

"Not even a single drop from where Hyeri loves to take a bath?" He heard Hyeri gasp in horror, this hemela was really crossing all her boundaries and Namjoon, for some reason, didn't like the fact that she so openly said that without any shame with all the other male demons and male mortals present in the room.

He was about to say something when Larry pulled his arm to warn him.

Namjoon cleared his throat and spoke again, "No I have not. I was made aware that I will not die if I don't drink any water and so I didn't."

"Hyeri what did you say to him for him to stay away from one of your kind's biggest weakness?" He saw Hyeri throwing glares at the hemela but her voice was still calm.

"I told him that water here shall never be drunk, I told him it was ALL poisoned. I didn't tell him a truth but instead kept him in darkness." She said and glanced at the boy.

"That is cheating Hyeri. You cheated the system." The other hemela spoke.

"It is not, Master you are the one who decides if we are really at fault. But isn't the system flawed for offering something that nature has gifted us for free but mixing it with poison?"

"It is part of the challenge!" The hemela said angrily.

"Nature is not part of your challenge. Nature is free from all of this, you are using it for your own benefit but I know better. You cannot use water as a part of your challenge." Hyeri said looking at the Master.

"I respect your rules sire, I respect all the rules including nature's." Hyeri completed.

"Even if you decide to hold it against us, it must only be me for I was the one who lied, Larry and Namjoon had no hands in it." Hyeri said again but it felt like she was pleading.

Namjoon couldn't stay quiet any longer, "but why does it even matter? I failed the test!"