57

Namjoon's eyes were red like the sky above him.

He had quite a hard time to fall asleep the previous night as well. Darkness wasn't his best suit anyways.

He was sure that Hyeri knew that he was scared of being alone and being in the darkness for too long.

He remembered the cold night he had spent in the maze. Although he was completely alone this time, he preferred being around that rude hemela more.

At least he knew someone was there. Nights alone on the road, next to the forest was so much harder than he had anticipated when he set out and he wondered how Hyeri had been the best version of herself all this time.

He fished out a few couple of berries from Hyeri's bag and chewed on them slowly.

The task was going to take five hours maximum and he wanted to be in his best place even though he hadn't slept all through the night.

He was glad his body gave away in between and went to a resting space disobeying his mind's order for staying alert.

Namjoon could never stay alert when asleep, he was a deep sleeper. It was something Hyeri had told him earlier.

After making sure he was ready enough to give the hardest task yet, he stood up and looked at the place again from afar.

He was going to have to walk till there and from the distance, it felt like a good half an hour walk from where he was standing.

Namjoon started walking towards the huge place and with every few steps the place became more and more clearer.

Namjoon dreaded the difficulty of the tasks that he'll have to deal with soon but he also couldn't wait to be done with them soon so that he could go back to his lover like a war hero.

Soon enough, he reached the place and almost lost his breath looking at the extraordinary place.

The whole thing was like a dome, and the first thing that Namjoon had noticed from afar the previous day was a pair of wings hanging on the top of the dome.

It looked extremely beautiful. It contradicted everything that was present on the ground of the world he was standing on.

And that's when it struck him, this challenge was going to be conducted by his people, the place where he came from.

According to Hyeri, their home universe was the ultimate one.

A place where no one from any other universes can jump into but a place which connects to every other universes.

The only place which exhibits five two-way portals.

And the place where Namjoon and Hyeri were right then was the only place to have five one way portals.

Namjoon stood in awe in front of the place. The white marble of the dome was shining brightly with a small tint of redness of the reflected red sky.

Suddenly Namjoon felt at ease. This was where he belonged. His world.

He was in front of a shadow of his home planet and just the thought of it made him extremely nervous.

He was scared to mess this up.

He was scared that if he lost here, he would be no less than a traitor who turned away from his world even though practically he remembered nothing of his world in the first place.

Taking a deep breath, he walked to the door of the big dome and pulled the handle slowly.

Hyeri had already told him that the doors were always opened for anyone to go in and look around. Heaven was really an extraordinary place.

He pushed the door slowly and stepped inside the place.

Like his expectation, the entire place was lit up with and yellow lights giving the place a very light look. Almost as light as wings should be.

He then looked around, the embraided ceilings captured his eyes.

There were paintings of people and angels. There were also depictions of some fallen angels who ran away from heaven.

He was a fallen angel too and so was Hyeri. He wondered how his life was before all that.

He wondered his relationships with his family and friend. His students and his Hyeri.

He wished that all his memories that involved Hyeri would come back soon so he could make sense of whatever he was feeling a few days ago.

Shaking his head, he decided to first pay attention to the task at hand.

One more thing that he found interesting about this task was that there was no one to supervise it. It meant that he could go on and tell the world that he succeeded doing the challenge even when he hadn't.

The only catch was that if he managed to complete the sixth challenge and the portal appeared, his body would shred away in the far wide galaxy.

The universe of angels was really hard on their truth policy. A lie could have brought him some respect in this world but he would never be accepted back into his real one if he hadn't completed all the six challenges truthfully and completely.

Namjoon found it funny because unlike him who has truth as one of his main principles, Hyeri was a skilled liar, not for him but she was.

She had lied about many things and that made the truth so much wilder and more interesting for him for some reason. It amused him more than anything.

He thought how much Hyeri had to suffer for lying. Lying for angels was a very hard task and yet her stories were all based on lies.

He knew this sacrifice was again for him. Everything she did was for him. Such was her love. Incomparable.

He walked up to the area where he saw five kids painted as that was the place the caskets were kept.

He knew that the individual tasks in the casts were either the ones that no one had ever picked or if picked, failed to complete it.

Every mountain is unclimbable until someone climbs it.

Same way, a task is only difficult is it has never been done.

Please vote