56

Namjoon was walking like an aimless soul. Although he had not taken enough rest before starting again, he had more energy than the previous day from the courtesy of those ripen berries.

His mouth on the other hand was dried up even if he had drunk gallons of water in the morning. He hadn't spoken a single word ever since he left Hyeri, he didn't find any use to do that. He was trying to save as much energy as possible.

He would reach his destination by tonight but he would have to wait till the next day to enter the place where the test will be conducted.

It wasn't wise to enter that place in the little time he would have in his hand before it got dark even though Hyeri had assured that it was a test where there will be no demons.

Demons. Namjoon was scared for Hyeri. He knew how much the demons hated her and stalked her back when she was in the village.

Even though Hyeri had assured that she will be safe, he could not help but be worried. He wanted to go back to her as soon as possible. He wanted to protect from all the evil in the world but he also had to complete the task to get them out of that cursed place.

Hyeri had briefed him about the last two challenges and Namjoon kept trying to make himself prepared.

The next challenge, he will have to do manual labor. There will be few caskets in front of him, about five, and he will have to finish going through all of them within five hours, one hour for each casket.

At first, he didn't think it was something particularly hard but Hyeri assured him that it will be harder than anything he had experienced before.

He knew she had not intended to scare him in anyway and all she wanted to do was prepare him and he honored that. He was done with Hyeri sugar-coating everything for him and liked that she was completely honest with him before giving in.

The tasks would be hard and he had to do it. There was no maybe or no. He had to give his best no matter how difficult it got. It was all for his freedom, for Hyeri's freedom and for Hyeri's quest.

He was all up for it. Fear had little to no place in his heart and his soul was raging, half from learning the truth and half from determination.

Anger is the best driving force they say.

He wasn't sure if he could do it all but he absolutely had to complete the fifth task and return to Hyeri. It was his resolution, one that he meant to keep.

One thing he figured out in these days was that the voice in his head that he heard in his initial days in the place was Hyeri's herself.

He felt like a fool for not recognizing it soon enough. Hyeri was with him this whole time and yet he couldn't match her voice with the one in his head.

It was when he had to leave a sleeping Hyeri behind, everything became clear to him. Hyeri was the girl in his mind when he woke up and maybe his heart was trying to tell him that all along.

The girl he loved ever so madly, the girl he had almost lost his life for, was next to him all this while.

And she knew. She knew it was him, her Namjoon. She chose to not confuse him any more than he was.

Personal relation was the last thing she wanted to deal with.

But she still showed him in many ways that she loved him. She starved for him, guarded him, guided him, comforted him, stood tall for him, supported him and believed in him. No stranger will ever do all of that for someone who jumped to hell on purpose.

His purpose. Hyeri.

All this time he was worried about going back. That he will have to forget the girl. That his purpose will never be fulfilled but never in a million years he had thought about his purpose being the girl he was worried he will leave behind.

It was so ironic. He knew he must have been madly in love with Hyeri for taking that big of a step.

But then again, even after losing his memory, he still fell in love with Hyeri.

A whole new Hyeri, who had the entire world on her shoulder.

The Hyeri that he had first fell in love with was a determined scholar who had strong willpower and wanted to learn about everything out there.

But the Hyeri he fell in love with after losing the memories her was the great Hyeri.

That title alone and the story behind it, the struggles she went through to keep that name was more than all of his prestigious awards combined.

Hyeri had told him that she had always felt inferior in front of Namjoon when they were back at home but now, he felt like he was no match for the girl.

She was God and he was her disciple.

He did everything out of her wisdom.

But the difference in level was too much for him, he felt like the Namjoon that he was in that moment didn't deserve her.

So he had to do it. His reasons were not as pure as Hyeri's who wanted to put things right for all the worlds but they were of selfish kinds.

He wanted to save himself and Hyeri. He wanted to at least be a little close to be equal to Hyeri.

He wanted to be worthy to have her. She was above him now and he feared when they got back Hyeri will be tired of the crybaby he had been all this while.

His legs came to a halt seeing the big building's top.

He was almost there and as per Hyeri's instructions, he was supposed to spend the night right there where he stood for being too close to the place could be dangerous.

Sighing, he dragged his legs to the roadside fearing the darkness will break all his determination