39

Updates: Mon to Fri
Forgive me for my lack of consistency

Hyeri's mind kept going back to the soft moment she had spent with Namjoon a little while ago.

They were walking again after their short but quite long resting time. Her leg was once again attached on Namjoon's and this time he had changed his way of tying so now her leg was more free and secure.

Her body weight was still on Namjoon but he didn't complain, instead he took this time to make up for being a jerk.

He would randomly thank her for every little thing or compliment her way of doing things and it was doing wonders for Hyeri.

She felt really happy, as if her disheveled puzzle was now solving itself. She wanted this, she wanted this to last forever.

After walking for the next two hours, Hyeri noticed that Namjoon was getting really tired and she couldn't see him like that.

"Namjoon I'm tired and I think my leg needs some inactivity." She said with a pout that he couldn't resist.

It was either he missed it or it was a whole new Hyeri next to him, she looked extremely cute and Namjoon couldn't help but stare at her.

"Is there something on my face?" Hyeri said after they both were settled down.

"No. I'm just drawing your face on my mind so that I never forget you." He said and continued looking at her making a red hue appear on her cheeks.

"Stop!" She said as she gently pushed his face to the side.

He acted like he was pissed and playfully pushed her face too.

Hyeri gasped and flicked his forehead.

He was going for a flick too but she ducked down making him miss.

She started laughing with her head still down.

Namjoon grabbed her face with his palms and lifted it up making her gasp again.

He was already sitting very close to her and now her face was just inches away from his.

Her eyes were stretched out from surprise, she had beautiful big black eyes that were deep enough to pull him in. Her cheeks were squished by his hand and her lips parted enough to see her front four teeth.

Her nose was scrunched up cutely and Namjoon was lost.

His brain stopped working and he felt the dry winds around him stop.

He even felt Hyeri become a statue but maybe she really did from the sudden move.

His heart was pounding so much that he felt like it was about to come out off his chest and go inside Hyeri's little sling bag. He felt the need to move forward to stop his heart from leaving but Hyeri started wiggling taking him out of his trance.

"I-I w-we" she looked around to find words to say but she was speechless.

Namjoon wanted to speak something but it felt like Hyeri has taken his dictionary and thrown into a hot volcano.

Eye contact was out of question now as both of them were trying to ignore the other. What started from no red cheeks to two red cheeks was now four red cheeks.

Namjoon didn't know what he would have done if Hyeri didn't stop him.

It felt so new to him, this feeling of giving himself to another was new to him. But at the same time it wasn't.

A part of him felt like it knew what he was going to do and encouraged him. But there was no fibre in his body that was holding him back.

He was really ready to give himself to her. And he wasn't even sure if she was ready to take him.

He felt like he had initiated something that wasn't mutual.

Hyeri on the other hand was very affected. She was stunned. Her heart could win a racing competition if it participated. Her throat was parched up and she was lost.

She knew he was about to kiss her and she also knew that she would have kissed him back. The familiar feeling of being in his arms again was eating her up.

She felt at the doorstep of her home, her comfort place and she was scared that if the kiss happened, she will enter it and lose herself.

She was afraid to take that selfish side of her out knowing well enough that if she needed it very badly.

Her personal feelings had already cost her so much and she was not ready to lose anything.

She took a glance at Namjoon who was calmly freaking out, a sad smile crept her face knowing that she had to undo it.

She went ahead and cupped his cheek now, pressing it form an 'o' shape and shaking his face with a teasing smile.

"Don't mess with me." She said and ruffled his hair leaving him a mess.

"Now don't do that to my hair too it's already a bird's nest." She warned him before sitting back comfortably.

Namjoon whined at the sudden attack but obeyed her command.

"I think I can walk now, the pain is gone and you're tired." Namjoon opened his mouth to negate her but she stopped him showing her hand.

"No sir I'm not hearing anything now. I can walk, I can feel it." Namjoon sighed knowing she won't back off.

"Alright but if it pains, even just a little bit you will tell me."

"I will. And I won't be able to walk with a painful leg anyways so I'll have no reason to hide it." Namjoon nodded still unsatisfied by what she said.

"We should eat. We both need energy." Hyeri said and took her container out offering him two berries and eating two herself.

"You know when I woke up and you gave me berries and leaves to eat? I found you extremely weird."

"Really?"

"Yeah I tried eating the leaves but they're bitter so I are all the berries at once. And now I'm grateful if I can get even one." Hyeri smiled at his story.

"Ever since you showed up, I saved all the berries I collected for you."

"No one can make the sacrifices you made just for one person."

"Like I said, you're a special person."