92

Namjoon didn't know how he ended up there.

But he counted himself very lucky.

There was a little chance in hell that he came across these people who were so aggressive and yet so helpful.

And yet he did. He was thankful and relieved.

They were not really that bad like he had earlier thought but they were not entirely good either so he had to watch everything he told them and control everything he did in front of them.

He hid his identity, in the start it was a voluntary response to their questions but now he was somewhat relieved that he had not told them who he actually was.

He was also aware that the pele in front of him might not have told him who they really are as well.

Currently Namjoon was in a shelter. It was big enough to hold four people comfortably but with them being five and Namjoon bring the six one, it was a little crowded.

Resulting, one man and the woman of the group were sitting outside.

Namjoon learned that these people carried this little tent with them everyday along with food and water.

"It doesn't matter if we are here bounded forever. What matters is that we are here bounded forever." Was one of the man's statement when Namjoon asked him about their way of living.

It made sense. They were chasing for fun, for some action, for a way out from their usual boring route.

Namjoon saw the man who went outside come inside.

"I hope we find him soon." He looked at another man who was visibly uncomfortable.

"It was his fault for not listening to what I had to say." The man said.

"But it was our code of conduct. We never leave one of us behind if he is alive."

"We do not know if he is alive at this point. He chose this for himself."

"I see how you'll act when rest of us will fall apart even if by choice." With that the man stormed off.

Namjoon looked at the other two men who just shrugged it off, clearly not wanting to tell Namjoon of their inside matters.

Namjoon couldn't learn their names though. That was because they didn't use their names.

They told him that using names created a certain affection that they had no wish to engage to.

They also did that to seem cool, as one of them had told him. And it did sound cool.

They took the name where they ended up in the place and chose to be associated with that.

Luckily for them, none of them had similar year of falling. He guessed they kept the name after ruling the fact that no names will be repeated.

The girl then came in and pointed at the man in fury.

"You, you will be sleeping outside since there isn't enough place here."

"The other tent was with 03. And it is kind of your fault so I nominate you and the stones man to sleep outside." She said and raised her hand.

"All in favour of me show support." Namjoon saw four hands go up.

It was an easy democracy.

The man grunted and stood up.

"We take turns to sleep outside. No way in hell I'm doing that every day." He said before storming off.

"You don't have a problem, right?" One of them asked Namjoon.

"No. I've been sleeping outside my whole life here." He said with an awkward smile.

"That settles it then." She said and sat where the man was initially sitting.

"I really don't understand why he had to leave 03 like that. We could have waited for him. He must be really unprotected."

"He can take care of himself. He knows we will move north so I am sure he will meet us there."

Namjoon just listened to them talk, more like fight about every little things.

It reminded him of the friendly fight he had with Hyeri. They were innocent and lovely. A memory worth remembering.

He had already felt the feeling of being someone's friend, of having a friend right before he fell in love with the girl he was friends with and he liked the feeling of being something more than acquaintance.

In a short time with this group of friends, Namjoon had learnt that they have been rulling out places where they didn't find the spear part as well.

It ruled out some places where Namjoon had yet to go but he could not simply believe something a stranger told him.

Instead, he decided to tag along with the group. They all were heading in the same direction as Namjoon anyways.

He still wondered how they will get home if they find the part when the rest of the pieces were with his grandfather but he decided not to ask them questions that might give away his identity as the child of the family of peace keepers.

Hyeri had instructed him to never reveal himself and Namjoon had already seen how hard it got after he disobeys her words.

"I call it a day. All of you move and don't disturb me anymore." One of the men said and moved to a corner.

"Dibs on the other one. I have no intention to be stepped on by you idiots." The girl said and stood up.

Namjoon saw the other two stand up too.

Namjoon too, got up on his feet and made his way out of the tent.

There he saw the last one or the one he saw first laying in silence.

It still wasn't night but dark enough for him to know that of he didn't lay on the ground in that moment, he will have to keep standing up for the entire night.

He made his way to the opposite side of the tent, far away from the man.

"I didn't leave him just because he disobeyed my orders." He heard the man speak and knew he was speaking to him.

"If I had stayed, the demons would have seen us all. I acted for the group."

"You're a great leader." Namjoon said.

"I'm not one. No one here is. And that's why they're angry." Namjoon didn't say anything to that.

"Night man." He saw the man turn away from him.

Namjoon sighed and closed his eyes. He knew he was going to have a good sleep as he wasn't alone.