69

It was the fourth morning now ever since Namjoon had left Hyeri and now he was already on his way back to go to her.

He had slept like a baby the previous night. With the small amount of rest he had taken ever since Hyeri went to her sleep and endless running around, Namjoon was really exhausted and had fallen asleep the moment he had closed his eyes.

He felt extremely fresh in the morning. The good night sleep had really put him in a better mood. But the fact that he had completed the fifth task had put him on the cloud 9. He was beyond satisfied with how he had performed and he was sure that Hyeri will be happy for him too.

As he was walking back, he wished Hyeri was still resting and was safe from all the dangers.

He knew he had to use the similar strategy that he had use to get there. The was a lake and a garden that he had to stop by the next morning.

Namjoon kept Hyeri's sling bag close to him on his arms. It was on the brink of coming apart so he had to be very careful with it.

Inside it were berries and leaves, a few stones, the water container and few twigs. The big sharp stick was on his hand and he used it as a support to walk.

It felt nice to have something in both of his hands. It felt less lonely.

While walking he again tried remembering everything Hyeri had told him.

It was now time to focus on the work that Hyeri had started.

Her ultimate motive that she had hid from him when she told him about her decision to go there.

Present Namjoon couldn't even imagine how heartbroken the previous Namjoon must have been when he found out the real reason for the departure from his Hyeri.

He had almost begged Hyeri to tell him a cute story about him and her at their home planet. Although, he knew that Hyeri was on a brink of sleeping, he wanted to hear it.

This new Namjoon was in love all over again with the same Hyeri and he needed to understand how the old Namjoon reacted whenever he was around her.

She understood him. The thought that when she goes to sleep, the memories that they had made together will be all forgotten altogether and it stabbed her like a sharp iced weapon.

The love they had for each other was going to be erased and she believed that the new Namjoon would never understand how she really felt for him.

She did mention how much she loved him but Namjoon knew it was all for the much wiser and lovely Namjoon she had known when she was home.

She told him about how he had made the first move in their relationship.

It was Hyeri's last day in his class and as a departure gift, he had given her a riddle to solve.

It took Hyeri days to figure it out but when she did, she ran straight to his cabin and right into his arms.

I love you.

The simplest of them all. When Hyeri figured the riddle out, she was more than happy.

The man that she had secretly given her heart to, admired her back. Not just admired, he loved her.

That's when they had their first kiss too. Hyeri said it was the happiest day of her life, she felt completed. She felt at home.

All of this reminded Namjoon of the times Hyeri had hugged him every time she feared she was going to lose him. Or the times that Namjoon successfully completed the challenges.

He also remembered the time he had almost kissed her. Now he knew why it felt so right and so wrong at the same time.

He couldn't wait to go back home and start everything again with his amazing fiancé right beside him. Just the thought of it had brought a shy smile on his face. And it had also created a big hole in his heart. He missed her more now.

He missed her little face, her rosy lips that would refuse to lose its color even in the harshest conditions, her dark black logs that would make her look like some goddess under the sunlight, her witty talks that he would have a hard time to follow, her cute efforts to lie that he would very easily catch on and her endless support.

He missed them all.

He knew when Hyeri wakes up later, she will not be the same. She will lose herself and will probably be scared.

He was not prepared to lose her, but it had already happened.

Now all he had to do was be with her, teach her like he used to do when he was her teacher, return all the favors she had done for him when he was helpless too.

He had the next day planned too. He had to cover a lot of distance after gathering the berries and taking a long bath.

He was still covered with dried up mud but it didn't bother him in the least. He had completed the missions and nothing was more important Hyeri to him now.

He took his usual breaks, the only thing different about those was that the breaks were longer and worth it. After all, even if he hurried, the garden will just show up way before it gets dark and he will have to wait there till the next day.

Namjoon had a soft smile still lingering on his face.

With everything falling apart around him, he was sure everything will be alright.

Even if he was going to lose his memory again when he crosses the portal, he will again find Hyeri or Hyeri will find him again and they will end up together like they were meant to be. He believed this against all odds.

The two angels once bounded together will always find a way to be next to each other.

After all, Hyeri was his soulmate, his fiancé, his lover and his guiding light.