54

Namjoon felt extremely stupid.

He had violated one of the rules that Hyeri had put up. He had decided to walk through the night too, just to get as closer to the garden as possible.

How hard can it be to walk straight for a few hours even if you can't see anything? Namjoon learned this the hard way. Although, he tried to cover as much distance as possible in the daytime, he was still not satisfied and wanted to go a little further before giving up for the day.

But the darkness and silence were deafening. He could hear his breathing, his blinking and even his heart beat which he knew wasn't supposed to be that high.

He did his best to not make much noise while walking. Night was the favorite time for demons and hemelas. Hyeri had told him how these creatures have the best night vision and Namjoon was no risk taker.

He had a few couple of leaves in his hand, he popped one in every thirty minutes or so, just like Hyeri taught him to. He was grateful that he had at least something to keep him going.

He had only stayed up to witness the cold lonely night once but this was the first time he was going to have to do it alone.

He missed her. Although it had only been just about a day since Hyeri went in for her deep rest, Namjoon still missed her a lot. It was really hard for him.

All this time he had wanted to share Hyeri's share of responsibilities but he didn't know she was fighting fire with fire while he was standing in the other end of the stick.

She had been protecting him all this while and now that she could not do that anymore, Namjoon found himself in a room full of mirrors. Everywhere he turned he had to face the reality.

The nights changed for him so fast that the confidence with which he had set out in the morning was slowly being washed away by fear and insecurity.

There was no way he was a match for Hyeri, no matter what Hyeri told him about his life at home he wasn't that Namjoon anymore. This Namjoon was scared. Scared to mess things up for the both of them.

This Namjoon lacked confidence that Hyeri sung ever so sweetly about. The Namjoon she described was brave, smart, confident, bold and strong. But the Namjoon he felt inside him was weak, dependent and a liability.

But giving up was not any choice for him anymore. He had to go on even if it rained hell on him. That's what Hyeri wanted, for him to go home.

He remembered how she stressed that he had to go home without her, that it would be less stressful for him like that since Hyeri could take any number of days to wake up and she said that he should just complete his quest and leave.

But could never do that. Hyeri, without any doubt, will be scared when she wakes up. Her memory will be washed out and she won't remember anything except her name.

He wished he had enough time to leave her in the village, preferably with Larry but time was his biggest enemy.

In short, he couldn't leave Hyeri alone in this cruel world. Not when she had stuck around just for his sake, not when the whole reason he had came to that place. He knew that once he goes back home without her, nothing he did there would be worth it.

He couldn't leave her, no. Not when the reason Hyeri was in that place was because of his family's reputation. He could never do that.

His legs halted feeling that he had walked enough. Although it was dark, he had managed to make it to the roadside, thankful that he had not swayed away from his path.

He laid on the ground and exhaled sharply. It was a very tiring day and just in a few hours, another would start.

He had decided to not sleep in the night as he had no intention on missing on those sweet berries in case he overslept. But he also could not even close his eyes.

He wasn't sure about his surroundings and he was alone. Hyeri had always been there to comfort him but without her, he felt unprotected.

He felt like walking in the dark was easier than lying on the ground and having nothing to do, he felt pity for Hyeri who had to deal with all of this alone. Thoughts and fears speak in silence and he hated that.

He did his best to live through the night and was pretty satisfied by how far he had come.

Hyeri had explained him the pattern of trees and soil through which she determined how far a garden and lake is and he was more than thankful for it.

He was starving. They had been feasting on leaves for the past two days and it gave hardly the energy he needed.

He knew the sun was going to come up soon so he set out in the direction that he was sure he would find the garden and he did.

The beautiful place managed to steal his heart right away. He was in awe every time he came across these gardens which were full of life, opposite of what the universe he stood on was supposed to represent.

It showed him that no matter how bad the circumstances are, goodness will always find a way to make things less hard. The yin yang combination.

He waited for the sun to come up and as soon as he saw the first ray of yellow in the light red-ish sky, he started to pick out the berries.

In less than 10 minutes he managed to rip the place off, storing every berry he found safely in Hyeri's bag. Most of them were going to help Hyeri gain energy when she wakes up.

After bidding the sun goodbye he started heading towards the lake that was nearby.

A good bath in the morning before a delicious meal was always refreshing.

Vote please