81

Hoseok found himself waiting for his friend again.

A bigger part of him was waiting for Hyeri as well but he was never going to admit that.

Not when she had given herself to his brother like friend.

He just wanted to see her safe, both of them. He wanted them to come back and create a future together that they had always dreamt of.

"Here again young man?" He recognized the voice as Namjoon's father.

"You've been coming here almost every day. Is this your new usual jogging area?" He asked with a smile that meant more than greetings.

"Hello Mr Kim. And no, I've been waiting for my friend." He said and looked at the portal.

"You know it very well that she probably has only a few days left if none right?" Hoseok looked at the man.

"Yes I do. What about it?" He asked him.

"Do you remember that one dinner that you had with us and Hyeri?" Hoseok knew which one he was talking about.

It was an introduction dinner that Namjoon had held to announce his engagement to Hyeri. He was devastated that day, it haunted him.

"I know you like her." Namjoon's father told him.

"That girl is full of charms. It's hard to not like a top-level angel."

"You don't. And I don't either." Hoseok said and looked at the portal again.

"You can lie all you want but you can't deny that you're here for her."

"And what if I am here for her? She only had Namjoon but he's not here. I am only doing what a good friend does."

"A good friend doesn't think about his friend's girl, Hoseok. Anyways, I'm here to offer you a deal."

"What deal?" Hoseok asked, too eager to brush the man off from his shoulder.

"If the girl returns, I want you to take her far away from my son." He said shamefully.

"What?"

"Both of them won't remember anything if they don't bring back the spear part and I'm sure they won't find it. It will be easy to break them apart."

"I will do no such thing."

"Cool down boy. It's just a deal not an order. But think about all the good things that will happen from there." He came closer to Hoseok.

"You can stay away from Namjoon. If they don't meet, their souls will never unite and will forget about each other completely. You can have Hyeri and

I can have my son back." Hoseok moved away from the man.

"You're a very filthy person."

"I might be. But just think about how your life will be once you have her. I'm sure you know how to treat a lady nicely." Namjoon's father gave a devilish smile and walked away.

"Such a filthy person that man is." Hoseok muttered and looked at the portal again.

He believed that both of them will return. He trusted them.

But the offer still felt so tempting to him, even for someone who was supposed to be a high rank angel.

Namjoon tapped his foot on the white marble floor.

The place was so white that staying in it for more than just a few minutes made him crazy.

It was perfect, a little too perfect.

Like the kind that always hide imperfections.

He had been waiting for Hyeri for a very long time now. It hadn't been an hour since he saw her last but he knew that it was close to being an hour.

He was scared. Every minute was hard for him. Waiting wasn't something he was very good at and he had proved it time and again.

His mind was making conclusions that didn't even make sense to him. He was still extremely hurt by this very big thing that Hyeri had hid from him.

He was lost in his thought so he didn't notice the gate open at first.

But when Hyeri walked in, he immediately ran after her.

"You're here!" He said and she gave him a small smile.

"I think I am done with the mission." Namjoon's eyes went on the box she was holding.

"Great! Now you have to keep the casket from where you picked it up earlier." Hyeri nodded and looked at the table.

She slowly went towards it and kept the casket exactly on the place where she had picked it from.

She moved back to where Namjoon was.

"Is this it?" She asked but Namjoon didn't reply.

He was looking at the casket, wanting it to disappear and remove his recently newly instilled fear.

Soon, the outline of the casket started disappearing.

Namjoon turned to Hyeri and pulled her in a big hug.

"You did it!" Hyeri stood still for a second. She looked at the casket but it was gone now.

Hesitantly, she hugged the man back and listened to all the sweet and encouraging words he had to say.

"You were great in there."

"You're the strongest person I know."

"I am so proud of you."

Hyeri felt warm all over her face. The affection he was showing felt so pure that she wanted to swim in the reality of it forever.

She was afraid that she had crossed the time limit and failed the test but that wasn't it. She really did it.

"What next?" She asked after pulling a little away from him, still in his arms.

"You need some time to rest." He said pulling completely away.

"Is it ok if we rest outside? I don't like being here anymore." Namjoon gave out a short chuckle and nodded.

The place now repelled Hyeri too.

"So what did you do in there?" Namjoon asked curiously.

"I had to climb a very large tree with so many fruits." He listened carefully.

"At first I didn't see the mysterious tree had many varieties of leaves and fruits bu- what?" She asked after seeing Namjoon looking at at her lovingly.

"Nothing. I'm just really happy and you happen to be the reason." She looked away shyly.

"So you're telling me that you can climb a tree?" He asked opening the big door.

"Yes! And oh so easily. I didn't know I could do that! Wait, you're doing it again!"

"Doing what?" He teased her.

"Looking at me like that! Don't do that!"