38

With each right step Namjoon took, Hyeri put forward her left foot and Namjoon who had tied her right leg to his left one, basically carried half of her weight without complaining.

He figured he had been a little ruder than he had planned to be, but that was just because he was really upset with her.

But now he had decided to give her a break from his troubling attitude. He had already forgiven her mostly and now it was time to show that too.

They had been walking for more than an hour now and normally would go to around three hours of non-stop walking but Hyeri small groans were not missed by him.

"I think we should stop for a while." Namjoon suggested and walked to the roadside without giving her a chance to reply.

He carefully sat down along with Hyeri and untied the cloth that was keeping both of them together.

Hyeri exhaled in relief seeing her leg free.

"Can you feel your toes? I think the knot stopped the blood circulation. It's bruised up." He said examining her ankle.

"I can feel my toes and it's nothing, it's just a little mark from the cloth." She assured him.

Namjoon sighed knowing even if it was hurting her, she would not accept it.

"How is the wound?"

"It was not really deep. You don't need to worry so much about me."

"I want to worry about you. Someone has to." He said as he tried to keep her leg in a comfortable position.

"You are just wasting your time Namjoon. I'm holding you back."

"Do you want to be disliked by me that much?" Namjoon asked, now tired of her pestering.

"You dislike me?" Hyeri asked with a pout that she didn't even know had appeared.

"Not you. But a lot of things you do." He said as he scratched his own blue marks on his legs where he had tied the cloth.

Hyeri kept looking at it, scared that if she were to say anything, Namjoon would find that irritating.

Namjoon's looked at her and saw her her looking at his leg. He sighed before shifting next to her and taking her hand on his.

"How can anyone ever dislike an angel?" He said rubbing her palm, "if anything, you must dislike me for causing you so many problems."

"I don't dislike you Namjoon." I love you...

"I know you don't and now you know that I don't either so you need to stop worrying about this. I know I have been acting like a jerk but I won't anymore."

"You forgive me?"

"I do. For everything that you said in the past. But Hyeri I expect you to not lie to me anymore, ok?" Hyeri nodded, hoping the situation won't be too harsh on both of them.

"Namjoon?"

"Yes?"

"I need to see your back, could you take off your shirt for a while?"

"Why?" Namjoon asked surprised over her strange request.

"You remember the day when you woke up and I checked your back?" He nodded not sure where she was heading.

"Well there is a red spot that appears on your back due to pressure when you jump from one universe to the other. The scars then disappear slowly and once the scars have disappeared completely, you become a permanent citizen of the new universe." Namjoon gulped as he took in new information.

"Show it to me?" He nodded before taking his shirt off and turning his back to her.

Hyeri softly grazed her finger through the scar, a smile dancing on her lips.

"You have enough time for the last three challenges." She said and directed him to wear his shirt back.

"I thought I had 21 days?" Namjoon asked remembering everything that she told him.

"That's average. You have more than average!" Hyeri said excitedly, with a big smile on her face.

"Does that mean that I can spend more time with you here?" Namjoon asked as he turned to look at her again.

"No that means that my injury won't cause you any harm in terms of days. We have enough time even if we go slowly." He could see her relaxed face, a look he missed a lot.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" She asked.

"For doubting you. For questioning you."

"I would have probably acted way worse than you did." She tried to joke it off but he was serious.

"I was confused why I was acting like that because it felt really odd to me to be angry at you."

"Huh?" She was confused what he was talking about.

"I thought we were close Hyeri. I thought we were friends but do friends really feel this way when other lies to them?" Hyeri shifted uncomfortably.

"What are you trying to say Namjoon?" She asked him, her heart racing like crazy as it already understood where it was heading.

"I'm saying that friends don't become furious when you lie to them or hide things that can potentially harm you. They become a little angry but what I felt was equivalent to betrayal."

"So we are not friends?" Hyeri asked thinking that's where he was heading.

"No you stupid girl, leave it."

"Please tell me. I won't be at peace without knowing about it." Hyeri whined making him chuckle.

"And that's how I feel when you hide things from me." She scrunched her nose cutely and whisked her head to the side.

"Aw come on I was just messing with you." Namjoon said as he grabbed her arm lightly.

"We are friends Hyeri, I've already told you that. I just think that I feel for you is something people don't generally feel for their friends. You can have many friends in your life but I want to be someone special." He said as his arms were still locked with hers.

"You already are someone special in my life Namjoon. No one can replace you." Her heart spoke out as they made a very soft eye contact.