60

Beneath the big pot was a piece of paper.

Namjoon then tried lifted the empty pot but to his disadvantage, it was really heavy.

He dreaded that he will have to fill the pot and carry it all the way back but then he remembered that Hyeri had told him that it was the caskets that he had to fill to complete the missions.

Sighing in relief, Namjoon tried to lift the pot again but it was of no use.

He then thought of a different way. He tilted the pot to its side carefully and rolled it off the paper slowly.

He didn't know the penalty of breaking the pot but he was not going to find it out.

After getting the pot off the paper, Namjoon picked it up from the ground and dusted off the remains from the paper.

It was a map. He was going to have to hunt this thing down that would quench the thirst. Whatever it was.

The map was really detailed and Namjoon felt a little relieved that he was able to understand everything.

There were no writings on the map, just symbol and drawings.

Although Namjoon hoped that for a more subjective map, the one he had was still good. He would not have a hard time reading it.

The initial point from where the map started was the door. So Namjoon walked back to the door.

He then turned to face the land again. He lifted up the map and saw that he had to walk approximately fifty meters before turning at any point.

He then started walking, taking three long steps for each meter. When he reached the final meter, he looked at the map again.

All this while, he had made sure that he was walking on a straight line. To follow the map correctly, he had to do everything on it correctly too.

The map said that he had to walk for about a half of what he had covered while moving on his right.

Namjoon turned to his right and started walking again with his pace increased. He only had so much time in his hand and he wanted to get over with this relatively easy task as soon as possible.

After reaching the point he looked at the map again. It showed a tree with a carved trunk.

Namjoon looked around him but frowned seeing no sign of trees.

The whole place was barren, just like it was when he had entered through the door.

The frown still dancing on his face, he looked at the map again.

He knew he was on the right track but the lack of the sight of any tree confused him.

Instincts kicked and he turned the map that he was holding straight up all this while and what was there left him speechless.

It was the same map.

No.

It was the mirror image of the same map.

He was surprised to see the similar thing on the opposite side.

He then turned it back and forth, confused what to do now.

His best bet was that the ink used was so dark that it got imprinted on the other side of the paper as well.

Now all he had to figure out was which side was the front.

A little hope in him wished that he was on the right track and the map he had read before was the correct one but seeing that he probably was lost, he knew he was on the wrong one.

Thankfully, he had not walked away from the point where he had stopped a while ago. He almost had wanted to do that before to find the tree.

He looked at the map again and knew that he was running out of time.

Going all the way back will be stupid. He will waste a lot more time to cover those 150 meters again.

If he did that then he will have to walk and extra 150 meters to reach to the point where he is was already.

That's about 300 extra meters. He was in no mood to walk that much.

Looking at the map again, he decided another way.

It was a bit risky, but it was time efficient and he needed time to be on his side.

He turned 180 degrees and was facing the opposite from what he was facing a few seconds ago.

He then started walking.

If he walks for absolute 300 steps, he knew he should read reach the place where he could find the tree that contained the next clue.

He kept walking without stopping even once until he had walked till the middle of his initial journey.

Looking at his left, he hoped to see the door but his luck wasn't all that bright. The door was too small to be seen once you walk even a little away from it.

Sighing, Namjoon decided to walk further and without wasting any time, he started walking again.

He groaned in frustration. The only thought in his head was if he had looked at the map carefully, he wouldn't have to do this.

But then again, there was no knowing which side is correct if he had flipped it earlier. If anything, he had saved himself from being in a dilemma of choosing a side when he was in the edge.

Increasing his pace and still concentrating to walk straight, Namjoon covered most of the track when he saw it.

The tree.

Well it was not fully a tree, it had shed its greenery for what seemed like an eternity.

A sigh of relief left his mouth and he started to walk towards it.

But the closer he got to the first tree the more trees appeared. All dried up and shrunk. Namjoon felt it looked even more lonely than the barren lands.

With a line of restlessness on his forehead, Namjoon walked even faster, almost running he got to the first tree and check its trunk.

What seemed like the tree was just a tree, or it used to be.

Namjoon looked at the map again and then countless such trees in front of him.

He knew it was going to be next to impossible.

Please vote. And thanks for reading :D