7

Don't worry, GO

"Namjoon, wake up. We need to leave." A low grunt left his mouth as he sat on the ground, rubbing his eyes.

Unlike the morning before, it was not dark when Hyeri woke him up.
W
"You sure sleep a lot." She said and offered him some berries.

"Thanks." Namjoon grabbed them and popped them inside his mouth.

"I like to think that other worlds have more than just berries and leaves to eat."

"Maybe. But you can eat more here too."

"Like?"

"Flesh, souls and drink blood."

"Pass." He said swaying his hand left and right.

"Well some people do start with berries, but it is said that the others satisfies your hunger more. And if we're talking about the wrongs here, people from other universes eat animals like they're berries."

"What are you trying to say then?"

"That it is our perspective that decides what is wrong and what is right for us. And in the same path, we end up judging others for not following the rules that we made for ourselves."

Namjoon sighed, staring at the sun that was out for a little while now.

"What is it?"

"I really want to remember why I am here. Before I have to leave, it doesn't make sense for me to be here without any reason." Hyeri hummed and looked at the sun too.

"It is said, that the ancestors here didn't acknowledge how great sun and all the other entities are. And they kept on wasting all their resources, to an extent the Gods were angry and took away all the blessings for survival, leaving us with a theory of hell."

"I don't understand."

"What?"

"Why am I here?" Hyeri sighed, knowing somehow his mind would not really get out of the question.

A million dollar question.

"Let's hope you remember in the next 9 days we have, but right now, we need to head out."

Hyeri got up from the ground and offered her hand.

Namjoon looked at the long road that didn't end anywhere soon and back at the sun that was fading away.

"It is not impossible Namjoon. The ground is limited and time too but it is not impossible."

Namjoon nodded and held her hand, standing up too.

"It is around 4-5 hours of walk till we reach our first destination."

"4 to 5 hours?"

"Yes. So we should set out now."

Namjoon nodded as he saw Hyeri picking up her sling bag and signaling him to follow her.

Namjoon felt like he was never this unsure of doing anything. But seeing Hyeri be so spirited for something that she would not gain benefit from, gave him a little bit of confident, enough to get him started, for a short while at least.

"Hyeri is it ok if I ask questions for a while?" Namjoon asked while rubbing his neck shyly, a habit of him as Hyeri observed.

"Ok. But just a few, it makes me thirstier." Namjoon nodded enthusiastically.

"Well?" Namjoon hesitated but asked his question.

"If souls live here forever, then why is this place so barren?"

"I don't know for sure, but after living for a long time, souls here get tired eventually, and sacrifice themselves to demoises."

"Understandable. Living forever is bothersome."

"Curses and punishments are supposed to be bothersome."

"How long has it been since you came here?"

"I came here about 20 days before you I think. The days are getting mixed up like crazy." Hyeri said with a hint of sadness.

"Oh, did you, well, never mind." Namjoon cursed at himself mentally for almost asking an insensitive question.

"I did try. But gave up eventually because I didn't know anything about here. Now I am suffering in ways I don't want you to suffer."

Namjoon felt grateful, more now than ever. But he felt pity too, she didn't deserve this. If anything, she belongs to the same place where he is from, hypothetical heaven.

"Now don't make the atmosphere all gloomy. I came here by my own will and couldn't go back. It's all on me."
Everything is my fault. I am sorry.

"This is absurd. There has to be another way."

"Even if there is, it's worthless to think about that right now, when he already have a mission to complete, to get you home."

Namjoon didn't say anything after that, he had no words at all. He looked at Hyeri again who was looking ahead.

Taking some time to observe the girl again, he noticed she had a necklace that looked something like a leaf but not a leaf.

"That is a beautiful pendant." Hyeri's hand immediately went to cover the necklace protectively.

"Y-yeah I like it too."

"Do you remember what it symbolizes?"

"I think a plant." Hyeri said and hid the necklace behind the vest of her dress.

"It is weird for people to have plants as a necklace.

"Not really. It just depends on what the person likes. Some people think it is fine to walk on hell for their lovers but others just find it weird." She said while looking at him.

"Just like berries and flesh."

"You were listening?"

"I hear every single thing. Everything that you have said to me ever since I woke up, I remember them all. Maybe because my head is empty right now?" Namjoon joked but Hyeri seemed like she was thinking something.

"What is it?" Namjoon asked.

"Do you still hear the voices in your head?"

"The girl's voice? I do. But I don't understand anything. Just her calling my name repeatedly." Namjoon sighed and Hyeri hummed.

"She must be very special to me. Her voice screams special."

"Stop flirting with the voices in your head, it's weird." Hyeri said with a short-lived laugh.

"That does not count as flirting." Namjoon retorted.

"I can't think of anything that is flirtier than your words."

"Somehow I can't either." Namjoon said making Hyeri laugh again.

"Oh it had been days since I laughed like this. My heart burns." Hyeri said in between her laughs.

"Hyeri, what is that?" She looked up to see a huge mountain's tip.

"The place where you will be tested first."