86

The guard outside the giant door stood still.

Although he had maintained a neutral face for most of his career and hadn't cracked a smile for decades, Hyeri had managed to break that streak.

She back to him, all smiley and told him that she was ready now, se was ready for the last challenge.

He had never seen anyone less determined than her earlier but now she seemed more than ready.

There was a big smile on her face like she had achieved something that she was striving really hard for.

The guard moved away from the door once again and Hyeri immediately skipped in, but before completely going in, she wished him a nice day.

That was the first time someone had said that and it made him happy.

He smiled and hoped that she would successfully go back home safely.

Hyeri, who had a big smile before, became unusually quiet again after getting inside the place.

She had to be emotionally intelligent in order to pass the last challenge. That meant that she had to be very wise with her feelings.

She had to make sure she didn't make any decision based on how she was feeling. She had to do things just based on their righteousness.

Hyeri followed the white marbled track that reminded her of the dome she had been inside a few days ago.

Soon she saw a reddish light where the marble ended. At this point she was more intrigued than scared.

She wanted to know what was in there. She slowly walked towards it and was amazed by what she saw in front of her.

Namjoon was still standing where Hyeri had left him several minutes ago. He was still stuck in that moment when she was in front of him. When she told him that she hated him but her actions said otherwise.

He had been smiling too, like a mad person. He felt extremely happy.

In another universe, with a fresh new mind, Hyeri still fell in love with him like he did.

It gave him a new burst of confidence.

Now with Hyeri back on track to go home, Namjoon wanted his turn to be as soon as possible too.

He wanted to find the spear as soon as possible but he knew he had to wait there till the next day, just in case Hyeri returned.

It was wrong to doubt her, and he didn't. Hyeri was way more capable than him and he admitted that with his whole heart.

But then he couldn't deny the possibility of her coming back either.

If, if Hyeri couldn't pass the test, she will look for him and Namjoon wanted to be present in the first place her eyes went at.

Hoping for the best while preparing for the worst was Namjoon's motto.

He went back to pick up the bag that he had dropped earlier hoping the few berries in there were still in good condition.

"Welcome," Hyeri heard a voice and clutched the hem of her shirt when she didn't see anyone.

"Hyeri. You have made it this far. Congratulations." She heard the voice say.

"Who are you?" She demanded but the voice just laughed.

"It doesn't matter who I am. What matters here is that this is your last day here as a temporary residence and you are here in an attempt to go back to that beautiful universe where my family had once thought to build our future in."

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh Great Hyeri, it's a pity that you have lost your memory. I was looking forward to meet you. I had my eyes on you from the moment you came to my world." Hyeri felt weird. The voice was really annoying. And she didn't like how he talked about watching her.

"Are you going to keep hiding from me?" She demanded.

"I don't want to. But I don't think you will like how I look. After all, you have lost all memories of seeing our kind."

"Your kind? Are you a monster?" There was silence for a few moments but then she heard him laugh again.

"A monster? I sure am miss."

"I don't care. I am here for the challenge."

"As you wish." She heard a rustling of things before catching a shadow that was advancing towards her. Soon she saw the whole of the said monster.

Hyeri forgot how to breath in that moment.

All that fear that she had pushed aside was now crawling back at her.

"I'm ugly, aren't I angel?" She felt disgust when he addressed her like that.

"I don't like you angel and so I want to keep you here in this world with me." Hyeri looked at him, confused on what he wants to say.

"There's only sadness here. Dark cold days, darker colder nights. I want to keep you here to eternally remind you how much I have to suffer every day, how much I have been suffering since forever."

"Why me?"

"It's the pleasure to see you struggling that gave me the little joy I had not experienced in years."

"Are you trying to say that you not let me leave?" She asked, wanting to know what the demon in front her wanted.

"Oh, I can't stop you from leaving. And frankly letting you stay here will not be that fun if your lover is here too."

"No, you can't do that."

"Oh but I will. I hope you have enjoyed that last moment you had with him because I will make sure there will none anymore."

"You can't do that!" She repeated, feeling herself get weak under the demon's gaze.

"I don't think you have a say in that little angel." The monster gave a dirty smile and pushed Hyeri inside a frame.

Hyeri screamed but soon felt her scream disappear too.

She was in a vacuum. She was inside the portal.

She tried to struggle but her body was moving on its own.

That is when she realized there was no last challenge. The lowest universe had not made one.

It all depended on the demon she had met. It was all up to him.

She had to tell that to Namjoon. She had to save him. But she wasn't able to do anything but fall deep into the universe.

But then she saw it, the light.