40

The day was almost about to be over and Hyeri could walk really better now.

She started with a limp but now it was almost gone and their pace was somewhat normal.

She felt relieved that her leg was going to be fine after all but the dried blood around the wound made it slightly uncomfortable for her to walk around. But that was the last thing on her mind.

The kiss that almost happened was still occupying her mind and she felt more frustrated as she wasn't able to scare her emotions out because the boy was right next to her.

She felt things that she hadn't felt for a very long time and the time itself was wrong.

She shouldn't feel such things or encourage Namjoon to feel these things too.

She wondered if Namjoon was thinking about it too but he wasn't.

He wasn't thinking about the almost kiss in general, he was thinking about his feelings.

What he felt was really strong, stronger than fear or anger he had felt for the girl in the past.

It warmed his heart for some reason and he liked it but he wasn't a fool.

He knew Hyeri was avoiding it and he thought it would be best to not act on something unless he was sure about his and hers place.

They both settled down after another tiring day with Hyeri complaining about how it would have been so much better if they kept the lamp.

It was soon very dark and both of them had lost their vision.

"Hyeri wake me up if something happens." He warned remembering what she told him the previous night.

"If it bothers you in the slightest, wake me up." He said and she nodded and even though he couldn't see her, he felt it.

Namjoon fell asleep immediately because he had stayed up the previous night too. Hyeri was now all alone with her thoughts again, struggling to keep her eyes open.

But she managed to do it for one more night. She wasn't sure how much her body will take more on before giving up but she hoped it can take enough, there wasn't many days left anyways.

She woke Namjoon up by shaking him slightly. At first he thought she was waking him up for an emergency but the bright light of the sky told him that the sweet resting time was over.

He sat up and rubbed his eyes as if he was trying to wake his senses up too.

His eyes directly fell on Hyeri's leg as she was standing in front of him.

"It doesn't hurt anymore." She said as she stretched her waist from left to right.

"Last night I had supported my leg on a rock so now its a lot better." Namjoon nodded and looked at the road where they had to continue walking.

"I feel so tired today for some reason." Hyeri gave a little pout and went to sit next to him.

"Here have some berries." She handed him some after taking them out of her container.

Namjoon ate the berries silently making Hyeri feel left out.

"What are you thinking about? Tell me what's bothering you." Hyeri said as she kept her hand on his hand.

"It's just when I was in there I couldn't recognise which animal belong to which universe. I was good with the rest four of them but I feel like I would have lost if the quiz was on those universes."

If Hyeri was sure about one thing, it was that she herself wasn't really sure which animal belonged to which universe.

Well she knew some but she was never interested in engaging herself in the flora and faunas of the world. And she knew that she wasn't from any of those universes and nor was Namjoon, so they didn't have anything to be worried about.

"Namjoon you still passed the test. You did it on your own and you made the best of the knowledge you had." She said patting his back where the disappearing scars rested.

"There's no point looking back at things that could have been different, not when we've successfully detached ourselves from it. The only thing we should do to be our best is go forward."

"You're being a philosopher again." Namjoon said with a smile.

"You speak so much Hyeri. I didn't mean that I'm upset about not knowing it then, I wonder if it's an information I should know for the future." He asked looking at her who was red from speaking non-stop.

"Everything I know about the two is what type of animals are kept there and who governs them and the laws. If you show me a picture of an animal, I won't be able to guess either." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"It's not something you need to know either. The questions in there were planned on who you are and your knowledge on things."

"You were right though, the place was phenomenal." He said making her smile.

"Can you walk or should we sit for more?" Hyeri asked seeing he was visibly tired.

"I can walk, we can't waste time." He said as he stood up.

"Tell me when you're tired." He nodded and pulled Hyeri up.

It was a different morning for both of them, but their path was still the same.

Hyeri felt the boy groaning more than ever and felt bad knowing that she could not do anything to help him.

Her best guess was that his body had stopped making new blood cells. She remembered the time when it happened to her.

She was weak and her body felt heavier than any rock she had lifted.

Although it took her two days to recover from that weakness, she hoped it would take Namjoon lesser time as he was stronger than her.

She felt bad, extremely bad. Her first thought was to feed him a lot of berries and tell him that he needed more sleep but she remembered that he had made her promise.

A promise to never lie ever again.