95

"She woke up last night sir." Hoseok felt his head turn.

"What?"

"About four in the morning, she tried to run away but I stopped her." The caretaker informed him.

"Why didn't you tell me right away? I asked you to inform me the first thing." He said, raising his tone slightly.

He was having a rough time recently.

He had been on a date that his mother had set up for him. He didn't like the girl.

Usually, he was very patient with people but the girl annoyed him out of his skin. It didn't help him that Hyeri was taking too long to wake up.

He knew that she was tired and that he was being paranoid but there were only a few days left until she would eventually stop breathing and it was bothering him a lot.

But she was awake now. He came to know just after two hours of her waking up but he couldn't help it. Hyeri was probably scared and she needed Namjoon. But Namjoon was not there and he had given him her responsibility.

Hoseok apologized to the caretaker and walked towards his room.

Even being in the same house, he had not seen her ever since he brought her home. His heartbeat betrayed his intentions with every step he took.

Hoseok now stood in front of the door. His whole body was fighting for air. It was hard for him to breathe.

He slowly turned the knob and pushed the door in and walked in.

There she was. She was looking at the sandwiches in front her, just staring at them.

"Hyeri." She looked at him. It felt like time had stopped for the both of them and he felt like how he felt when Hyeri had first made an eye contact with him.

His words were stuck on his throat.

"Hyeri." She nodded and pointed at herself.

He slowly walked towards his bed and pulled a chair.

"Your head probably hurts right?" She nodded holding it lightly.

"Why don't you eat? You can have a nice bath then after than you can rest." He said with a smile as he controlled his urge to pat her head lovingly.

"It's hard to chew." She admitted. Hoseok knew she had a mind as pure as that of a baby's now.

"Do you want to drink some juice? I know how to make the tastiest mango shake in the entire place." He whispered as if telling her a secret.

"Who are you?" She asked him making the small smile on his lips fall away.

Who was he? What was he supposed to tell her?

"I'm a friend, my name is Hoseok." He said with a fake smile.

"Hi Hoseok. My name is Hyeri." Hoseok chuckled at her cuteness.

"You need to stop being so adorable when around a man." He mumbled and sat up.

"So as a friend of yours Hyeri, I can help with anything you want. So if you need anything, don't hesitate to call for me." Hyeri looked confused.

"Will my other friend come back now?" She asked tilting her head.

"Other friend?"

"Yeah, the one who brought me this." She pointed at the plate filled with sandwiches that she had barely touched.

"Yeah. She will take you for a bath and then you can rest." He said and walked towards the door with a stone in his heart.

"Sir. What about my mango juice?" She asked. Hoseok felt a small smile dancing on his lips again.

"On my way to make it." Hyeri smiled and looked at the sandwich.

"I won't eat you then." He heard her say and chuckled again.

He liked this carefree Hyeri. She was more friendly and had no weight on her shoulder like the previous one did.

He made his way to the kitchen and sat down on a chair after collecting the sweetest mangoes from the basket of fruits.

Throughout the whole process of his, peeling, cutting and grinding the mangoes, he had a smile on his lips. He was humming a song that he had not heard since forever.

He was really, absolutely in love.

He was about to go back to Hyeri when the shake was completed but he was stopped by the ringing of the doorbell.

He kept the tray on the table and went to open the door.

"Son!" He was greeted by his mother.

"Mother." He said and bowed before hugging her.

He was about to close the door but his mother stopped him.

"Baby, Annie is right behind me."

"Annie?"

"The girl you went to the date with? Anne?" She reminded him.

"I know who Annie is! But why is she here?" He asked her.

"I should go." He turned his head to see Anne with her face red with embarrassment.

"No dear, come in." His mother glared at him and pulled the girl in.''

Hoseok closed the door and followed the two ladies in, his mood visibly ruined.

"Baby, you made your famous mango shake!" His mother exclaimed seeing the pretty glass on the table.

"Mother please don't call me that!"

"Annie dear, come taste what a delight it is." Hoseok's eyes widened. He had spent twenty minutes making that for the girl who was waiting for him.

"No Auntie, I have had a heavy breakfast." Anne refused after seeing Hoseok's expression fall.

She didn't think his mother will bring him to his home when she had made plans. She was no fool, she knew Hoseok didn't like her. But she did.

He was her first love and still her only love but he had now known of her existence up until his mother had set them up for a blind date.

"This is for Hyeri mother. She just woke up and she needs energy." He snatched the glass from her mother and stormed off to his room, knowing he will be lectured for his rude exit when he will return.

His mother smiled at Anne who was clearly in a gloomy mood, opposite of when she had picked her up.

Anne was shocked when she heard of Hyeri. She knew Hyeri but she didn't know she had returned.

"Has Namjoon sir returned too?" His mother shook her head which made her even sadder.

Hyeri was under Hoseok all that time alone. And it made her more insecure.