28

Since most of the day was almost over when they got out of the place, and Hyeri was emotionally so exhausted that her legs were still stiffened, both of them decided to stay at one place till the next sunrise and rest.

It wasn't a problem for Hyeri because according her plan, this was the day that she gave Namjoon to the task and since it was all done, they could rest for a while.

Although Namjoon suggested staying right outside where Hyeri had spent the previous night, Hyeri insisted on going a little far so that the sore sight of the majestic property would not reach her tired eyes.

She didn't wished to look at the place any longer, so they walked a bit far until the peak of the infrastructure disappeared before sitting down in the roadside.

Namjoon looked at Hyeri who was dusting the space around her as a habit, still hesitant on how he should ask everything that was troubling him.

"I can't tell you everything Namjoon." She simply answered when he confronted her earlier about her lying.

"Just know that everything that I do, I do to keep you safe." She added. It made him feel inferior, like he would always be lesser than what she was that day.

She was someone special, not just for him but for all the people she stood up for and stood against too.

Whereas he was just a trouble maker.

Hyeri smiled after removing dirt around her and sat on the cleaned dirt which he found was useless anyways because the dirt would come back with the wind but she still liked it clean.

"You must be so hungry!" She said dishing her little twig container and taking some berries out.

She handed him a lot to which he raised his brow.

"We'll run out of it soon this way," he said taking a few and keeping the rest back.

"Don't worry, there should be a garden near here. You need to eat them a lot to make up for your lost energy." She said with a smile.

Namjoon reluctantly took some more and munched them, feeling his stomach be finally satisfied after days of being on a diet.

Hyeri then packed everything back and looked at the sky that was starting to get darker by minute.

"You should sleep Namjoon, we have a long day of walking again tomorrow." She said laying on the ground.

"Will you sleep too?"

"I can't." She replied softly, "but watching you sleep with peace gives me energy."

"You sound like a creep." Both of them  laughed and be found himself laying beside her too.

"Have I said thank you to you today?" He asked laying on his side, looking at her.

"Yes you have if I remember correctly."

"But it's not enough, it will never be enough." He said with a pained smile.

"Your are ruining this with your frown, this is our victory, as much yours as it is mine."

"You're really good with words Hyeri." She giggled and turned to look at him too.

"Tomorrow, let's go to a lake nearby before setting for our journey."

"I thought there were no lakes here except for that spring." She looked at him with an expression that made it almost look like she was embarrassed.

"I lied, there is one near every garden." She said looking away from the man who was glaring at her.

"So the days when you just disappeared, you went to drink water?"

"No Namjoon I promise I haven't had a drop of water ever since you woke up."

"Why?" He asked softly, now his hands playing with the edge of her hair.

"How could I? I was keeping you in thirst ever since you woke up, the guilt was too much for me."

"The only problem I have right now is that I'll never know if you're lying or saying the truth because you are very good at lying." He said as his hands left her hair.

She formed a little pout not knowing what to say next. She had not thought how bad it would be if Namjoon found out about her little convenient lies that she had frames just to make his path more clearer.

"I'm sorry. You can believe whatever you want to but go to sleep now, it's already almost dark." She pointed out and turned to face the other side.

"I will awake you up before sunrise." She mumbled hoping he would hear her.

This night was definitely better for her even if the boy next to her was sulking, it was so much better than the previous night when she had cried her emotions away.

Namjoon, who was still fully awake felt Hyeri shift again and soon her hot breath could be felt all over his face.

"I'm really sorry," she whispered, probably thinking that the boy was asleep.

"I'm sorry doe everything, for each wrong step I took, for each lie I told you, for each little thing that I hid from you." He heard her sniff indicating that she was crying now.

"I might have to do it again, hide things from you and such things. It's because the truth, it's so much bitter. I don't want you to hate me, I can walk on fire, drown on the deepest water, disappear in thin air but I cannot see hatred on your face for me."

She said now palming his face.

"I'll get you out of here, safe. I promise you. My promises are real." She felt crazy talking to a sleeping boy but she really wanted to say it out loud, even if he never listens to it.

But he did.

And now his mind was running crazy. Not just his mind, he felt incredibly weird in his stomach and heart.

A part of him wanted to open his eyes and pull Hyeri in a hug and tell her that everything will be alright.

But a bigger part held him back, he really needed to think everything over before doing anything. His mind was becoming a mess, just like hers.