16

Namjoon was relieved when he saw Hyeri a lot better than the previous night.

From what he heard Hyeri say when he was half asleep, they would have to walk a lot today.

Fresh information by her also meant that the next challenge was near and that it would not take more than half day to reach there.

His mind drifted off to the first challenge, the things he felt, the voices he heard were still haunting him, but he chose to not discuss it with Hyeri who was dealing with a lot by herself.

He was also scared for whatever that was to come next, very scared.

He still couldn't grasp that all of this was really real, that him and Hyeri were both unfortunately stuck in this hellish place.

"Namjoon will it be ok?" Hearing his name broke him off from his trance.

"Huh? I-I wasn't listening." He said rubbing his nape.

"I said that we'll try to get you through the challenge by the end of the day so that we can cover up for all the time that got wasted."

"By the end of the day?" He asked feeling more nervous now that she had said it.

"Yeah. It's more efficient and less scary if you don't have to think about it when you sleep."

"Believe me, I think about these all the time." Hyeri chuckled and linked arms with him.

"The next one is tricky and it took me a whole day to pass."

"Great now I'm more scared"

"Trust me, it took me a whole day so can spare you your precious time." He looked at her with gratitude.

The girl beside him wasn't just brave and strong, she was generous too.

"I can't thank you enough for everything you're doing for me." He said with a kind smile.

"You don't have to thank me at all." She said and returned the smile.

"If you feel like sitting or feel cold again, will you let me know? Or will I have to check your temperature every once in a while?" He asked as his palm touched her cheek, something he had been doing ever since he woke up.

"I'm ok now but I will let you know if I feel weird again."

"Is that a promise?" He asked to which she nodded.

"I promise." She replied.

Hyeri had a boost of energy when the sun came up, she didn't knew if she was well again or it was just the peace before the storm but she wasn't going to wait and find out.

"I was really scared last night, really lost and scared. I didn't know what to do to help you so you're prohibited to scare me like that again."

"Namjoon you helped me a lot, if it weren't for your sound, for you calling me, I would have fallen asleep. I was on the verge to sleep and you kept me up. I am very grateful for that." She said with a smile full of gratitude.

"Again, I wish you would have given yourself some rest but it's ok, I don't want to push you into doing something you don't want to." Hyeri smiled.

Both of them then walked in silence, with their minds wandering to different places.

Namjoon's thought jumped from the test that he had given before to the test he was about to give that very day. Hyeri had already told him that the difficulty level for the tests will increase as they clear the lower ones.

He didn't knew what was in store for him but he knew that he couldn't mess it up like he was doing before. He would now get only one chance to complete the challange, this was what scared him the most.

The only break they got during the day when Hyeri felt like someone was around them. She suggested that they should be off road for a few minutes.

Although Namjoon had not seen anyone ever since the morning he went berry-picking with her, he would never doubt Hyeri's words.

They sat behind a big rock for 10 minutes, gathering more energy as time passed and then finally setting off again.

But that was over an hour ago now, according to Hyeri, they were very near to their temporary stop and every new step that Namjoon too felt heavier than the last one.

"It will be ok Namjoon, be strong. You'll have to do this so thinking about it will only make it worse." She said picking up his reluctance to walk with her.

"I am not as strong as you are Hyeri, just thinking about it makes me weak even when you're with me. I can only imagine what you have been through all this time, doing all of this alone."

Hyeri turned and faced the gullible boy.

"Namjoon look at me," she said and he looked at her, "look I'm still here, no matter how I did it, I did it wrong."

"You have a chance Namjoon, to escape this. If you hesitate, if you let the feat become the bigger part of you, things will only get harder. So just believe in yourself, believe in me when I say that I'll do my best to get you out of there, believe in your galaxies." She gave him a sharp nod after her mend.

"I can do this." He whispered.

"I know you can." She smiled and gave him a pat on her back.

"Now I'm going to tell you a little about the next challenge ok?"

"Just a little?"

"Yeah, I can only guide you. You'll have to do it by yourself. You will have to prove that you're worthy to move forward." Namjoon gave a hesitant nod which she took as the invitation to continue.

"There is a universe, where greedy slums of the world end up." Namjoon raised up his brow.

"I thought this was the only place where people end up when they die in other universes."

"No, this is just the last tier of hell."