47

It took a little while for Namjoon to find his way out but the bright light outside brought up a smile that was filled with relief and pride.

He did it, he passed the fourth challenge all by himself.

If every step he took accounted for one step closer to his destination, every challenge he passed accounted for a giant leap and his man ego was proud at this accomplishment.

Although if not for Hyeri, he wouldn't have done what he did but he still knew that if he wasn't capable enough, he wouldn't have won this victory.

Hyeri, he was only a few steps away to see her so he fixed his shirt and dusted his pants. He had to look the best he could after staying away from her for all those hours.

Taking a deep breath in, he walked out of the cave. The lights almost blinded his vision causing him to cover his eyes with his arm but then he heard it, her voice.

He took his hand off and his eyes took some time to adjust but what he saw in front of him happened to be the most beautiful sight he had ever seen. All the things he had seen earlier in his challenges were shadowed down in comparison to what he was seeing.

It was Hyeri, looking like an angel, with light emitting everywhere from her body. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before opening it again and now it was better than before.

The lack of light in the cave made his eyes lazy so walking out of the place made his eyes unfocused but he was still in trance.

"Namjoon!" Hyeri tugged on his hand, fearing that something bad had happened.

"Y-yes."

"Are you ok?" Hyeri asked as concern radiated off of her body.

"Yes I am. I was just blinded by the light." Namjoon said scratching his neck.

"Oh. You scared me."

"I'm sorry but hey, I did it." Hyeri gave him a warm smile that he had missed when he was in there.

"I knew you would. You should start believing in yourself." Namjoon felt something weird again in his chest and he knew he had to be clode to her to heal himself.

Without asking for her permission, he went for a hug, the second one for a day, taking Hyeri by surprise.

"A-are you sure nothing happened?" Hyeri asked as she was stuffed tightly in his arms.

"Can I only hug you when something happens?" Namjoon asked but she quickly shook her head while still in his embrace.

Namjoon pulled after a while and Hyeri immediately turned away to hide her flushed cheeks, still shy from the closeness.

"Come on now, you must be tired." Hyeri said and walked to where she was sitting.

Namjoon followed with a smile, he felt as if he had made up for being away with her and was happy that he could see her again even if he knew he would.

They both sat in silence as Namjoon ate the berries.

Since they still had a lot of time left till it became dark, Hyeri suggested they would continue walking and Namjoon agreed.

"So, I remember what I did in there." Namjoon mocked her weird excuse.

Hyeri who was taken by surprise again couldn't help but frown.

"I'm sorry I had to lie. I just didn't want things to repeat again, I can't bear to go through another trial. I can't sit here and think that you might never return." She said with a hope that he would understand where she was coming from.

"I know Hyeri and I am not mad. I kind of knew it even before I went in there."

"Well you are really smart." Hyeri said making Namjoon chuckle.

"It was kind of obvious. I can finally tell when you're lying and when you're not."

"Oh, you can?" Namjoon nodded.

"I've been with you for long now. I can tell." Hyeri wanted to say something but she thought it would be better if she didn't.

Namjoon who saw her hesitating shook his head with a smile. He thought that she didn't believe him but she was scared to test him out anyway.

But Hyeri was scared. She had already figured that she was getting too close to Namjoon and Namjoon was being too comfortable around her.

She was scared to give her heart away again after she had managed to secure it away from the boy. She was tired but she still had to continue what she started. She had to make sure Namjoon reach home safely but him being too close to her, scared her beyond words.

"When will we reach our next stop?" Namjoon asked. Hyeri took some time to think and nodded turning to the boy.

"Four days including today." Namjoon's eyes widened.

"You're joking right?"

"You just said you can tell if I'm lying." Hyeri said with a giggle.

"That's too far away!"

"I know but then the last one should be relatively closer." She said as an attempt to cheer him up.

"So I have only around one week with you?" Namjoon asked as a sudden sadness washed all over him.

The biggest thing he dreaded the moment he started feeling weird around her was that one day he would have to leave. Leave the girl who had helped him in his hard times behind to suffer the penalty of eternity.

He dreaded it. Just a few hours without her were unbearable and he didn't know what he will do once he would have to leave Hyeri.

From what she told him, just like he had forgotten everything when he entered this world, he would probably forget everything again when he goes back.

But he couldn't even think about forgetting her, she had started to mean a lot to him, more than a savior or a friend or a partner. He wanted to remember her, be with her, look at her, hold her and hug her everyday for the rest of his life.