88

Two days ever since Hyeri went back home.

There two days were hard for Namjoon.

He had been on his own before too, but those many times Hyeri was around him.

This time it was different. She was in whole another universe, safe but oh, so far away that it made him weak.

He knew he was going to follow her back sooner or later but still the feeling of being apart from her was so rude to him.

He could now imagine what he would have gone through before when Hyeri left him and came there.

But he had kept busy, he had started his search now.

He had made a whole new plan that will help him cover all the marked spots on the map and still spare him a day or two in case if something happens.

His plan also included a whole day dedicated to go back to the place where he saw Hyeri last.

He wasn't as selfless as Hyeri, he was always going to prioritize going home to Hyeri over laying his life down for something that he had no business in being a part of.

Everything he did was for Hyeri and in the dark hours, he wasn't going to stay away from her for longer than necessary.

He had been walking off road ever since he set off the next morning after departing from Hyeri.

His right had was now feeling numb from holding the sharp stick for so long but he never had a thought of keeping it away, it was way too dangerous already with the stick on his hand.

The nights, he knew, were going to be even harder. He was no longer on the safer side of the world.

The forests reeked of danger and Namjoon admitted that he was scared.

But he wasn't going to let that get in his way of doing what had to be done.

He still had the option to turn away and go back home but he had already decided against it. For Hyeri.

He just hoped nothing unnecessary came on his way.

One can always hope for the easiest way out.

Hoseok was met with an unexpecting guest.

One that he had grown to resent in the past days.

"To what do I owe this opposite of pleasure?" He bluntly asked, the respect he had for the man was long gone.

"Not so angelic there, high rank angel." Hoseok squinted his brows.

He had already been having a hard day. There were rumors all around him for keeping a god level angel in his bedroom, one who had already been claimed by none other than the famous all-rounder Namjoon.

But it was just in his estate. He had made sure to erase all trace of rumor that circulated outside his area of control.

He had to control his urges to see her. As a result, he had to stop going into his own room.

He could have Hyeri shifted into one of his guest rooms but his bed was the most comfortable he had, and after the hard time Hyeri had been through, she deserved all the comfort he could give her.

He had his things removed and another small bed installed for the caretaker to sleep in the same room as Hyeri in case Hyeri woke up in the middle of the night.

Hoseok missed her. She was so close, but still so far away. He hated this fate play.

He hated the fact that he didn't make his move when he had first seen Hyeri way before than Namjoon.

He watched the man in front of him, sitting shamelessly in his chair as if he owned it.

"My informants had told me something very interesting two days ago." Hoseok looked at the man who was touching all the things kept on his table.

He hated that. He hated when someone he didn't approve touched his belongings, but he was not one to disrespect an elder.

"What are talking about?"

"I thought if I gave you time, you'll come to me and tell me." He said with a wicked grin.

"After all, the girl you have in there is my future daughter-in-law." Hoseok looked at the man with hatred.

He had never hated anyone as much he hated the man in front of him. The man had filthy written all over him.

"I should have been the one taking care of her."

"I don't think Namjoon would have wanted that." Hoseok replied bitterly.

"Tell me, Namjoon would have liked his fiancé stay with another man. A man who clearly will take any chance to put her on his bed?" That was it. The water was above his head. Hoseok was having difficulty breathing.

Hoseok went dangerously close to the man. Namjoon's father who had a wicked grin was now surprised by the closeness and gulped hard.

He was waiting for a hand on his body but instead, he came to face with face with a paper.

The paper was very close to his face as he scanned for the context.

His eyes fell to a very familiar signature, it was his son's.

He immediately grabbed the paper and as he did, Hoseok moved away from him.

"Read old man," He ordered, "read it aloud."

Namjoon's father looked back at the paper again, it was sent to Hoseok.

"My dearest friend,

I have decided to follow my heart. It is with the girl who defied my wishes. The girl that I had learned you have a similar liking like I do." Namjoon's father looked at Hoseok who had a dark expression on his face.

"Continue." He demanded.

"You will receive this letter after I go because I didn't have it in me to face you. I am a low ranked angel, no match for Hyeri and yet she loves me back. I always fear that she will leave me for someone like you but I love her. I know you do too, I came to know about it when you went to convince her to stay. I was only sure she didn't love you back when she refused to listen to you. It hurt me when she refused me too.

In this letter, I humbly request you, as a friend, to take care of the both of us when we return. I trust you my friend more than anyone in my fa-"

"Why did you stop. That is not even half of the letter." He remarked but the man had read it enough.