85

"I can't do this." Hyper breathed out.

She was scared. Literally, her legs were shaking from terror.

Why was she being asked to do this? She didn't yet understand.

Namjoon had told her a lot of things and the only thing that made sense to her was that she was going to get to go home once she passed the tests.

But was it worth it? She remembered nothing of the life Namjoon had sung such beautiful melodies of. She liked being there with him.

He had earlier assured her that he will be the one giving the test first and yet she was the first one to enter the place.

He told her that she had very little time left but she didn't want this.

She wanted to stick with Namjoon. She knew no one except him and was scared to go on her own.

"Are you giving up?" The guard asked her.

She looked at him with moist eyes.

"Should I? I was told I have come very far." She told him.

"I have never seen anyone with such little determination." The guard told her.

Someone who had a lot, the most mental strength was now a shaking mess. She wanted Namjoon. She wanted to be near him.

The morning was still very blurry for her.

She woke up to Namjoon holding her very close to himself and telling her all sweet things but it felt like he was telling those to himself. It looked like he was trying to convince himself that everything will be alright.

That confused Hyeri.

She was not one to complain though, she really liked whatever he was doing even though she had to act like she was sleeping.

She watched the dancing Sun for the last time. The sad comedy it portrayed was still dancing in her head.

Namjoon made her eat a lot. He had filled her with almost everything they had saying that she needed all of that to go home but she now felt too full to even mover properly.

He had then made her rest again, for almost an hour.

She was being treated like some queen and it irritated her until he brought her up to the giant gate.

There she saw the only person she had seen after Namjoon. She was awe-struck when she saw the guard speak but what he said broke her heart.

He demanded Namjoon to go away. He said that only Hyeri can be present there.

She felt Namjoon strip her off the bag she was holding and give her a sad smile.

"You can do it my love. Go home, I will follow you soon. Go home my love." She saw his damp eyes, even though he had gone for minutes, his face haunted her.

That was it. That was the last time she was going to see him before going home.

He didn't even hug her, or kiss her like she thought that he will. She was mad, extremely mad at him.

He made their last few moments so little that it hurt her beyond words.

She saw him leave and slowly disappear. She then turned towards the guard whom she had now started to dislike.

"What now?" She asked bitterly.

"You can go in now when you're ready." The guard moved away from the gate.

Hyeri stood still for some time.

She started to think about the things that could happen in there. She was scared, very scared.

Her mind wasn't helping her. It went to places that she didn't even know existed in her head.

"I have never seen anyone with such little determination." The guard told her.

Someone who had a lot, the most mental strength was now a shaking mess. She wanted Namjoon. She wanted to be near him.

"I- I'll be back." She turned away and ran in the direction where she saw Namjoon leave.

"Namjoon!" She yelled for him, not stopping on her track.

A few metres ahead of her, Namjoon was walking with his face all wet.

He had done what he had prepared for in the morning. He said his goodbyes quickly so that Hyeri won't watch him breakdown. It was hard for him to watch her go and he had a very good reason to believe that Hyeri still didn't like him as much.

"Namjoon!" He heard his name get called by a very familiar voice.

He turned to see Hyeri who had stopped running after seeing the boy.

"I hate you!" He heard her speak in between sobs.

Dropping the bag he had on the ground, he felt his legs immediately run towards the girl.

Hyeri started running too, hoping to catch him midways but Namjoon being a fast runner caught her in his arms before she could hit the midpoint.

He hugged her very tightly, not hiding his tears anymore.

"I hate you so much." Hyeri sobbed on his chest and tightened her grip around him.

"You left me so vulnerable. Don't ever do that again."

"I won't. I'm sorry." He said and cried harder.

Hyeri pulled away from him and wiped his tears.

She then cupped his face and pulled him near to her face.

"I will be waiting for you so better hurry." Namjoon nodded through tears and closed his eyes because of the overwhelming moment.

But just a few seconds passed before he opened his eyes in shock.

Something felt new, there was Hyeri, with her lips brushing over his.

Hyeri looked at Namjoon's eyes and closed hers. He felt her smile a little against his lips. Namjoon closed his eyes and kissed her back.

It felt magical. Everything around them felt insignificant except the person in front of each of them.

They were madly in love and now they had confessed it through their actions.

Hyeri pulled away and kept her forehead on his.

"Come to me soon Namjoon. Don't make me forget about you altogether." Namjoon nodded and pecked her lips again.

"I promise. I promise my love." Hyeri smiled before pulling away from his body.

Both of them felt incomplete but this was something they had to do.

To have their happily ever after, they had to stay apart for the time being.

Hyeri now knew she was prepared for her test and Namjoon's head was clear.

He had to find the last spear part.

Vote please