62

Namjoon had had his rest. He was now currently trying to find his third mission.

There were two caskets in his left and one in his right as he stood in the middle.

Like earlier, he ghosted his hand above the caskets as if trying to find which one he should pick.

He then went to the one which was in the middle of the other two and picked it with hesitancy. Making choices was not his cup of tea.

He opened the empty casket and closed it again, well aware of the customs. He turned the box and saw the beads leading to a full sentence.

He read it aloud, "Fill me with the blood of the monster lying within."

Namjoon raised his brow for this strange mission.

Monster? Hyeri had assured there wouldn't be any for this challenge. That this one was going to be clean.

It scared him a little seeing the word monster. He wasn't ready for any kind of trouble.

Hesitantly, he advanced towards the door and knocked on it. The door let him inside the strange shifting world again.

As soon as Namjoon stepped in, he felt his world spin. There was a huge wave of light and then it was gone.

Namjoon took some time to adjust to the light. After a while everything was clear.

The place he had entered was dark but he could still see everything clearly as there was lamps burning all around the place.

He walked in more, mesmerized by the strange place. It was nothing like he had seen before.

The place was rocky, big greyish rock on his side and small pebbly road that was tingling his bare feet.

He went to the nearest lamp and touched it softly, it reminded him of the lamp he had used to complete one of the tasks earlier. It also reminded him how beautiful his Hyeri looked under the shadow of the light, how it was their first time being so intimate.

Hyeri. He remembered why he was there.

Immediately coming back to the road, he read the casket again.

He had to find a monster or something that resembled to a monster and fill the casket with its blood.

It was going to be a lot of blood considering the casket was big, that amount of blood no human will be willing to donate to him let alone a monster.

He will have to put up a fight and win it to complete the mission.

The path on which he was standing was a clear depiction that he had to walk on it to go to his destination so without a second thought, he started walking on it.

The big rocks were all similar to each other. There was nothing natural about them. They had been kept there manually and Namjoon wondered why.

It looked like a cave. A cave that was not carved but created.

Keeping his thoughts from running wild, Namjoon kept walking.

The only thought in his mind was where this monster was and how he would get its blood.

He would ask, that was his first option, a harmless one.

If the monster willingly helped him, he will be more than happy.

But if things got a little out of control, Namjoon trusted his world.

You could call it as a blind trust as Namjoon remembered nothing of his world, but he still believed that he won't get fatally harmed.

The worst that can happen will be him losing the mission and going back to Hyeri as a loser.

And man did he dread that. He was in no mood for losing.

He advanced towards the endless cave, hoping that he would find the monster and return back in time.

When he got a little further, he felt something change.

The air around him was different, it was colder and quieter.

The silence was deafening. He felt it as a sign that something wasn't quite right but he still kept walking, fearing and cheering that he was near the said monster.

He then felt the light from the lamps dimming.

Before him, the road had almost disappeared because of the darkness.

He looked at the last lamp on sight that was still burning and decided to take it with him.

He went towards it and took it off with ease, thankful that it was still burning.

But as soon as he took it off, the lamps behind him went off.

First the road ahead was bathing in darkness but now the entire place was.

Namjoon felt scared. His fear of darkness was being used against him and he felt insecure.

The lamp on his hand was burning brightly but it wasn't enough. If the monster was around him, he won't be able to see it until it would be too late.

Gulping his fears down, Namjoon went back to the road again. The lamp was on his right hand while his left one held the casket securely.

He could not really see that far, but he was glad he had at least something.

He kept walking for a few minutes until he saw something strange.

Up until now, the place was repeating itself but now there was a board out of nowhere on his left.

Curious, he deviated from his path again and walked to the board.

The nearer he got, the better look he got of the board. There was something written on it.

Beware. Do not go in there. Do not wake the monster. Retreat!

The board held a warning, He was on the right track.

It also said that the monster was sleeping. This made things a little better but the fact that this monster actually existed, made him feel horrible things.

He was terrified more than anything and he wanted to get done with this as soon as possible.

There was an arrow on the edge of the board. It pointed to a little path that was connected to the road he was walking on.

This was it. He had got that far and he had to finish this mission so he could go back and finish the last two as well.

Taking a deep breath, he advanced towards the small path.

We are bulletproof