70

It had been a tiring day for Namjoon.

With the endless walking and no one beside him to talk to, Namjoon was tired out if his mind.

The same things that were repeating in his head days ago were still fresh in his mind and he was getting annoyed by the voices that spoke to him in complete atmospheric silence.

At one point, he was tired of listening to Hyeri's voice in his head too. Somewhere along his path, he had forgotten how she really sounded like and now a step-down version of her words danced around his head as a reminder that he still had a lot of things to do.

But it was ok, he thought. Hyeri was just a few hours away. He was really excited to see her again.

It had been almost a week since Hyeri went to her long sleep and a week was how long it usually took for people to wake up.

He remembered Hyeri telling how his case was different and she had almost lost him as his days were almost over.

In his thought train, Namjoon also thought about the things he will tell this new Hyeri.

Was she going to believe his stories? Will she be able to trust a stranger that she had just met in her bended mind? Was she going to reflect the trust that Namjoon had shown her when he was in her shoes?

He didn't know.

All he knew was that he was going to have to be with her. Help her understand things.

He remembered being helpless when his memory was in question. He remembered nothing except his name. Everything except that was blurry and it hurt him to think about things a lot.

The pain was unbearable. But it was nothing compared to the pain Hyeri had gone through when she was fighting her urge to sleep and risk washing her memories away.

Namjoon had learned a lot in these six days that he had to go through all alone.

He was truly amazed by how much he knew about things that he had no memory of and thought didn't exist at all.

He was capable of facing the world without anyone's help now but he still missed depending upon Hyeri.

Hyeri had told him that she was the one who used to depend on him earlier so the shifting of power was hard for her.

But for Namjoon, she had done an incredible job at handling a grown-up man and not giving up when things got hard.

It almost made him feel like he won't be able to survive independently but still he did.

He did it for his love. He did it for Hyeri. He did it to go back to his friends and family who were waiting for the both of them to arrive back safely.

Namjoon wished that there could be a way to tell them that he was alive and was doing well and if such system was possible, Namjoon would have never come after Hyeri and made things harder for her.

Namjoon could only imagine how he had felt when he hadn't heard from Hyeri for weeks.

Every second thought in his mind was Hyeri's. He couldn't wait to see her.

He had gathered a lot more berries two days ago where took a nice relaxing bath too.

The muddy clothes he had when he passed the test was now cleaned and though he had to wear the wet clothes for a few hours, it was all worth it now that he was going to see her soon.

Things were finally back on track like Hyeri had planned, the only setback was losing her memory but it was all alright now that Namjoon was heading back to her.

Weirdly, Namjoon took no breaks ever since he woke up.

Normally, by now he would be tired enough to take his second one but something about getting back to the shelter soon, made him quick on his feet and easy on his breath.

Soon, he saw the little shelter where his lover laid.

His legs automatically came to a halt. He had been away from her for so long that it felt like a moment he should appreciate and not rush into.

Slowly advancing towards the shelter, he again prayed that Hyeri was still asleep.

His palms got sweaty and weird.

It was as if he was going to meet her for the very first time.

He slowly walked towards the shelter and pulled the door open.

There she was, his Hyeri. But not how he had thought she would be.

His eyebrows immediately furrowed and heart softened to see Hyeri sitting on the ground with her head buried in her knees.

His Hyeri was awake. She was awake and safe.

He was really glad that she hadn't kicked in her explorer mode yet or it would have been hard to find her if she had walked away from the shelter.

"Hyeri?" He called out for her softly.

The girl in front of him jerked her head up when she heard her name.

Hyeri was the only thing she knew.

"Hyeri are you alright?" Namjoon asked with the sweetest voice ever.

He knew how much scared she was, he had been in her shoes as well.

"Hyeri?" He called for her again but the girl didn't move.

"I-" she said as she looked at his feet.

"I am Hyeri." She said as she fiddled her fingers which Namjoon found very cute.

"Hi Hyeri. I'm Namjoon." He said as he slowly made his way towards Hyeri.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"Namjoon. I just told you." He said with a fake chuckle.

"I don't know you." He felt a sharp pain in his heart when she said that.

No matter how much he had convinced himself that he was ready for anything, he could not see his soulmate forget about his existence.

He then noticed her face. It was all puffed up and her eyes were red.

"You were crying." He said, so desperately wanting to stroke her cheeks but he held back.

"I am scared." She said with a small pout.

Namjoon looked at the untouched berries in the corner and sighed.

He was going to have a harder time with the girl than he had imagined.

Potatoes are overrated hmph