43

The morning was hard again for Namjoon but somewhat better than the last one. He was feeling a little dizzy and his headache was back.

He had seen a very weird dream where he heard the voice of that girl again who had been troubling him in the first few days when he woke up.

Although this time, her voice felt familiar, really familiar.

He had heard this same voice in the forest, his first test where he had to numb all his senses.

But moreover it's the voice that he hears everyday, it was Hyeri.

The voice that was initially haunted him was clear now, and it belonged to this girl who was right next to him all this time.

Brushing everything off, he looked around but Hyeri was no where. He sighed and sat up seeing the sun was going down.

He was still very affected by the dream but he couldn't do anything about it, not when he had to concentrate on his test now.

He was thankful that he wasn't feeling that tired or it would have been hard to get on with the day.

"You're up!" He snapped his head to the right and saw Hyeri coming towards him in a fast pace.

"Good morning." She said and sat next to the boy.

"Where were you?"

"I had never looked around this place so I was just walking and hoping to find something. But I found nothing." She said with a pout.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Namjoon asked.

"You're still weak and you have a long day ahead. I wanted you to have enough rest but you still woke up early."

"Habit." Hyeri nodded and gave him berries to eat.

"We should go there as soon as possible. We don't know how long it will take."

"We don't?"

"Well it depends on the man and you."

"You're scaring me and it hasn't even been long since I woke up."

Hyeri giggled and gave him one more berry.

"Don't worry. Just walk straight and don't do anything stupid. Come back in one piece." She said and gave him a pat on his head.

"One piece? Now why would you say that?" He asked as he took her hand off his head.

"I was joking." Hyeri said with a mocking smile.

"A really bad time to joke Hyeri!" Namjoon whined making her laugh more.

"I'm sorry. Look." She said and kept her hands on her ears, still laughing.

Namjoon smiled and shook his head in disbelief.

"Sometimes Hyeri, you're a whole new person."

"Huh?" She asked confused why he would say that.

"It's just a feeling. We should go now?"  Namjoon asked and she nodded.

"Don't think that I won't bring this up later." Hyeri warned before picking her bag up and securing it around her shoulder.

The walk was noisier than average with Hyeri cheering up the boy and Namjoon asking about things again in case he forgot something.

Namjoon was assured again and again he will do good but he feared that he'll mess up.

Soon they saw the big entry of the cave and the sign outside which read 'Think With Your Eyes Open'

"Are you ready?" Namjoon shook his head but Hyeri just smiled.

"I believe in you. I know you can do it so you don't have to worry about anything."

Namjoon smiled wearily and walked towards the entry of the cave.

"See you on the other side, Hyeri." He said.

"Hopefully." He added before stepping in.

Hyeri saw him disappear with a heavy heart and turned to go around the cave to wait at the exit but she felt a hand grab her arm and pull her into a hug.

"I'm sorry but I need this really bad." He said and pulled her closer as his grip tightened.

Hyeri's arms went around his torso to and her arms caressed his back as she spoke words of encouragement.

After a short minute, Namjoon pulled away and thanked her before going back again.

Everything happened so quickly that Hyeri was surprised and stood still.

Breaking from her trance, she smiled weakly and started walking towards the exit now knowing he was indeed getting too close.

Namjoon walked inside slowly and felt the door behind him close but this time he was feeling a lot more confident.

Hyeri's hug for him was an instant energy boost and he was living for it.

Each step he took, he felt it became darker but he was still able to see everything around him.

The cave looked surprisingly well maintained. He felt the ground within him less dryer than outside, something he felt when Hyeri took him to the spring and the lake earlier.

It indicated that he was indeed walking towards the water body.

The narrow area of the cave eventually ended and then he entered a wide area.

He remembered that he had to walk straight but it was really hard to keep track because a dark red fog had covered the ground up till his knees.

He now understood why Hyeri told him it would not be as easy as he had thought.

Although it was a little harder to walk, Namjoon was pretty sure he was walking correctly

As long he reached the lake and nowhere else he was fine.

He was supposed to cross the lake but it didn't matter from where as long as there was water.

Feeling the wetness beneath his feet increased, he knew that he was near. He didn't know how, but he had gained a burst of energy and was walking faster than he had started.

He did stumble once, but that was because he couldn't see the ground. Yet this minor setback didn't stop him. He was way too excited to get to the lake, to get yo it's other side and eventually get back to Hyeri.

The continuous movement of his legs came to a halt when he saw the mesmerizing sight right in front of him.

The feat felt like a climber's who had just reached the top of the mountain.