15

Namjoon felt like even if he had memory of his life in his home planet, a chance that he knew someone more stubborn and head string than Hyeri would be very unlikely.

Even while being so sick, the sickest she has ever felt, she refused to sleep.

Her eyes would droop and beg for her to rest but she wouldn't give in.

She almost fell unconscious, the memory of her being so weak, so torn out, still gave him chills but no matter what he said, no matter how much he persuaded, she wouldn't give in but stay persistent on staying up.

His hand subconsciously reached for her as his eyes could no longer feel her presence. The darkness only made him shiver with restlessness. He could no longer check how she was doing and with her not giving in, he feared she will lose conscious again.

"Hyeri your hands are still cold, please just for a while."

"I'm ok Namjoon, you can go to sleep. We wasted some time today so we'll have to cover more tomorrow." She said pulling her hand away from him.

"Hyeri with how you looked today, I'm not even sure you'll be able to walk tomorrow." He replied. His shoulders felt heavy with endless walking but he couldn't leave the girl by herself.

"I told you I'm fine. Don't worry about me. You sound tired." She pointed out.

"You sound tireder." He said with now his head resting on his knees.

"That's not even a word." She said and Namjoon could swear he heard her laugh a little.

"Hyeri, I have to ask, do you ever sleep?" He asked as his hand went to touch her temper again. A sigh left his lips seeing that she was still pretty cold.

"I don't want to sleep." He heard her say, as she tried hiding her yawn.

"Besides, sleeping isn't a problem when you are a citizen here." She added.

"You looked like you're going to drop dead, let alone sleep."

"I won't die either. Can't you see Namjoon, this is an endless cycle. I'm stuck here like this." She said and he could hear the frustration in her voice.

"But still Hyeri, you can sleep. Sleep won't hold you back, it's supposed to give you energy." He said rubbing her shoulder, the tense muscles noticable.

"I won't because I can't."

"You can Hyeri, you can't lie about this."

"Namjoon if I sleep, we'll lose."

"We'll lose?"

"Yes. Please just let me be. Go to sleep, I'll be alright. Good as new tomorrow." His hand left her shoulder and his eyes drooped low.

He wanted to ask more but chose not to. The desperation in her voice gave him a clear signal that going any further with his questions won't end good.

"Alright Hyeri but I won't sleep either. And you promise me you'll tell me if you start feeling ill again ok?"

"Namjoon don't behave like a kid please. You need to sleep." She took a deep breath before continuing,

"We can't have two sick people now, can we?"

"How about we have no sick people?"

"Namjoon, using my mouth a lot makes me more sicker than just sitting." She said.

"How about you lay down?" He suggested.

"I could, but I'll fall asleep." He didn't say anything further about that topic.

"How am I supposed to know you're ok if I sleep or if you stay quiet?" He asked.

"You voice sounds like you'll be asleep in no time. Namjoon please go to sleep I can take care of myself." This time she didn't hear him reply.

She soon felt him shifting and a hand cupping her cheek.

"Still so cold, atleast hold me so that I can warm you." He was definitely not aware of what he was saying, both of his arms were now on her waist and Hyeri could only thank the darkness for hiding her flustered state.

"I'll hold you hand Namjoon, I'll be warm enough with your hand." She felt him sinking on the ground right next to her and after some squirming, she was sure he was now sleeping.

She looked up at the red sky, cursing the fate for being so cruel to them. She cursed the decisions both Namjoon and her took that resulted them with such punishment.

She cursed at her body too, for being weak. She wanted to endure it, endure the pain, endure the punishment but every passing minute, every step she took, made her more and more weak.

She was aware that she'd not last for long without sleeping but she couldn't .

Even closing her eyes scared her, she was afraid that she won't be able to open it for a long time.

She gave out a big sigh, that almost felt like a cry for help.

Feeling cold all of a sudden, her hands tightened on Namjoon's.

She rested her forehead oh his palm, feeling the heat flow from his body to hers. Healing her in a way that she could not explain. She was happy that Namjoon offered his hand, a very cute gesture of his she thought.

'You're only making it harder for me. You're making me get used of you more and more and I'm afraid I won't hold it good when we seperate.'

She sat up straight and hoped Namjoon would get a good night sleep, she hoped he would sleep for her too.

The nights were hard for her, it was dark and unsafe. When she was alone, she would sing or draw in the lights of her burning wood but that was under the safe region.

Any type of activity won't even disturb Namjoon's sleep but give out their presence to all sorts of dangerous species that could be around them.

Although she was assured by the others that this region had no obstructions in the middle of the challenges, but she didn't want to take any risk.

She just wanted to get over with this without any extra obstructions.